PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Wrong, DirectXbox is in the name. Post proof that DriectX isn't used in the Xbox API on any console.
You are right I was thinking wrong. I was thinking about the fact they went from Power PC to x86. Going forward they will stay with x86, but getting og Xbox and Xbox 360 games to working took a significant amount of work.

You're still repeating the same lines. They obviously can emulate the PS3 in PSNow. But the cost to add it even if it's like $5 or $10 extra bucks would cost millions. They already sell these things at a loss. You have a chance to stunt on Sony here for using that stupid ass Core architecture and now you're saying they could emulate it without an issue. But in the same breath saying glitches would be expected for the company that owns it. So it's not about good emulation it's about just having a feature to brag about.

Separate to this convo, can someone with PSNow tell me how well it does playing PS3 games?
You’re randomly coming up with this idea that they would need extra hardware to emulate PS3 on PS5. I’m not sure where you get that idea from, but it’s not true.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Read the link you posted and read this post you just made and go sit down somewhere and study it for a few minutes :mjlol:

Hint:If a PS3 emulator is clearly possible...from the cloud... How is that synonymous with an offline emulator that would've ran on the PS4? Again, we not talking if the PS5 can run PS3, we was always talking about the 4.
Again the emulator doesn’t need a very powerful computer to work. And it was made by random people on the internet who don’t have access to nearly the information or resources Sony would.

Why not admit it’s just a business decision?

Sony will be alright:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again the emulator doesn’t need a very powerful computer to work. And it was made by random people on the internet who don’t have access to nearly the information or resources Sony would.

Why not admit it’s just a business decision?

Sony will be alright:mjlol:

"Recommended requirements
For running playable games with proper performance

-AMD 6-core with SMT or 8-cores and up(Ryzen only)"

Now please, for the jury. Please show proof that the PS4 has a Ryzen 6 or 8 core CPU that is capable of running a PS3 emulator with proper performance as per the RPCS3 twitter itself, not your own authoritative delusion .:mjlol:

Since you know you said you don't need a very powerful computer. Put up or shut up! :sas1:

Don't spin and try to juelz about how if random internet nikkas made an emulator Sony can do better on the PS4, you yourself claimed the emulator didn't require a very powerful computer so STICK to that claim! Again, we're talking about PS4, not PS5.

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
images
:umad:

:dead:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You mean like this thing they had no problem selling to the massive for 100 bucks completely unoptimized.

bb30e77d-dc08-4038-bf60-5f57e37b59af._CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464__.jpg

The overall issue is sony can make more not worrying about back compat while reselling the same games, remakes and franchise in the future. Therefore the "fanbase" hold the L. Only the stan's don't really care because they love the brand and image and those that do want improved services gotta just hope for the best...

that shyt WAS trash though. shyt had fleece written all over it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

"Recommended requirements
For running playable games with proper performance

-AMD 6-core with SMT or 8-cores and up(Ryzen only)"

Now please, for the jury. Please show proof that the PS4 has a Ryzen 6 or 8 core CPU that is capable of running a PS3 emulator with proper performance as per the RPCS3 twitter itself, not your own authoritative delusion .:mjlol:

Since you know you said you don't need a very powerful computer. Put up or shut up! :sas1:

Don't spin and try to juelz about how if random internet nikkas made an emulator Sony can do better on the PS4, you yourself claimed the emulator didn't require a very powerful computer so STICK to that claim! Again, we're talking about PS4, not PS5.

So you calling those recommended specs a “powerful computer” :usure:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you calling those recommended specs a “powerful computer” :usure:
full
'

Compared to the PS4's CPU HELL YEAH it is. I stand by the claim that a PS4 would not be adequate for proper PS3 emulation, a PS5 should. You try to obfuscate this difference and make it look like I'm saying PS3 cannot be emulated on any PS machine to hold up this strawman you're making.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sooo you don’t think Sony could do a better job than random hackers?:jbhmm:
Making a PS4 emulator for PC's with proper hardware? You see what he's doing y'all? @Rekkapryde @Kamikaze Revy @-DMP- @The Mad Titan @daze23

You're trying to sleazily change the argument in a deceptive way to make it look like I'm saying that random PC hackers can develop a better PS4 emulator than Sony engineers themselves. No, the argument I'm making and the one that I'm standing by 100% is that a Playstation 4 CANNOT run a PS3 emulator properly even by YOUR own idea of "not very powerful hardware" since that so called "Not powerful hardware" is in reality WAY MORE POWERFUL than the hardware in a PS4. You're trying to switch what I'm saying up to make it look like I'm just saying some crazy shyt like hackers can do a better emulator than Sony themselves everything else all equal. Only dummies will think this is true.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Making a PS4 emulator for PC's with proper hardware? You see what he's doing y'all? @Rekkapryde @Kamikaze Revy @-DMP- @The Mad Titan @daze23

You're trying to sleazily change the argument in a deceptive way to make it look like I'm saying that random PC hackers can develop a better PS4 emulator than Sony engineers themselves. No, the argument I'm making and the one that I'm standing by 100% is that a Playstation 4 CANNOT run a PS3 emulator properly even by YOUR own idea of "not very powerful hardware" since that so called "Not powerful hardware" is in reality WAY MORE POWERFUL than the hardware in a PS4. You're trying to switch what I'm saying up to make it look like I'm just saying some crazy shyt like hackers can do a better emulator than Sony themselves everything else all equal.
What he’s saying is what I’ve said for years now...
All the complications you keep claiming aside...would it cost more...or less, than 380 million dollars to hire a team of Sony professionals to develop a PS3 emulator for the PS4?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All the complications you keep claiming aside...would it cost more...or less, than 380 million dollars to hire a team of Sony professionals to develop a PS3 emulator for the PS4?
No offense, but the fact that you saying "all complications aside" shows you have no idea what it takes to actually run the emulator itself and think it's just a issue money will solve. I'm no expert on this myself, but to just handwave away the technical aspects of an emulator shows you don't know what's in the PS4 itself. Meach bringing up a PC emulator that requires hardware that came out 5 years later and is way more powerful and faster than a PS4 is not a strong argument.

You can't boil pasta with heat from a candle even if Gordom Ramsey was in the kitchen.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

What's the 380 million about? PSNow price? It's on more platforms than the PS4 tho :dwillhuh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No offense, but the fact that you saying "all complications aside" shows you have no idea what it takes to actually run the emulator itself and think it's just a issue money will solve.
I think it’s an issue talented minds can solve.
Are you gonna answer the question?
Do you think it would take more, or less than 380 million to create the solution?