PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
this may be true at launch, but later on in the life cycle, i am sure they will allow it. they have the emulation code already written up.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess I'm just old and don't give a fukk, because when I was a kid I didn't care that my SNES couldn't play NES games and so on...:yeshrug:

Only time I was ever hype for it were for PS2 and PS3, and the PS3 with the BC I actually wanted (PS2) I ended up trading in for a slim anyway.

Sure it's nice to have, but I use it so rarely it means nothing to me. I get ppl want it more than others and some ppl will use this to further validate stan wars tho

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Why do y’all keep saying you don’t care about backwards compatibility but then in the same breathe say “as long as ps4 games work on it I’m good!” :gucci:
Let me guess, the same people that joke about everyone being broke are going to “trade in” their PS4 to get the ps5?
The only explanation I can think of is dudes don't actually like the games they're playing. Sounds like some people only want back compat for one generation because they didn't finish playing their PS4 library. One and done :francis:. If you ain't wanted to pop in a Destrega, or Soul Blade, or a Simpsons Hit and Run and take a walk through memory lane, you must have something wrong with you:yeshrug:. Ain't nobody buying new consoles to solely play old games, but it's good to be able to when you get the urge.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Looks like Mystic already dropped knowledge on this months ago. Basically the same thing I was saying :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only explanation I can think of is dudes don't actually like the games they're playing. Sounds like some people only want back compat for one generation because they didn't finish playing their PS4 library. One and done :francis:. If you ain't wanted to pop in a Destrega, or Soul Blade, or a Simpsons Hit and Run and take a walk through memory lane, you must have something wrong with you:yeshrug:. Ain't nobody buying new consoles to solely play old games, but it's good to be able to when you get the urge.
It's not that people don't care, it's just that it's not a huge issue as some gamers try to make it out to be. PS4 BC is important because it's still active and lots of games have active MP communities/content that's not going to stop because of a new console so not having PS4 BC would be stupid.

PS3 BC and older would be great as well but it's not a deal breaker like not having it would cause me to second guess purchasing a PS5. If it had it, cool, don't have it? Cool, I wasn't itching to play many PS3 games as they already were remastered anyway. Almost every big 360/PS3 game was remastered for both platforms.

Last edited:

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
nikkas in here like as long as they can play PS4 games on it when it’s already been revealed that some ps4 games will work lol