Ps5 to be massively inferior to xbox series x but you already knew that!!!

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I just don't see this happening because this would be the first generation that Playstation loses.
They no longer have the games narrative/advantage because Microsoft has more studios than them now.
Its very possible seeing how all signs point to Microsoft releasing 2 systems at launch. It seems like they're putting out both the launch unit and their "upgrade" at the same time.

Also, owning more studios doesn't mean they'll be able to match Sony's output.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since you snuck this in at the end of the last OT, figured i'd respond here. There are some reasons NOT to put weight into the Github leak

There are 3 reasons to question the implications of the leaked documents:

1. They are full of mistakes and inaccuracies
  • There are files in wrong folders, there are sub folders and wrong folders. Again, when people say these are legitimate, they mean that this is what is legitimately in the files, not that the files are correct or accurate all the time.
  • The biggest issue is that they claim Spakrman (Lockhart) is 56CUs. Every reason you have to believe Oberon is PS5, you have to believe that Sparkman is Lockhart. Sparkman BC mode indicates it can replicate a One S.
However confident you are that PS5 is 36 CUs, must must be equally confident that Lockhart is 56CUs. Or the other way around, how ever skeptical you are that these leaks confirm Lockhart is 56CUs, you must be equally skeptical these leaks confirm PS5 is 36CUs.

2. The leaks if taken at face value, fly in the face of every credible insider we have, including develeper sources and industry sources, that say the Series X and PS5 are very close in power.
  • We've had Jason Schreier News Editor of Kotaku, Andrew Reiner Executive Editor at Game Informer, Our own Mods, and Vetted industry insider and veteran Klee, and other insiders all say the consoles are close in power.
  • They specifically claim PS5 and Scarlett were close in power according to those sources. And All of that is in the same time window these leaks are from, which according to DF is the point where it's too late to make changes. None of them have come out and said the the tables have turned. The Github leaks are new to us, but they are actually older than the leaks we've gotten from insiders.
So, Actual insiders who actually know about the target specs of the PS5 and Xbox Series X (rather than drawing conclusions from indirect and uncontextualized data points) with a network of sources (instead of an interns notepad) are saying something to the contrary of what the leak indicates at face value.

3. The documents, if taken at face value, don't pass the sniff test, and an alternative makes more sense
  • The test were done without VRR and RT, when we know that at the very least PS5 has RT. This means that the tests we have access to are not the full PS5 in at least one way.
  • 36CUs at 2GHz, is not a reasonable way to hit 9.2TFs, if that's the target. Every bit of historical and contextual data we have for consoles points to a wide and slow approach to console APUs. Efficiencies, Thermals, Cooling Costs, and reliability have all proven to be reasons that trump a lower sized and faster APU. Why would Sony feel any different? What technology would change the equation? I'm not aware of any, so I don't expect that approach to change.
  • 36CUs would also make this the smallest APU Sony has made in a decade. In a world where Sony is dominating in terms of sales and profitability, where they've come out and aid that PS5 is going to be Niche product aimed at the hardcore who what the best and latest, where that is corroborated by their rumoured bleeding edge SSD tech, a small APU doesn't make sense.
  • Digital Foundry Stated in the article that many BC test are being done. If that's true, this could be a BC test right? Well, what would that look like. Presumably, they would want to test a Native PS4 mode, a PS4 Pro mode, and like the PS4 Pro had.... A PS4 Pro Boost mode. What would the Boost mode test look like?
  • A PS4 Pro Boost mode compatibility test would look like this: Exactly the same CUs as the PS4 Pro, An unlocked "full" clock, no RT or VRS hardware activated. What do we have in the leak? 36CUs (exactly the same as the PS4 Pro), 2Ghz, the rumoured full clock of the PS5, No RT and no VRS indicated.
The leaks makes little sense as the Full PS5 hardware, indicating you shouldn't take it as a certainty of the PS5s total performance, and a lot of sense that it's a boost mode PS4 Pro compatibility test so that possibility can't be dismissed.
:jbhmm:

This guy just made a whole lot of sense in the jungle of confusion over there over these leaks.
Makes sense.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing I will say is that this Digital Foundry shyt is going to force Sony's hand and they going to drop the specs sooner than expected.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Do they still planning on glueing this new xbox together? Im on my third controller thanks to the faulty bumper buttons, second power brick and my system just died thanks to microsoft forcing my system to update at the wrong time. How the fukk you charging me 60 dollars for a defective controller? The left and right bumper buttons just stop working over time.

Im sitting here playing a game and poof of smoke goes out my power brick and it died. For no reason. 60 bucks for a new one.

Downloading one of the countless meaningless system updates that happens every month, lost internet connection for a brief moment. This will kill your 500 dollar video game system

fukk gamepass, i dont know anyone with a ps4 having these problems. I do know people who buy kits from walmart to fix the bumper issue on the controllers. Thats how bad it is. They released 3 editions of the same damn console and are still selling defective controllers.

Never in life have i had to deal with mechanical issues on a video game system, and ive been playing since atari 2600. If ps5 got the games im out

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread, both of them are gonna be inferior to PC....who cares? If people were really spec whores they'd just go the PC route. I don't get why people split hairs between consoles when the end result isn't ever that much different.

All that's going to matter in the end is the games. That's it. All this spec nonsense is cool fodder for sites like Digital Foundry but at the end of the day people aren't gonna give a fukk as long as the games are good.

Fred.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread, both of them are gonna be inferior to PC....who cares? If people were really spec whores they'd just go the PC route. I don't get why people split hairs between consoles when the end result isn't ever that much different.

All that's going to matter in the end is the games. That's it. All this spec nonsense is cool fodder for sites like Digital Foundry but at the end of the day people aren't gonna give a fukk as long as the games are good.

Fred.
It's fodder for DF, console warring and slight interest in price/performance.

I'd say it's mainly console war fodder.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Fred.

Because you give up alot to game on PC for the best possible spec's.

The issues I usually run into are

1) release dates.
Games usually release on PC a lot later

2)PC exclusive bugs
I can't tell you how many times I've played a game that works just fine on console but on PC it's glitchy or buggy.

3) Updates are behind the console version
Which doesn't even make sense to me in alot of cases since it's easier to update PC games than console ones. Especially Xbox games.

4) comfort
I want to lay in bed and play games on big screen TV....

I rarely get a game on PC over console unless it's something competitive.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because you give up alot to game on PC for the best possible spec's.

The issues I usually run into are

1) release dates.
Games usually release on PC a lot later

2)PC exclusive bugs
I can't tell you how many times I've played a game that works just fine on console but on PC it's glitchy or buggy.

3) Updates are behind the console version
Which doesn't even make sense to me in alot of cases since it's easier to update PC games than console ones. Especially Xbox games.

4) comfort
I want to lay in bed and play games on big screen TV....

I rarely get a game on PC over console unless it's something competitive.

You missed the point man.

Some of these cats been arguing MS vs Sony for damn near 20 years. Since SOHH.

So if they really cared about major differences in specs....they'd just go PC. But they don't really. It's just excuses to split hairs between MS and Sony.

Which again is silly because at the end of the day nobody gives a fukk about specs. People care about games, that's it.

Fred.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Do they still planning on glueing this new xbox together? Im on my third controller thanks to the faulty bumper buttons, second power brick and my system just died thanks to microsoft forcing my system to update at the wrong time. How the fukk you charging me 60 dollars for a defective controller? The left and right bumper buttons just stop working over time.

Im sitting here playing a game and poof of smoke goes out my power brick and it died. For no reason. 60 bucks for a new one.

Downloading one of the countless meaningless system updates that happens every month, lost internet connection for a brief moment. This will kill your 500 dollar video game system

fukk gamepass, i dont know anyone with a ps4 having these problems. I do know people who buy kits from walmart to fix the bumper issue on the controllers. Thats how bad it is. They released 3 editions of the same damn console and are still selling defective controllers.

Never in life have i had to deal with mechanical issues on a video game system, and ive been playing since atari 2600. If ps5 got the games im out
Kinda crazy that out of my X1, X1S, and X1X, with kids using the consoles and controllers, and using the controllers for PC gaming, I haven't experienced any of this in the last almost decade...the only thing ever broken is the 3rd party wired controllers and I just go spend another $15 on one of those. I still have a day one (it says "day one") controller from the X1 launch that still works fine

Haven't experienced any issues like this with PS4 either...

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You missed the point man.

Some of these cats been arguing MS vs Sony for damn near 20 years. Since SOHH.

So if they really cared about major differences in specs....they'd just go PC. But they don't really. It's just excuses to split hairs between MS and Sony.

Which again is silly because at the end of the day nobody gives a fukk about specs. People care about games, that's it.

Fred.

Oh yeah a lot of it is just arguing points, especially here.

But there are reasons to be hype about specs and not want to get a PC.

With that said I think this whole graphics debate thing is just blow back from the start of this gen

• Dap
Reactions: hex

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Kinda crazy that out of my X1, X1S, and X1X, with kids use the consoles and controllers, I haven't experienced any of this in the last almost decade...the only thing ever broken is there 3rd party wired controllers and I just go spend another $15 on one of those

Haven't experienced any issues like this with PS4 either...
Probably cause you bought 3 seperate consoles in the span of 5 yrs. All on the same platform. Microsoft damn sure did a good job marketing + advertising