Ps5 to be massively inferior to xbox series x but you already knew that!!!

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Whenever I decide to buy a next gen console my decision will be based on price & gaming library. I probably won't get another console until the second or third year of the life cycle. Maybe if or when Sony or MS do slim versions of their next gen consoles.

Last gen imo was disappointing and underwhelming by both companies.

Sony:
had the better gaming library but went overboard with remasters
substitute B/C for PS NOW which is a rip-off
PS4 Slim was nothing but a graphical "upgrade" with no 4K

XBox:
Lack of exclusive games
Mandatory Kinect at launch that Microsoft had to make consoles without the Kinect
Upgraded consoles did include 4K player
Systems were B/C with 360 games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm getting PS5 day one unless everything goes terribly wrong.

Xbox Series X is most likely a skip again since all their 1st party titles will be on PC so it's redundant to buy a console just to play some games that I can already play on one platform.

PS5 will be for exclusives/VR and other things unknown at this point.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What are some good exclusives on XBox besides Halo and Gears?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
What are some good exclusives on XBox besides Halo and Gears?
Before i would begin to address your question i struggle to get past the fact that only people who haven't played halo or gears ask that question.

Now follow what im saying, I'm not saying halo and gears are so great, I'm saying people who don't play xbox name drop those two like if xbox is only good for a first and a third person shooter... that's it, besides that what else is good is your question. Well sir pretty much every genre is covered so whatever the fukk interest you is available on xbox. Stop being a fanboy awaiting a stranger on the internet to go "I love playing killzone :hhh:"

I believe God created you to be a man not a sheep :hubie:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
This was from an old dev kit, nothing to see here. PS5 will have a higher TF count, HBM3 ram, Reram for the SSD, and more CU's on the GPU. 36 regular CU's and 36 ray tracing accelerated hardware cores in a butterfly GPU design for a total of 72 compute units. PS5 will have a big Navi GPU clocked at 2ghz. 18.4 TF:troll:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Before i would begin to address your question i struggle to get past the fact that only people who haven't played halo or gears ask that question.

Now follow what im saying, I'm not saying halo and gears are so great, I'm saying people who don't play xbox name drop those two like if xbox is only good for a first and a third person shooter... that's it, besides that what else is good is your question. Well sir pretty much every genre is covered so whatever the fukk interest you is available on xbox. Stop being a fanboy awaiting a stranger on the internet to go "I love playing killzone :hhh:"

I believe God created you to be a man not a sheep :hubie:
Despite that paragraph where you went on a tangent you still didn’t answer the specific question.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm getting both this year. From what I've seen and heard, Microsoft has built a console hell bent on performance and making sure there is airflow for the fan. Everything else came after those considerations, including the price. Hence the pc tower looking console.

Sony, for all of their technical hardware prowess, has never launched a console with the same mindset. Ken Kuturagi had the Emotion Engine and Blu Ray In its infancy that drove ps3 costs up. The ps4 is a smartly designed console that was designed to meet a price point. I believe that Sony has positioned the ps5 to be the same way. I don't think Microsoft created the XSX with the same mindset. These specs clearly show that they haven't, at least not at what most people consider sweet spot launch pricing of 399. i see 499 and Microsoft taking a loss on sales at launch.

However, this is Phil's console and he seems to be personally insulted by the power difference between the current base consoles. It's great if Mark Cerny matches these specs for Sony but with 4 generations in the books, looking at history and ps3 withstanding, ps5 comes out at 399 with appropriate specs to match.