PS5 SSD is far ahead of those found in high end PCs according to Epic founder.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I just hope the SSD they include is more than 60GB :mjlol:

Won't be impressed if I have an ultra fast HD that runs out of space in two months.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just hope the SSD they include is more than 60GB :mjlol:

Won't be impressed if I have an ultra fast HD that runs out of space in two months.

No way they can go back from 1 TB now, minimum. I hope they sell an upgraded model

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think itll be $399 or worst case $499.

I worked at CompUSA at 18-19 years old during them $599 days and saw them ps3 collect dust so I doubt they go back that high.

I think they need to continue to master making money on the back end (psn, movies, digital sales, etc) and can keep upfront cost down.

$499 can be do able but youre rolling the dice at that point.

at $499 youre also reaching dangerous “too expensive” territory for the average house hold, especially since i think theyll release this holidays, but the economy is non existent and unemployment is higher than ever. Parents will do what they can to make sure their kids have a great holidays since summer is all but cancelled in a lot of states, but has to be reasonably priced for this to happen.

if people by December have to choose between a $600 ps 5 and food on the table or keep the lights on or pay rent.. well i think you know how thats going to go.

sony has played it safe with Playstation. I think theyll take the L upfront and make it back over time on subscriptions.

$399-499 my estimation. No chance of it going over.
They’re making insane amounts of money on PSN and Psnow that I think they’ll go $399 and make that money back from subscriptions. $499 is very dangerous, especially if the more powerful Series X also comes in at that price and Lockhart is $299. They don’t want to be giving Microsoft any opening this coming gen.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They’re making insane amounts of money on PSN and Psnow that I think they’ll go $399 and make that money back from subscriptions. $499 is very dangerous, especially if the more powerful Series X also comes in at that price and Lockhart is $299. They don’t want to be giving Microsoft any opening this coming gen.

that's why I would

*drop a glimpse of Spidey 2, God Of War 2, and HZD2*
*ONLY ON PS5*
*Drop mic*

:unimpressed:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Sony finally won their proprietary storage battle :mjgrin:, vita died for this

From my understanding, it's not proprietary. You can fit it with an NVME drive, but the current speeds that is offered by Sony isn't really available yet.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
From my understanding, it's not proprietary. You can fit it with an NVME drive, but the current speeds that is offered by Sony isn't really available yet.

So in other words its proprietary :youngsabo:. Consumer ready ssd's cant currently match the internal drive speed. I guarantee they will put out Playstation branded ones

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
So in other words its proprietary :youngsabo:. Consumer ready ssd's cant currently match the internal drive speed. I guarantee they will put out Playstation branded ones

By the time the system is out, I'm positive there will be drives that match and/or beat the speeds of the PS5's SSD.