PS5 SSD is far ahead of those found in high end PCs according to Epic founder.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Epic saying PS5 SSD is far ahead SSD's found in high end PC's :duck:
Hes not wrong. Pc gamers focus on GPU power and cpu processor speed, and then probably RAM. SSD is probably 4th most important thing on a gaming PC since games on PC are tailored for the processor to handle most the load (except EA games love using the GPU more).

the most popular SSD right now is the Samsung Evo which is only 600mb/second

the ps5 SSD is 5.5 gb/second

where the ps5 slows down compared to PCs is that its already on an outdated comparable processor (AMD ryzen 3700x comparison) and soon to be outdated GPU (2070 gtx comparable).

By release date of the ps5, pc enthusiasts will have the next nvidia cards and intel processors to kill ps5, but the average computer will be on par. The next update cycle of average PC gamers will probably be around 2022, which by then the average PC will leave PS5 in the dirt speed and graphic wise.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Maybe but I don't believe NVME storage is the norm and you still have the overhead of Windows. :hubie:
You said SSD though :hubie: NVMe is relatively new different kind of SSD and not sure the average pc gamer cares for it yet

Basically SSD = Nike
NVMe = some rare Jordan 1 on stockx thats $1500

Most gamers have their “Nikes” but they probably not into the rare collection yet. As developers dont currently tailor PC gaming around SSDs (yet or maybe ever)

if that makes sense

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Hes not wrong. Pc gamers focus on GPU power and cpu processor speed, and then probably RAM. SSD is probably 4th most important thing on a gaming PC since games on PC are tailored for the processor to handle most the load (except EA games love using the GPU more).

the most popular SSD right now is the Samsung Evo which is only 600mb/second

the ps5 SSD is 5.5 gb/second

where the ps5 slows down compared to PCs is that its already on an outdated comparable processor (AMD ryzen 3700x comparison) and soon to be outdated GPU (2070 gtx comparable).

By release date of the ps5, pc enthusiasts will have the next nvidia cards and intel processors to kill ps5, but the average computer will be on par. The next update cycle of average PC gamers will probably be around 2022, which by then the average PC will leave PS5 in the dirt speed and graphic wise.

Sony goal is not 4k like Xbox as you can see the demo was 1440P which is awesome in itself. I am about to buy a 1440p monitor

4K has limitations depending on game ot lazy developers such as Ubi Soft

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
how does SSD help game performance other than faster load times, I don't even save my games on PC on my SSD because I have more space on the other hard drive
The SSD in PS5 is basically hand shaking with the GPU to improve in game performance, not just load times.

My bad for derailing the original topic. :hubie:
did you delete the posts :skip:

i thought it was a good discussion. Giving insight on why things work the way they work :hubie:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The SSD in PS5 is basically hand shaking with the GPU to improve in game performance, not just load times.

did you delete the posts :skip:

i thought it was a good discussion. Giving insight on why things work the way they work :hubie:
He doesn't like being corrected, and would rather save e-face than to have real knowledge shared from discussions. Eventually you'll see that they are cool as long as you stay within the confines of a narrative that they decide. Neogaf jr.:manny:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He doesn't like being corrected, and would rather save e-face than to have real knowledge shared from discussions. Eventually you'll see that they are cool as long as you stay within the confines of a narrative that they decide. Neogaf jr.:manny:

The posts wasn't deleted you bum ass nikka, they were moved to the right thread. :unimpressed:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
how does SSD help game performance other than faster load times, I don't even save my games on PC on my SSD because I have more space on the other hard drive
thing is we really haven't seen games that require a SSD. current PC games are expected to also run on a HDD (although some games get better/smoother performance with a SSD). so currently the only benefit most games get is faster load times

HDD's are (relatively) slow, so any data a game needs quick access to must be loaded into the ram and vram, and swapping out this data takes time. this means games designed for a HDD have to limit the amount of data the game needs, or you get stuttering and/or pop-in. a game designed for a SSD can swap out the data it needs much faster, so it can use more data to render a scene. with the PS5 apparently the GPU has a direct connection to the very fast SSD, so it can cut out the middle man of the CPU and ram, getting the data it needs even faster

it does remain to be seen how much this will actually benefit games. and if Sony's unique architecture will be hard to code for. but having SSD's standard in both consoles should really change the scope of the games we see. and it may mean we'll start seeing PC games that require a SSD

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I've been thinking about this lately. Right now is a terrible time for anyone to upgrade their PC. The PCIe drives in the new consoles are really game changing.

I'm probably going to upgrade my PC around January of 2021. Definitely getting a larger PCIe drive than the one I have now for my PC.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Sony goal is not 4k like Xbox as you can see the demo was 1440P which is awesome in itself. I am about to buy a 1440p monitor

4K has limitations depending on game ot lazy developers such as Ubi Soft

2k(1440p) has always been the peak standard of pc gaming. Why these consoles try to push 4k gaming with inferior hardware is a market gimmick imo. Any modern 2k gaming rig is gonna shyt on these so called "4k" consoles.

Until 4k gaming can run at 144hz+ well above 60fps, no one should even care for 4k anything.