PS5 SSD is far ahead of those found in high end PCs according to Epic founder.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Never said he said it would result in better games
:youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo:
One of the biggest points Cerny talked about with ps5 development is trying to eliminate bottlenecks hence the whole new i/o ssd solution. Might be playing a bigger role in these comparisons than we think

PS5 I/O Speed Is On Another Level, Says Dev
PS5's SSD Has Developer Dreaming Big and Thinking of New Frontiers
PS5 news: Developer says PlayStation 5 is almost TOO fast

easy google

but I know you gonna just
full

anyway. :sas2:
The trips Cerny made to all these devs worldwide asking what they want most for next gen obviously.........

we'll find out
PS5 SSD isn't being used like a traditional SSD.
And the rendering. And the AI interactivity. And everything else that is bolstered by the PS5 being able to transfer 5.5GB of data (the PS4 is only able to do 100MB :mindblown:) a second. Anyone thinking Sony didn't deliberately remain silent on the PS5's capabilities are delusional. Remember when people said their silence was because they were scared of revealing a weaker system to Microsoft's superior one?

:sas1:

I'm excited to see how the SSD affects not only graphics but AI, animation, destructibility, etc.

Hell, yeah, breh. shyt's a game changer. Sony saw the usual iterations that occur with each new gen and decided that something needed to change. They had to introduce a completely novel form of tech that impacted the way we play games. Prettier visuals are always welcome, but advances in other, less noticeable facets of game design are also key to pushing our experience forward. Someone could look at the Xbox Series X' output and exclaim, "WOW, the PS5 doesn't look that nice," while someone else could respond, "True, but take a look at how much draw distance is in the PS5 games. Notice how seamlessly you transition between levels? Observe how effortlessly I was able to move into that area and begin interacting with the environment. Can you do that on Microsoft's system?"

:mjgrin:

like that clown that tried to tell Sweeney from Epic how SSD speeds work and he replied to make him look like a fool. Homie deleted his tweet and everything. :laff:

First they said only 1st party devs are saying good things and singing praises so they don't count because conflicts of interest. They then post something from a ex-dev(who hasn't worked in over 10 years with Sony) that got exposed as not even having a PS5 devkit and him tryna clarify what he was saying... On a reply to a tweet by a huge Xbox fanboy(Timdog) :mjlol:

Then posts from 3rd party devs singing it's praises is ignored and one of the most sneakiest Xbots tried to insinuate that Sony and Epic are boys and are close so that's why Tim Sweeney is saying what he's saying.. but then he proceeds to talk about MSFT and how UE5 will shine there because they go back with The Coalition and yadda yadda. It's like nobody can't say anything about PS5 without there being some caveat that must be stated :laff:

Here's some 3rd party devs:

Remedy(Control developer):

Remedy describes PS5 upgrades for Control, hypes up ray-tracing & SSD | Metro News

Dog cats hanging their hats on XSX shyt being so much better than PS5 games are setting themselves up for some hurt feelings. :francis:
That Sony stan Koolaid is strong.

These dudes was convinced PS5 was so special.

Now they playing the same multiplats and cross gen games as every one else :mjlol:

@Kamikaze Revy these are your people:wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Now they playing the same multiplats and cross gen games as every one else :mjlol:

Same 3 titles since the mid 2000s..still in last place too :mjlol:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Thankfully, several missions at the start of the game sync up all of these elements, and so we can confidently say that textures, lighting, effects and draw distances are matched between the Sony and Microsoft consoles. Regardless of mode, there's little to split the two.

There are a couple of bizarre differences however - minor footnotes if you like: PS5 renders an additional shadow under cars, around foliage, and at characters' feet, whereas right now Series X appears not to - something that happens in all three modes. However, ambient occlusion and environmental shadows are a match between the two systems. It seems that PS5 is rendering an additional projected shadow texture: it's a technique used by Rockstar separate to screen-space ambient occlusion or typical shadows, drawing a texture to bake in shade at specific points. Right now, whether it's a bug, or a simple oversight, it appears to be missing on Series X and we hope to see it patched back in.

PS5 and Series X are closely tied then - but does performance hold up? On a general level, all modes on all systems play relatively consistently at their 30fps or 60fps targets. However, there are some moments where performance may dip. During missions, especially the explosive shotgun-wielding stuff with Trevor, we get more significant drops into the 50fps and even 40fps region. Anything involving explosions and vehicles taxes both PS5 and Series X alike.

Curiously, both PS5 and Series X lose their lock on their target frame-rates in different areas, to differing extremes in the preferred performance RT mode. Take the 'Mr Philips' mission for example, where Trevor goes on a rampage, where PS5 takes a hit to almost the 40fps line in the most explosive scenes. It's a stark, visible drop in an otherwise 60fps experience, making the oncoming bikers look choppy as they approach. On Xbox Series X, there's still a dip, but this time to 50fps. However, we see the reverse fortunes in other missions - like a repossession mission with Franklin - where PS5 continues to play out locked to 60 frames per second while the Series X dips beneath. Different scenarios seem to favour different consoles. The bottom line? Both are capable of drops under 60fps, though never too long to disrupt the experience.

[...]

Still very much based on the existing versions of the game, Grand Theft Auto 5's new enhanced release manages to get the job done on the current-gen consoles and perhaps predictably, PS5 and Series X are hard to split apart. The frame-rate leads are interchangeable, by and large. Depending on which mode you use and which mission you're playing, either PS5 or Series X can drop a little harder or further. As for visual comparisons, it also says a lot that the main difference is Series X is missing shadows under cars, which are present on PS5. The noticeable contrasts end there. Draw distances, world detail, physics, ray traced shadow quality - it's all essentially matched between the two.

From actually reading the DF article, they're virtually the same, with the Series X version missing shadows. And dropping frames in other areas. Isn't this a more damning indictment on "12TFLOPS!!!!!!" than a 2.42 second loading difference on a last-gen game? If the Series X was so much more powerful it should have been able to brute force far better performance and graphical fidelity, yet it doesn't.

Daps

When Spiderman 2, TLOU3, GOW 3, Guerilla's new ip Santa Monica's new ip Uncharted 5, GOT2, TLOU Remake, R&C Rift Apart 2, Wolverine, Savage Starlight, Forspoken, etc. drop :wow:
Rift Apart showed me given enough time, creativity, and the right talented developers the SSD is a game changer now imagine multiple years in
See what they did last gen now imagine what they can do this gen with the constraints removed
GOW 3 PS5 Exclusive vs. GOW Ragnarok cross gen will be a huge difference look at what they did with GOW on the PS4 a lot of people felt it was a next gen game
I'm still excited y'all just jaded
I don't like all the cross gen but the PS5 exclusives are coming and by 2023/2024 we will start seeing what the PS5 and the SSD is capable of
No way I'm underestimating what Sony's studios or a studio with a comparable amount of talent can do
Neil, Cory, Insomniac, the rest of SM, Sucker Punch, etc. are going to push the SSD IMO

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When Spiderman 2, TLOU3, GOW 3, Guerilla's new Up Santa Monica's new up Uncharted 5, GOT2, TLOU Remake, R&C Rift Apart 2, Wolverine, Savage Starlight, etc. Forspoken drop :wow:
Rift Apart showed me given enough time, creativity, and the right talented developers the SSD is a game change now imagine multiple years in
See what they did last gen now imagine what they can do this gen with the contrainsts removed
GOW 3 PS5 Exclusive vs. GOW Ragnarok cross gen will be a huge diffferent look what they did with GOW on the PS4 a lot of people felt it was a next gen game
I don't like all the cross gen but the PS5 exclusives are coming and by 2023/2024 we will start seeing what the PS5 and the SSD is capapble of
No way I'm underestimating what Sony's studios or a studio with a comparable amount of talent can do
Neil, Cory, Insomniac, the rest of SM, Sucker Punch, etc. are going to push the SSD IMO
Koolaid still ain’t worn off yet :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
When Spiderman 2, TLOU3, GOW 3, Guerilla's new Up Santa Monica's new up Uncharted 5, GOT2, TLOU Remake, R&C Rift Apart 2, Wolverine, Savage Starlight, etc. Forspoken drop :wow:
Rift Apart showed me given enough time, creativity, and the right talented developers the SSD is a game change now imagine multiple years in
See what they did last gen now imagine what they can do this gen with the contrainsts removed
GOW 3 PS5 Exclusive vs. GOW Ragnarok cross gen will be a huge diffferent look what they did with GOW on the PS4 a lot of people felt it was a next gen game
I don't like all the cross gen but the PS5 exclusives are coming and by 2023/2024 we will start seeing what the PS5 and the SSD is capapble of
Halo Gears Forza!!! :mjlol:

Gamepass!!!!!! :lolbron:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From actually reading the DF article, they're virtually the same, with the Series X version missing shadows. And dropping frames in other areas. Isn't this a more damning indictment on "12TFLOPS!!!!!!" than a 2.42 second loading difference on a last-gen game? If the Series X was so much more powerful it should have been able to brute force far better performance and graphical fidelity, yet it doesn't.
SSDdddddddd~~~:russ:

:mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Couldn't wait for horizon, only to be locked into Elden ring with every other console and PC player:mjlol:

Xbox has no games, yet is keeping people stuffed with games to play.

The SSD was supposed to be so fast it improves graphics but it's loading games around the same speed if not slower:mjlol:

Games cost 70 bucks

Games cost 70 bucks and kicking them out of playing while being full of micro transactions:mjlol:

And actual console exclusives that aren't on PC are few and far in between

Sony stans:wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Couldn't wait for horizon, only to be locked into Elden ring with every other console and PC player:mjlol:

Xbox has no games, yet is keeping people stuffed with games to play.

The SSD was supposed to be so fast it improves graphics

Games cost 70 bucks

Games cost 70 bucks and kicking them out of playing while being full of micro transactions:mjlol:

And actual console exclusives that aren't on PC are few and far in between

Sony stans:wow:
Xbox fukked around and found some sales momentum now too. And that’s before the big hitters drop.

Like I said, walls closing in, that’s why they acting out like this. By the end of the gen @Rekkapryde stan response generator is gonna be outa answers, it’s already been malfunctioning lately:mjcry:

Last edited: