Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think you meant "unrealistic"

But yeah, I co-sign everything. Like someone else said, after Jukebox kidnapped and almost killed him, he would've been scared straight. After finding out Kanan killed Sean, he would've been done fukking with Kanan. After Reina died, he would've been done with it all. After getting kicked out of school, he would've realized he was over his head. The Italians almost killed him, Ghost almost killed him, and Tommy almost killed him and yet he's still persistent in trying to be this big drug dealer. Why????

They keep trying to sell us this bullshyt like "it's in his blood," "it's genetics," "like father like son," "he was born to do this" etc. Like wtf, no he wasn't. People sell drugs when they got no real options and are struggling. This boy grew up privileged and never spent a day in the hood until he met Kanan. It's just ridiculous at this point.

Ehh....all that shyt applied to The Godfather and Michael Corleone (who grew up incredibly privileged) yet we love it. I can buy Tariq being born to be a street dude. They’re just not writing it well. With good writing, they could’ve easily made him Michael 2.0 off the Wire.

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
Tasha scheme is all about getting revenge against ghost.

She never wanted him to go legit

fukking other men didn’t work

the divorce didn't work

Still hurt over the whole Angela fiasco

she blames him for Raina’s death

she always had aspirations of getting into the drug game on her own

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tasha ain't shyt. She really is a bad mother. Reminder that none of this would have happened if she let James go legit instead of being Ghost.
In reality, in this situation, Tasha is being a better parent than Ghost is. She’s dealing with the reality that her son is a liar and wants the crime lifestyle and is gonna stick with it regardless. Ghost is playing fantasy land thinking he can “change” Tariq the god.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think you meant "unrealistic"

But yeah, I co-sign everything. Like someone else said, after Jukebox kidnapped and almost killed him, he would've been scared straight. After finding out Kanan killed Sean, he would've been done fukking with Kanan. After Reina died, he would've been done with it all. After getting kicked out of school, he would've realized he was over his head. The Italians almost killed him, Ghost almost killed him, and Tommy almost killed him and yet he's still persistent in trying to be this big drug dealer. Why????

They keep trying to sell us this bullshyt like "it's in his blood," "it's genetics," "like father like son," "he was born to do this" etc. Like wtf, no he wasn't. People sell drugs when they got no real options and are struggling. This boy grew up privileged and never spent a day in the hood until he met Kanan. It's just ridiculous at this point.

What makes it even worse is the fact that he was just literally an accomplice to a murder (Proctor) that she has to know that the police are still investigating, but as someone mentioned earlier, Ghost is able to walk around and do whatever with no surveillance. The last thing she should be doing right now is teaching him the game.

Last edited:

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
In reality, in this situation, Tasha is being a better parent than Ghost is. She’s dealing with the reality that her son is a liar and wants the crime lifestyle and is gonna stick with it regardless. Ghost is playing fantasy land thinking he can “change” Tariq the god.
What kind of reality is better parenting to show a 16 year old kid the ropes of how to become a successful drug dealer?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What kind of reality is better parenting to show a 16 year old kid the ropes of how to become a successful drug dealer?
Because he's doing it REGARDLESS. What good is letting him figure it out on his own? He's gonna get himself killed clearly. At least this gives him a chance of staying alive.

It's like if you had a son who wanted to be a boxer. You're better off getting him a good trainer than just saying "No, go to school" when you know they're gonna do it anyway.

What's the better option you recommend here? Clearly the "scared straight" approach ain't gonna work.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Just caught up to ep.5&6... boy this nikka Tommy is fuccked when Benny comes for him.. that nikka scares me, he gonna torture the fucc outta Tommy.

Ghost and Rashads back and forth gotta be goat tier writing.

the last episodes made me feel like season 1 again, shyts been getting better.. cant wait for nikkas to beat the fukk out that nikka tariq. p*ssy ass nikka causing all this shyt smh..

I need Ghost and Tasha on good terms, this hostility shyt for the birds...

alphonse a whole bytch, nikka fucced over one of his best licks ever, punk ass councilman now the hero of the city.

this season gonna end with a bang cause right now. shyt is lit

that light skin snitch from choate gotta be related to one of ghosts enemies cause ol girl played that fool hardbody

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Tasha scheme is all about getting revenge against ghost.

She never wanted him to go legit

fukking other men didn’t work

the divorce didn't work

Still hurt over the whole Angela fiasco

she blames him for Raina’s death

she always had aspirations of getting into the drug game on her own

She did sign the divorce papers. Ghost ain't go thru with it.