House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I feel bad for the man.:snoop:
Creatives are gonna have to realize sooner or later that these show-runners aren’t adapting anything, they wanna retell or reimagine your work in their vision.

The budget constraints remind me of Nickelodeon’s mishandling of The Legend of Korra, penny pinching guaranteed hits is stupid to me.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I feel bad for the man.:snoop:
Creatives are gonna have to realize sooner or later that these show-runners aren’t adapting anything, they wanna retell or reimagine your work in their vision.

The budget constraints remind me of Nickelodeon’s mishandling of The Legend of Korra, penny pinching guaranteed hits is stupid to me.
I imagine their logic is: "this is gonna be a hit anyway so lets maximize them profits!"

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Why in the world, after two types of experiences like these, would you allow them to adapt any more of your work. :what: Breh said there's like five more shows in development :mjlol:
1. Money.
2. Its clear the disconnect started while season 2 was being written, he was probably happy with the conversations and scripts prior the change of showrunner for season 2.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Hmmm....the show writer vs book writer wars continue. The former swear they know better for their medium than the latter ever could and feel like they can improve upon it to make it more digestible for TV audience.

And book writers feel like they the puppet master in these web of strings niccas gettin' their sauce from so pay homage.

The Fire and Blood story portion they're choosing to tell is so condensed tho, it really shouldn't be a need for much changes. They appear to be droppin' the ball on this one.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
What the show runners did with Blood and Cheese was inexcusable :hhh: Making Helena an autistic psychic :hhh:having Rhaenera sneak into Kings landing in a gotdamn nun costume :hhh:Giving Daimon white walker visions :hhh:
No Nettles :mjtf:

"Hey who we gonna cast as the most popular Dragon Seed?"
"budget mate lets cut her, how are we on the CGI for Daemon's 6th vision?"

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No Nettles :mjtf:

"Hey who we gonna cast as the most popular Dragon Seed?"
"budget mate lets cut her, how are we on the CGI for Daemon's 6th vision?"
Yep. Don’t forget Daeron the daring. A literal son of Viserys and a dragon rider. All so we can get scenes of Alicent floating in the water cuz she’s sad.

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
GRRM spilled the beans.

My take:
1) Sounds like he didn't fight hard enough to keep the blood & cheese scene legit.

2) GRRM is a bytch. He signs away creative rights then bytches when they fukk it up.

3) Checked the showrunner, Ryan Condal's CV.. how the hell did HBO give him the job? he basically has 0 accomplishments. Turns out he's not from Harlem either.

4) HBO so tight on money that they couldn't hire 1 baby for a scene? shyt just CGI the baby then. HBO fell off bad.

5) There's no saving this show or any of the other 5 shows in development.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Yep. Don’t forget Daeron the daring. A literal son of Viserys and a dragon rider. All so we can get scenes of Alicent floating in the water cuz she’s sad.
That shyt was insane, like not even one line of dialogue in the ep when they were all together having dinner in thr first season "oh man if only Daeron wasn't warding in Oldtown I would have all my children here with me" easy, instead they waited until the show was like 17 eps deep to mention another kid out of nowhere.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm a big GRRM fan but think he's missing the forest for the trees here. The only people who care that a minor child character was cut from the show are book readers. Nobody else cared, that had nothing to do with the scene not being good. I agree with him that Haelana offering jewelry instead of her life was a TERRIBLE choice but even that isn't the problem. The problem is that a large portion of the episode was spent with two lecherous, unlikable characters as they plotted to murder children.

Imagine if the Red Wedding episode in Game Of Thrones was shot from the perspective of the Freys plotting the murder/betrayal. Did we need to see them plotting, deciding what song would be played, who would get to cut off the head, etc? Of course fukking not. That would be nihilistic, ruin all the suspense, and kill the shock of that episode. Well that's basically what HOTD decided to do. That sequence should have been from Haelana's perspective. Sure there needed to be a scene of Daemon speaking with Blood and Cheese, but after that? It should have been Haelana being a mother, being a queen, trying to influence her husband, interacting with the small folk, playing with her children...and then boom.

The show even gave one of them a dog, to humanize him. And then multiple episodes went by with us seeing the dog underneath the rotting corpse. I'm baffled at how exhaustive and masturbatory the writers of HOTD are about shyt nobody cares about. Instead of developing actual characters there's a nonstop obsession with random bit characters, or repetitive scenes/conversations in rooms. Over and over again. Meanwhile Haelana barely had any scenes after her child was murdered lmao.