House Of The Dragon - Season 2 - Official Thread 6/16 (NO SPOILERS)

Where does your allegiance lie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This season kinda rubbed me the wrong way and I just don’t have the energy to avoid spoilers for the next two years, so I went ahead and read the background/lore for Dance of the Dragons. I’m not a fan of GRRM’s writing style so I don’t have any interest in reading the actual books.

No spoilers but the book/lore is really just focused on the main points so the details are mad cloudy, which means the show has a ton of unknown story elements to flesh out. I also thought I had spoiled things accidentally that weren’t really spoilers because so many characters in this universe have the same damn names. I’m still interested in watching (whenever it comes back) and I honestly think it will be enjoyable to see things get clarified in the show.

I will also take it upon myself to report you buttheads who keep posting spoilers and trying to act innocent.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I will also take it upon myself to report you buttheads who keep posting spoilers and trying to act innocent.

LVDDxIn.gif

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
He has little choice but to take that approach. Not everyone is going to want to be respectful of the source material like with LOTR or Harry Potter. If you don't keep an eye on the suits looking to cut corners, the quid-pro-quo directorial hires or writing rooms who want to turn your work into their personal gender studies project, and on and on...you'll end up with the Acolyte or the Wheel of Time show.