Post your funny/horrible stories from Apt living

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
In my last apartment:

Dude got killed right across the hall from my apartment by his best friend. Shot him in the face. I wasn’t there when it happened I was at the grocery store but my wife was home. She said she heard a lot of commotion like people running but no shots. I think it happened inside the apartment and just spilled outside because there was blood in the lot and on the sidewalk when I got back. Dudes cousins came and was knocking on doors tryna get info.

Another neighbor across the hall got his challenger stole in broad day while him and his ol lady were taking out groceries. I guess he tried to fight em as they were stealing it but they lumped his ass up and burnt off. Crazy because a couple weeks before that somebody got him for his rims and his shyt on bricks. Guess he didn’t take the warning.

Couple months before we move some shots rang out in the parking lot after a party spilled out of someone’s apartment. Idk what the argument was about.

Also like 7 years ago the first day when I moved in to my wife’s (at the time my girlfriend) apartment a nikka got shot in the leg at the stairs right under her apartment. She tried to play it off like it was fireworks but like a min after the shots rang out you here a white dude screaming ahh he shot me :russ:

Ghat damn, bruh it’s so crazy for us that we ignore some stuff that should be a shock, i remember one night i woke up, to had to be a shoot out cuz i heard firing and then return firing and both had to be a rifle and me :snooze:

And i hear gun fire from time to time still don’t be bothered

I'm a big black man, all my neighbors have been considerate AF :birdman:

qe1gsc6ut8g71.jpg

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
probably 10 years ago I came home mad drunk and passed out on the couch :dead:

I wake up to water hitting me in the face, its raining inside my crib :mindblown:

its like 6am at this point. I get up and see water coming from the light fixtures on the ceiling. I got exposed brick on one wall, and thats not flush with the ceiling, so that was just a giant waterfall :heh:

I am VERY fukking confused right now, so I open the door to my crib, and I see it. the fukking fire hose going up the stairs, and firemen going up and down. :lupe:

I try to stop one of them, immediately he's like, WHAT THE fukk, BEEN KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR FOR AN HOUR!! :martin:

turns out the chic upstairs fell asleep smoking a bogie up there. I went up the next day to see the crib. :whoo:

everything in there was black from the smoke, and it was also very broken from what I assume were the axes the fire dept used on all her shyt. she aint even really give a fukk like that though, I could tell from talking to her :mjpls:

always get renters insurance brehs :youngsabo:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
probably 10 years ago I came home mad drunk and passed out on the couch :dead:

I wake up to water hitting me in the face, its raining inside my crib :mindblown:

its like 6am at this point. I get up and see water coming from the light fixtures on the ceiling. I got exposed brick on one wall, and thats not flush with the ceiling, so that was just a giant waterfall :heh:

I am VERY fukking confused right now, so I open the door to my crib, and I see it. the fukking fire hose going up the stairs, and firemen going up and down. :lupe:

I try to stop one of them, immediately he's like, WHAT THE fukk, BEEN KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR FOR AN HOUR!! :martin:

turns out the chic upstairs fell asleep smoking a bogie up there. I went up the next day to see the crib. :whoo:

everything in there was black from the smoke, and it was also very broken from what I assume were the axes the fire dept used on all her shyt. she aint even really give a fukk like that though, I could tell from talking to her :mjpls:

always get renters insurance brehs :youngsabo:

big facts

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i got a few stories, this first one i've told here before so i'll shorten it.
i lived on the 12th floor, top of an apt. building in the Bronx growing up.
next door was a coke house. mad fighting we could hear through the wall
all the time. there was not a bunch of foot traffic so i assume they were
moving weight. one easter sunday we are on the way to church. cops
all up in the hallway and neighbors apt. got downstairs and went outside,
more cops everywhere and a body on the ground below my neighbor's
balcony. the blood stain was there for dumb long. i would stop to look at
it when i walked my dog.

on the same floor was this really tall smelly guy. big ass afro and beard.
he would mumble to himself when we shared an elevator, freaked me the
fukk out. turns out he was a Vietnam vet and wasn't doing to well. one day
we leave the apt into the hallway and you guessed it...mad cops. the tall
stinky dude had his elderly mother hostage at gunpoint in his apt. the cops
were in swat equipment so we just scurried past them to the elevator. next
day, tall stinky guy is chilling like nothing happened.

same building, there were a series of break ins and rapes in the building.
i don't know how many but i was young and my parents felt the need to
tell me so i'm assuming it wasn't a one off. some bozo was climbing
balconies to get into apartments and raping people.

an apartment on our floor caught fire once in the middle of the night. had to
walk down 12 flights of stairs. mad smoke, i still remember the smell. the odor
lingered for weeks afterwards.

Last edited:

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Back in 2006 when I was living on the east side of Harlem, I was standing outside of my building smoking. All of a sudden a bullet flies right past me and a young couple headed to prom and shatters the glass door of the entrance. The couple headed to prom literally was about to hop in their limo with their friends and all of a sudden come running towards me as more bullets start flying. We didn’t know where they were coming from at first so I ran back into the building and run upstairs to my 7th floor apartment I shared with my girl.

When I get inside she’s already ducking low and asks me if I know what’s going on. I creep to the window to peek to try to see what’s happening and then I see a nikka hanging out his window letting off random shots and people inside his crib are screaming. He was clearly disturbed and couldn’t be contained. It ended up being a full on hostage situation right on my block that lasted for hours. He ended up shooting one of the women in his apartment before they subdued him.

I think about how that bullet flew past my head like nothing.

:whew:

I actually forgot all about this until I went through this thread. I have so many crazy apartment stories living in nyc. I was one of those constant fukking and fighting every night type of neighbors with my ex in 2008. I know my neighbors hated us but when you’re young and In love and trying to handle life on your own for the first time in a relationship sometimes you don’t know what else to do

:yeshrug:

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps
This happened when I was like 7 but there was a woman that was stabbed over 25 times and killed in the building my mom and I lived in. I don't really know the details of it but my mom moved us out right after it happened. At the time I was pissed that I had to go to a new school and leave the complex. My mom told me why we had moved so suddenly just recently.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Back in 2006 when I was living on the east side of Harlem, I was standing outside of my building smoking. All of a sudden a bullet flies right past me and a young couple headed to prom and shatters the glass door of the entrance. The couple headed to prom literally was about to hop in their limo with their friends and all of a sudden come running towards me as more bullets start flying. We didn’t know where they were coming from at first so I ran back into the building and run upstairs to my 7th floor apartment I shared with my girl.

When I get inside she’s already ducking low and asks me if I know what’s going on. I creep to the window to peek to try to see what’s happening and then I see a nikka hanging out his window letting off random shots and people inside his crib are screaming. He was clearly disturbed and couldn’t be contained. It ended up being a full on hostage situation right on my block that lasted for hours. He ended up shooting one of the women in his apartment before they subdued him.

I actually forgot all about this until I went through this thread. I have so many crazy apartment stories living in nyc. I was one of those constant fukking and fighting every night type of neighbors with my ex in 2008. I know my neighbors hated us but when you’re young and In love and trying to handle life on your own for the first time in a relationship sometimes you don’t know what else to do

Share them breh

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
i got a few stories, this first one i've told here before so i'll shorten it.
i lived on the 12th floor, top of an apt. building in the Bronx growing up.
next door was a coke house. mad fighting we could hear through the wall
all the time. there was not a bunch of foot traffic so i assume they were
moving weight. one easter sunday we are on the way to church. cops
all up in the hallway and neighbors apt. got downstairs and went outside,
more cops everywhere and a body on the ground below my neighbor's
balcony. the blood stain was there for dumb long. i would stop to look at
it when i walked my dog.

on the same floor was this really tall smelly guy. big ass afro and beard.
he would mumble to himself when we shared an elevator, freaked my the
fukk out. turns out he was a Vietnam vet and wasn't doing to well. one day
we leave the apt into the hallway and you guessed it...mad cops. the tall
stinky dude had his elderly mother hostage at gunpoint in his apt. the cops
were in swat equipment so we just scurried past them to the elevator. next
day, tall stinky guy is chilling like nothing happened.

same building, there were a series of break ins and rapes in the building.
i don't know how many but i was young and my parents felt the need to
tell me so i'm assuming it wasn't a one off. some bozo was climbing
balconies to get into apartments and raping people.

an apartment on our floor caught fire once in the middle of the night. had to
walk down 12 flights of stairs. mad smoke, i still remember the smell. the odor
lingered for weeks afterwards.

Ghat damn that building needs to be condemned

you gotta share your stories bruh

This happened when I was like 7 but there was a woman that was stabbed over 25 times and killed in the building my mom and I lived in. I don't really know the details of it but my mom moved us out right after it happened. At the time I was pissed that I had to go to a new school and leave the complex. My mom told me why we had moved so suddenly just recently.

:ohhh: My god

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
One time I opened my apartment door and saw a pitbull leap from one dudes apartment onto the back of another dude that was struggling to open his apartment door.... The dog pushed the guy into his crib and somehow the door slammed shut and u just heard dishes breaking... Furniture being thrown with barking and screaming as the soundtrack..... I just jetted down the stairs and headed to school... .
:wow:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
One time I opened my apartment door and saw a pitbull leap from one dudes apartment onto the back of another dude that was struggling to open his apartment door.... The dog pushed the guy into his crib and somehow the door slammed shut and u just heard dishes breaking... Furniture being thrown with barking and screaming as the soundtrack..... I just jetted down the stairs and headed to school... .

ayyyyyuu yoooooo :laff:

5 minutes later this shyt got me in tears bruh imagining that nikka in the crib losing his mind trying to get that dog out

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Never had an apartment only condos and only in nice neighborhoods before we bought our house. Got lucky I guess.

Unolove

All Star
Daps
Not an apartment but when I was in navy school we woke up to a naked Samoan dude in our bathtub

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

This story still got me in a headlock bruh :russ:

Never had an apartment only condos and only in nice neighborhoods before we bought our house. Got lucky I guess.

I guess so

Not an apartment but when I was in navy school we woke up to a naked Samoan dude in our bathtub

:ohhh: Wtf yo you gotta give more details was the nikka drunk how tf he get in there