Playstation 5 will outsell Xbox Series 2:1 this year

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I know you're boastful of this but in the end the consumer is the one that loses. The lack of competition means PSN can go up almost 30% in price and add nothing more to the service and Sony thinks nothing of it because who are they competing with? It means the digital PS5 can easily go up $50 in price and they don't even have to think twice.

Some of us that want Xbox to do better aren't even Xbox fans. I'm certainly not. Some of us just know that when there isn't competition companies go back on their BS and when there is competition they keep each other honest.
Nintendo still exists and its not really a both sides thing when the competition has is a successful outside of gaming. If anything maybe this will motivate someone else to come to the market in a serious way. M$ ain't exactly SEGA

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo still exists and its not really a both sides thing when the competition has is a successful outside of gaming. If anything maybe this will motivate someone else to come to the market in a serious way. M$ ain't exactly SEGA

No, we should pity the 2 trillion dollar mega-corp

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean I know dudes want to appear non biased but tis okay to be a fan of any game company I think its just guys need to admit they dont' want to see M$ go vs competition. M$ hasn't been competition since the ps4 days.

I’d go as far to say they’ve never really been competitive. The 360 was a fluke caused by Sonys own incompetence over a stretch of 3 years and releasing their console a year early. On top of tht the year early head start caused their consoles to ship half baked and ended up costing them in the end.

It’s been 22+ years and the best way they figured to be competitive was to spend the competitions market cap in IP.

To this day, Microsoft has yet to create their own successful game franchise outside of Forza. Every somewhat valuable IP that have under their belt has been purchased from a 3rd party

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’d go as far to say they’ve never really been competitive. The 360 was a fluke caused by Sonys own incompetence over a stretch of 3 years and releasing their console a year early. On top of tht the year early head start caused their consoles to ship half baked and ended up costing them in the end.

It’s been 22+ years and the best way they figured to be competitive was to spend the competitions market cap in IP.
It worked in the IT world, why can't it work in the gaming world is probably their thinking. I mean with the money they have these guys don't even have new ips.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It worked in the IT world, why can't it work in the gaming world is probably their thinking. I mean with the money they have these guys don't even have new ips.

Hearing Phil Spencer say his biggest career defining moment would be to buy Nintendo kind of says it all. These nikkas don’t have any creative vision for gaming that doesn’t involve consolidation

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Fr9bTviaQAAiaO1

Daps
I’d go as far to say they’ve never really been competitive. The 360 was a fluke caused by Sonys own incompetence over a stretch of 3 years and releasing their console a year early. That year early head start caused their consoles to ship half baked and ended up costing them in the end.
Makes sense.

I had a PS2 and Xbox for the longest time. Everyone in college got a 360 but I kept holding out to see how the PS3 would look.

All my friends kept telling me to get a 360 but I just didn't want to commit. Soon, everyone started getting RROD...all my homeboys AND my future brother in law got RROD at least 2x-each.

Didn't upgrade until like 2009-ish but my 3 still works today. Oblivion, NCAA Football and Fight Night got a LOT of play. Got a PS5 and Series X now. Honestly enjoy both consoles.

360 had a massive advantage because Sony was charging too much, 360 came out earlier and the online ecosystem was way better. They had the sales advantage for years but I think Sony eventually caught and passed them on the install base.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All my friends kept telling me to get a 360 but I just didn't want to commit. Soon, everyone started getting RROD...all my homeboys AND my future brother in law got RROD at least 2x-each.

I had 2, my brother got 3:francis:

Pretty much once the prices came down on the ps3 and stuff like Uncharted started dropping it flipped. Then Microsoft started going in with the Kinect chasing the Wii success

Daps
Hearing Phil Spencer say his biggest career defining moment would be to buy Nintendo kind of says it all. These nikkas don’t have any creative vision for gaming that doesn’t involve consolidation
In fairness, that would be anyone's career-defining moment.

But I do get your point. I still think Xbox under Peter Moore was learning how to get very good at shepherding Xbox-only games on the console. There were smart partnerships with Sega and other companies (the Sega partnership actually is what got me to go Xbox after the Dreamcast died). If you recall, they had exclusive working relationships with Ninja Theory (called Just Add Monsters at the time), Double Fine, and Obsidian all alike. Kung Fu Chaos and KotOR II are Xbox exclusive, and Psychonauts was going to be Xbox exclusive until Microsoft dropped it late in development and Double Fine had to scramble and find a publisher.

They just did not continue to develop these relationships. From Mattrick on to today, Xbox leadership has had damn near zero video-game-related ideas. Sometimes I wonder if Phil Spencer even likes video games. Isn't there something Spencer would love to play that isn't already someone else's IP? Throw some money at something interesting, damn. They haven't really done that since they were the kings of the early indie-on-console scene.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In fairness, that would be anyone's career-defining moment.

But I do get your point. I still think Xbox under Peter Moore was learning how to get very good at shepherding Xbox-only games on the console. There were smart partnerships with Sega and other companies (the Sega partnership actually is what got me to go Xbox after the Dreamcast died). If you recall, they had exclusive working relationships with Ninja Theory (called Just Add Monsters at the time), Double Fine, and Obsidian all alike. Kung Fu Chaos and KotOR II are Xbox exclusive, and Psychonauts was going to be Xbox exclusive until Microsoft dropped it late in development and Double Fine had to scramble and find a publisher.

They just did not continue to develop these relationships. From Mattrick on to today, Xbox leadership has had damn near zero video-game-related ideas. Sometimes I wonder if Phil Spencer even likes video games. Isn't there something Spencer would love to play that isn't already someone else's IP? Throw some money at something interesting, damn. They haven't really done that since they were the kings of the early indie-on-console scene.

Yeah, i bought my original xbox for Jet Set Radio Future. The hardware brand is far too small now for publishers to make exclusive deals with them now. Even now that they are cool with Sega, theres no way they ever get an exclusive from them with them selling 800 consoles a week in Japan.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thread is called PlayStation will outsell Xbox 2:1. PlayStation is outselling Xbox at a ratio of over 2:1. almost 2 years later.

And your response is :mjlol:

So my response to your :mjlol: is :mjlol:
Thread was made in January 22, it's almost January 24.

It's been two years and y'all dudes who supposedly keep up with games and gaming news are still trying to compare console sales from companies that have different strategies.

:mjlol: