Playstation 5 will outsell Xbox Series 2:1 this year

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sony Stan's amazing, they had one 1st party exclusive drop and they doing backflips.

The bought PSvr2 and a wifi streaming device, the price of everything from the console to sub service went up, massive layoff, lost it's CEO, lost a pillar of their 1st party overseer, restructure to GAAS, restructured again to scale that back, had "fallouts" with studios and lost it's stranglehold on its biggest 3rd party money maker.

But hey they are having record selling numbers with the PS5 everything is fine

:mjlol:
And Xbox is still in 3rd place

:umad:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Either way the console market needs an alternative to Sony who has gradually become less consumer friendly as they’ve reached dominance. Nintendo doesn’t make the style of games Sony does or have the level of power in their hardware to be that counter. I’ve seen no evidence that any other company outside of Microsoft wants to do it. I hope they get their crap figured out and become competitive.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Either way the console market needs an alternative to Sony who has gradually become less consumer friendly as they’ve reached dominance. Nintendo doesn’t make the style of games Sony does or have the level of power in their hardware to be that counter. I’ve seen no evidence that any other company outside of Microsoft wants to do it. I hope they get their crap figured out and become competitive.

Same.

And that doesn’t mean just buying more third party publishers

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just goes to show all that ‘concern trolling’ about people you don’t even know retiring don’t really mean much in the grand scheme of gaming :yeshrug:
Y'all so goofy

Jim Ryan getting forced out isn't going to instantly stop people from playing, liking or buying PlayStations. :mjlol:

PlayStation is cemented especially after COVID and this year as the mainstream gaming system. They are basically the gaming version of apple...

But, this mess that's going on at PlayStation now, to the point where the the main guy in charge steps in to over see it... You won't see the effects of for months/years.

Fortunately Sony of Japan was smart enough to be like oh nahhhh, chill and jump in as quickly as they did.

Jim Ryan was about to crash the Titanic.

It's going to take years of Xbox doing what they are doing now and then some for the sentiment about them to change.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:manny: Y'all so goofy

Jim Ryan getting forced out isn't going to instantly stop people from playing, liking or buying PlayStations. :mjlol:

PlayStation is cemented especially after COVID and this year as the mainstream gaming system. They are basically the gaming version of apple...

But, this mess that's going on at PlayStation now, to the point where the the main guy in charge steps in to over see it... You won't see the effects of for months/years.

Fortunately Sony of Japan was smart enough to be like oh nahhhh, chill and jump in as quickly as they did.

It's going to take years of Xbox doing what they are doing now and then some for the sentiment about them to change.
Folks talking like he was on the board at Sony and cast the final vote.

nikka you know as much as we do, and that is what was reported.

He retired

:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

You can only hope, cause you know the only shot microsoft has at taking its place is if sony actually severely fukks up, which as you can see ain’t happening :umad:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can only hope, cause you know the only shot microsoft has at taking its place is if sony actually severely fukks up, which as you can see ain’t happening :umad:
There are signs that internally there’s been some turbulence inside Sony. All those delayed live service games. Higher level executives suddenly departing. Is hasn’t spilled over into impacting their retail performance but there’s clearly internal issues there that threaten to do just that. Especially considering how long AAA game development cycles take.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There are signs that internally there’s been some turbulence inside Sony. All those delayed live service games. Higher level executives suddenly departing. Is hasn’t spilled over into impacting their retail performance but there’s clearly internal issues there that threaten to do just that. Especially considering how long AAA game development cycles take.

That stuff is always happening, people just aren’t constantly reporting on it for console wars sake.

Like i said, every head of playstation served for around the same time as Jim Ryan, yall build up your own narratives to feel better about how badly xbox is managed. It hasn’t spilled over because its everyday shyt

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Folks talking like he was on the board at Sony and cast the final vote.

nikka you know as much as we do, and that is what was reported.

He retired

:manny:
I've been a party of plenty of these kinda of meetings and conversations. I've seen the verbage more than a few times, I know what it means when an interim is needed for a position and the person in that position is still employed at the company with a pending end date but no longer handling the duties they were, and my common sense tells me that you don't let someone that is supposedly making you all kinds of money just up and retire especially when it's because of something like traveling instead of trying to accommodate him by any means or having him prep his replacement.

Instead the head of Sony is stepping in to handle the job in the meantime.

Y'all wouldn't stop talking about if Satya, stepped in as interim for Phil effective immediately :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've been a party of plenty of these kinda of meetings and conversations. I've seen the verbage more than a few times, I know what it means when an interim is needed for a position and the person in that position is still employed at the company with a pending end date but no longer handling the duties they were, and my common sense tells me that you don't let someone that is supposedly making you all kinds of money just up and retire especially when it's because of something like traveling instead of trying to accommodate him by any means or having him prep his replacement.

Instead the head of Sony is stepping in to handle the job in the meantime.

Y'all wouldn't stop talking about if Satya, stepped in as interim for Phil effective immediately :mjlol:

You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. We’ve seen numerous CEO’s step down from their positions this year, and they don’t get 6 months inbetween putting in their resignation and actually resigning, they usually leave at the same time.

This is what happens when a CEO actually gets fired.