People that talk and distrub your viewing experience in theaters

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Does texting really bother people that much in the theater?? If my phone is on silent/vibrate, how the hell does that bother you so damn much? when i'm watching a movie, the only thing im paying attention to is the damn screen. It ain't my fault your low attention span, easily distracted ass can't cope with a little LED screen 30 feet way from you. i wish a nikka would tell me to not text if i want to. you aint the fukking police.

Hell yeah, motherfukka.. you think someone sitting directly in front of you with a bright screen turned on in a dark theater isn't going to be distracting? I won't lie, I've turned my screen on to check a text for A brief second before, but I never reply to it.. cause its annoying. Why the fukk are you actually texting during a movie? If you didn't plan on paying attention to the movie, why even go?

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
I absolutely fukking hate my theater experience to be fukked with. When I watch a movie, I try to mentally submerse myself into what I'm watching. If anything pulls me out of that mental place, I get pissed as fukk. I was at a IMAX theater recently watching Pacific Rim. Some fool brought a damn baby. I know the loud ass shyt was killin the baby's ears, so it was cryin on the regular. I eventually got fed up and yelled out: "Gotdammit! Somebody need to shut that little muthafucca up!" People actually clapped. I hate that shyt!
I also hate when ignorant muthafuccas (my own damn people most of the time), act a fool or talk shyt during the movie. I made the mistake of going to see the Conguring during peak hours. Bad idea. People were talking, going to the bathroom, making jokes, all kinds of shyt. Made it impossible for me to enjoy the experience. I'm gonna have to go see it again to really decide if I liked the damn movie or not now. Which is bullshyt!

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The one thing I absolutely positively fukking hate is when parents bring their 1-..let's say maybe 5 year old to the theater, and it's not even a kid flick or PG-13, straight R rated shyt. The baby shyt annoys me the most, shut your fukking kid up, lousy fukking parent.

Somebody did that shyt during The Hobbit. :snoop:

The whole family had to leave not even 20 minutes into it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Does texting really bother people that much in the theater?? If my phone is on silent/vibrate, how the hell does that bother you so damn much? when i'm watching a movie, the only thing im paying attention to is the damn screen. It ain't my fault your low attention span, easily distracted ass can't cope with a little LED screen 30 feet way from you. i wish a nikka would tell me to not text if i want to. you aint the fukking police.

Son it's got nothing to do with the size of the screen or my attention span, it's the fact that a flicker of light which is meant for someone with a disability is going to be distracting in a dark theater, no matter how big the auditorium is and the theater I go to has big screens so that's not the issue. I know out in Cali, at least when I was out there a couple years ago, they said that they will remove people from the theater if they catch them texting. It's one thing if cats text with a their screens low enough or with the brightness dialed back a bit but nah, they don't.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I made the mistake of going to see the Conguring during peak hours. Bad idea. People were talking, going to the bathroom, making jokes, all kinds of shyt. Made it impossible for me to enjoy the experience. I'm gonna have to go see it again to really decide if I liked the damn movie or not now. Which is bullshyt!

Yup, me too. I like going to horror movies with a decent crowd but unfortunately, unless its like a franchise with a diehard fanbase, most of the audience at horror flicks are obnoxious. When I saw the conguring, there was a group of ten high school aged black people in the row in front of me who laughed at shyt that was supposed to be serious, talked, and used their phone non stop. Then to the left of me in my row there were loud white girls who screamed at every scary part, which usually shouldnt be a problem, but they over exaggerated everything and giggled after they screamed. I still enjoyed the movie but it was a little grating to sit through

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
Hell yeah, motherfukka.. you think someone sitting directly in front of you with a bright screen turned on in a dark theater isn't going to be distracting? I won't lie, I've turned my screen on to check a text for A brief second before, but I never reply to it.. cause its annoying. Why the fukk are you actually texting during a movie? If you didn't plan on paying attention to the movie, why even go?
Do u send out a mass message to everyone that you know telling them that you cant be bothered during this your movie? I have never been distracted enough by some texting on their phone to miss any significant part of any movie and im sure you haven't either. Come breh. Life dont stop because of a flick.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Do u send out a mass message to everyone that you know telling them that you cant be bothered during this your movie? I have never been distracted enough by some texting on their phone to miss any significant part of any movie and im sure you havent either. Come breh. Life dont stop because of a flick.

No, I don't send a mass text, I just wait til I leave to reply to it. I'm not going to say texting distracts me to the point where I miss parts of the movie, but when I see a bright screen light up, I do tend to look in that direction at the light. Maybe I'm easily distracted, whatever.. I just dont get why people can't just put their phone away for two hours. Life don't stop because of a flick? Really? Unless its an emergency, your text can wait.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
No, I don't send a mass text, I just wait til I leave to reply to it. I'm not going to say texting distracts me to the point where I miss parts of the movie, but when I see a bright screen light up, I do tend to look in that direction at the light. Maybe I'm easily distracted, whatever.. I just dont get why people can't just put their phone away for two hours. Unless its an emergency, your text can waif.
I agree. In my area Cinemark theaters actually give rewards for using their app to put your phone into Cinemark mode (silence+screen dim). Last movie I went to I got a free drink and popcorn coupon. :obama:

Last edited:

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
No, I don't send a mass text, I just wait til I leave to reply to it. I'm not going to say texting distracts me to the point where I miss parts of the movie, but when I see a bright screen light up, I do tend to look in that direction at the light. Maybe I'm easily distracted, whatever.. I just dont get why people can't just put their phone away for two hours. Life don't stop because of a flick? Really? Unless its an emergency, your text can wait.

I'm sorry, you are not convincing me that answering a text and causing you to briefly look away from the screen for half a second is causing you to feel like your movie experience is utterly ruined. PLEASE convince me of this. I have an open mind. You even just admitted that it has never even caused you to miss any part of the movie. Answering a text (if the phone is on silent/vibrate) is not like taking a call, the phone ringing, or a baby crying, people talking through the movie, etc. Why doesn't people eating popcorn or rustling bags of food or slurping drinks bother you? You would have to notice that going on throughout the movie too then.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I'm sorry, you are not convincing me that answering a text and causing you to briefly look away from the screen for half a second is causing you to feel like your movie experience is utterly ruined. PLEASE convince me of this. I have an open mind. You even just admitted that it has never even caused you to miss any part of the movie. Answering a text (if the phone is on silent/vibrate) is not like taking a call, the phone ringing, or a baby crying, people talking through the movie, etc. Why doesn't people eating popcorn or rustling bags of food or slurping drinks bother you? You would have to notice that going on throughout the movie too then.

If you're just answering/replying to a text one time, then no it's not going to disturb me much. If you do it the whole movie, then yes.. it's going to cause me to be distracted from the movie. The way you're sticking up for people texting during movies I get the impression you do it all through out the movie..

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I have hypervigilance so there are innumerable things that annoy the fukk out of me when seeing a movie.
You need to stop going to theaters with screens the size of a damn computer monitor then. How in the hell is a little ass phone screen distracting you in a room with 300 people, a 200 foot screen and a sound system so fukking loud that it shakes the building? Do you get distracted by people eating popcorn or slurping the last of their drink? I have no idea when people decided texting was rude (talking yes). nikkas need to stop being p*ssy ass selectively outraged bytches.
you don't even know what the fukk you're talking about breh :beli: bright ass phone screens are distracting as fukk because everything around you is dark, it's so noticeable breh. Especially if you're wearing 3D glasses, it makes the screen even more bright. Everyone has their own thresholds for distractions breh. Yes, people slurping the last of their drink distracts me.

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
i don't even feel doing this anymore. Nobody is convincing me that this a huge issue. some little ass light bothers you in a loud ass room with a giant screen and you feel like someone should be kicked out of the theater for it. Fine your opinion. The biggest flaw in a debate is that neither side comes with any intention of changing their mind. whatever.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
*No one says a word other than appropriate reactions during climactic moments*

*Whole theater into the movie, enhancing viewing experience*

*Applause at the end for no reason at all*

*Everyone waits patiently for post-credits scene*

White Excellence :ahh:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
i don't even feel doing this anymore. Nobody is convincing me that this a huge issue. some little ass light bothers you in a loud ass room with a giant screen and you feel like someone should be kicked out of the theater for it. Fine your opinion. The biggest flaw in a debate is that neither side comes with any intention of changing their mind. whatever.

Nah it's not a huge issue at all my friend, but you can't convince anybody that what you're doing is not distracting when you're the person doing it all the time. People are annoyed by many different things... people that drag their feet...people that smack when eat.... people that snore loudly...you name it there is somebody that is annoyed by it. Are these huge problems no not at all, but they are annoying. People that whip out their phones and create light in dark ass room will draw attention from the movie. If you cannot understand that concept of light in a dark place...then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe its insignificant to you, but some people don't appreciate the BS that people do during movies. It's a courteous issue more than anything else.

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
Nah it's not a huge issue at all my friend, but you can't convince anybody that what you're doing is not distracting when you're the person doing it all the time. People are annoyed by many different things... people that drag their feet...people that smack when eat.... people that snore loudly...you name it there is somebody that is annoyed by it. Are these huge problems no not at all, but they are annoying. People that whip out their phones and create light in dark ass room will draw attention from the movie. If you cannot understand that concept of light in a dark place...then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe its insignificant to you, but some people don't appreciate the BS that people do during movies. It's a courteous issue more than anything else.
I would think that the GIANT LIGHTED SCREEN IN FRONT OF YOU AND GIANT WOOFERS ON THE WALLS would be enough to keep your attention. I don't even pull my phone out like that. I'm defending people that do. Don't your eyes adjust in the dark? it's not pitch black in a theater especially when you have a gigantic light source in front of you. you happen to notice someone in your field of vision that pulls out their phone and your experience is ruined. sorry for that. But how many of these people have you stepped to and asked not to do it anymore? I swear, when im in the movies, I dont see anything but the movie. I dont notice people 10 rows down getting up to take a piss or someone in the same row as me 10 seats down answering their phone. I'm so glad that im not one of you easily distracted easily annoyed people.