Oregon decriminalized hard drugs. It isn’t working

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
No idea but I was in a controlled environment. Couldn’t imagine people who build up a tolerance to the other narcotic meds that they can handle dilauded on the regular
in this same doc a girl broke her ankle, and they prescribed her dilauded, so she called her doctor friend to get some additional info on the drug. When she told her friend they prescribed her 8mg's she told her to stop taking them immediately. That the pain was worth not getting addicted to them.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
And all black folks wanted weed decriminalized and we cant even get that on a federal level...:beli:

Last edited:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
All these drugs in America… if they really want to reduce drug usage, they’d figure out how to reduce the demand…do these issues stem from broken families? Depression? Unemployment? Too much promotion of drugs in the culture?
This country was built by manual laborers. Once the country sold out to corporate interests and threw the manual labor jobs in the bushes, they literally ripped out the heart of America. A entire continent of people lost their purpose, and have nothing to live for. Theyd rather opt out the rat race and turn to drugs than live with no real purpose or realistic means to get ahead.

Couple that with Reagan destroying the federal mental health safety net and you get the literal walking dead.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I think the core idea makes sense but maybe they should make adjustments instead of simply criminalizing but we know they will just criminalize it again lol.
That's what the police union and the WSJ paid by the police union wants.

This is a hit piece for more funding. Expect a lot more dead junkies on the streets and in jails after this.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Fent made it more dangerous, I'm not against hard drugs being controlled but lets give outs for those that want to consume on their own time.

One reason I took the job I took and am moving out of Atlanta is weed laws ngl :manny:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Oregon decriminalized hard drugs. It isn’t working

Jan 30, 2024

=======================

That measure to decriminalize hard drugs has failed. In theory and in practice are different things, and at some point the advocates for those measures will be forced to acknowledge that it hasn't worked.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi

Jan 30, 2024

=======================

That measure to decriminalize hard drugs has failed. In theory and in practice are different things, and at some point the advocates for those measures will be forced to acknowledge that it hasn't worked.

Damn too many Ls in America

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I get that, but as I said if it's not fent it'll be something else. That can be a penalty on its owner for the seller, selling misrepresented shyt or whatever; I'm not a lawyer but I'msure there's something adjacent...I'm sure there is another law that isn't specifically related to drugs that it can be applied to that can carry just as severe of a penalty.

The problem is, anything can be a drug, we're always going to find new and powerful shyt. You can't legislate that. It's fent now, it was crack before, it was embalming fluid before that, there is always going to be some shyt that people never thought of before to get high off of.
just lock em up

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Jan 30, 2024

=======================

It didn't work in Portugal? Thought I read that it did.

Daps
It didn't work in Portugal? Thought I read that it did.
It did, he hasn't read any articles about portugal.

For instance, in 2001, Portugal took a pioneering approach to its drug crisis and implemented a comprehensive public health-based drug policy approach. This included decriminalization of personal drug possession while maintaining criminal penalties for drug trafficking. At the time, Portugal faced a severe heroin addiction crisis and the highest rate of HIV infections in the European Union.

Portugal’s approach to drug policy yielded positive results, including drug overdose death rates among the lowest in the European Union.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps

Jan 30, 2024

=======================

They accomplished what they set out to do. No way you weren't expecting mass deaths. It's what they encouraged by legalizing knowing/hoping full well they were going to wipeout a large portion of the addict base