Oregon decriminalized hard drugs. It isn’t working

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
It clearly says in the OP that Oregon has "new state-funded rehabilitation programs".........Put them in those programs and see what happens.....As long as they are off the streets and not burdening the community...What other option is there?.........Recriminalizing it and sending them to jail will cost the taxpayer money and feed the Prison Industrial System.

Low cost housing
State mandated counseling/therapy
Job placement

40-60% of all addicts will relapse at some point. The focus needs to be shifted from cure to prevention. Our approach to drug use has been wrong from the beginning. They were stigmatized, therefore making them attractive to kids because they were chasing a multi-prong high. Scoring gave them a high. Eluding the law gave them a high, and of course the high from the drug.

Addicts are addicts in every sense of the word...The state needs to give them another high to chase.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
a lot of the costs can be reduced by removing the profit motive and making it a government owned institution like many prisons are.
you're 100% right...But as you know the certain demographics would rather lock people up, then to provide them the resources they need.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
No solution is ever going to be perfect, but it never made sense to have hard drugs illegal, because you can make almost anything a "hard drug". Punish the behavior associated with a "hard drug". Just letting folks roam free from repercussions associated with hard drugs was always going to be a dumb idea.

Shift the funding to health and rehab. Make public intoxication, disorderly conduct, and crime committed while intoxicated punishable. They do it for alcohol; do it for everything else under the sun. I know a large amount are homeless, but usually the habit starts before they are homeless. You have to attack it both ways; the present situation and upstream before it becomes a chronic problem; because habitual hard drug usage is usually a mental health and quality of life issue.
Hard drugs should be illegal especially if you’re not regulated the sale. Allowing people to take fent laced drugs with no consequences or roadblocks is inviting disaster

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Hard drugs should be illegal especially if you’re not regulated the sale. Allowing people to take fent laced drugs with no consequences or roadblocks is inviting disaster
Canada has a program like this called Safer supply...Where they give out a drug called dilauded. These motherfukkers sale them to kids so they can buy Fentanyl. Addicts gonna find a way to get their hands on Fent no matter what.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Dilauded is safe? :dead:shyt is wild strong
hell naw it's not safe and it's super addictive. They're just using it as an alternative to ween people off of Fent. But addicts ain't going for it...They know what they want. I saw a doc where kids as young as 12 are getting addicted to dillies.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well..... after hearing what some known researcher said, its all fukked up. The hard drugs in itself arent even safe. How do you regulate that? And its not like theyre doing research on how to make these drugs safer or how to counter addiction

Last edited:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Low cost housing
State mandated counseling/therapy
Job placement

40-60% of all addicts will relapse at some point. The focus needs to be shifted from cure to prevention. Our approach to drug use has been wrong from the beginning. They were stigmatized, therefore making them attractive to kids because they were chasing a multi-prong high. Scoring gave them a high. Eluding the law gave them a high, and of course the high from the drug.

Addicts are addicts in every sense of the word...The state needs to give them another high to chase.

These are all good ideas...It's better than sending them to Prison.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
hell naw it's not safe and it's super addictive. They're just using it as an alternative to ween people off of Fent. But addicts ain't going for it...They know what they want. I saw a doc where kids as young as 12 are getting addicted to dillies.
They gave me dilauded after one of my surgeries and I had them hook me up to the oxygen shyt was an out of body experience. You almost forget to breathe. Told em to put it on my allergy list shyt was way too strong

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
They gave me dilauded after one of my surgeries and I had them hook me up to the oxygen shyt was an out of body experience. You almost forget to breathe. Told em to put it on my allergy list shyt was way too strong
what dosage did they give you?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I get that, but as I said if it's not fent it'll be something else. That can be a penalty on its owner for the seller, selling misrepresented shyt or whatever; I'm not a lawyer but I'msure there's something adjacent...I'm sure there is another law that isn't specifically related to drugs that it can be applied to that can carry just as severe of a penalty.

The problem is, anything can be a drug, we're always going to find new and powerful shyt. You can't legislate that. It's fent now, it was crack before, it was embalming fluid before that, there is always going to be some shyt that people never thought of before to get high off of.