WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

How Portugal's liberal drug laws are meeting with growing resistance​

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All these drugs in America… if they really want to reduce drug usage, they’d figure out how to reduce the demand…do these issues stem from broken families? Depression? Unemployment? Too much promotion of drugs in the culture?
That would work against the whole scheme though. All of this is rooted out of a society that’s based on hyper consumption.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Liberals (myself included) had gone thru this phase of delivering flippant answers to complicated problems. You'd hear it from all the clever economists and think pieces: "How do we solve homelessness? give them homes", "should we invest in food stamps? just give them cash", etc.

They'd be smug as hell while delivering these simple answers as if the questioner was silly for even asking.

But we're starting to see these problems are more complicated. Reminds me of a teenager who just discovered libertarianism, thinks it can solve all problems, and wonders why the world is so damn stupid.

Last edited:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
We getting ready to recriminalize drugs again. I understand why too. I live in NW Portland and my girl lives in SE. I work at a large hospital in the heart of NW/Downtown Portland and the drug addicts run rampant over there. It's actually gotten better over the last year but man it's bad. People are tired of it and dealing with drug addicts and homeless people with mental health disorders. There is no easy answer. It sucks that there going to go back to criminalizing it but shyt, decriminalizing it made things FAR worse for Oregon/Portland.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Liberals (myself included) had gone thru this phase of delivering flippant answers to complicated problems. You'd hear it from all the clever economists and think pieces: "How do we solve homelessness? give them homes", "should we invest in food stamps? just give them cash", etc.

They'd be smug as hell while delivering these simple answers as if the questioner was silly for even asking.

But we're starting to see these problems are more complicated. Reminds me of a teenager who just discovered libertarianism, thinks it can solve all problems, and wonders why the world is so damn stupid.
Over here in Portland they are building a bunch of tiny homes to house the homeless. Problem is each tiny house is costing the government 16,000 per! Feels like someone in the local government is getting rich off this shyt, probably through some contractor relative lol. Easy to see that that is an outrageous amount to charge for a house the size of a shed.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
What did far left libs think was going to happen? :childplease:
Give drugs to crehs and expect responsibility brehs :mjlol:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Over here in Portland they are building a bunch of tiny homes to house the homeless. Problem is each tiny house is costing the government 16,000 per! Feels like someone in the local government is getting rich off this shyt, probably through some contractor relative lol. Easy to see that that is an outrageous amount to charge for a house the size of a shed.
16k is a steal. You gotta build it out, do foundation, plumbing, electrical and insulation and drywall. That stuff isn't cheap

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
We getting ready to recriminalize drugs again. I understand why too. I live in NW Portland and my girl lives in SE. I work at a large hospital in the heart of NW/Downtown Portland and the drug addicts run rampant over there. It's actually gotten better over the last year but man it's bad. People are tired of it and dealing with drug addicts and homeless people with mental health disorders. There is no easy answer. It sucks that they’re going to go back to criminalizing it but shyt, decriminalizing it made things FAR worse for Oregon/Portland.
Why does it suck?

Decriminalize isn’t real

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
We getting ready to recriminalize drugs again. I understand why too. I live in NW Portland and my girl lives in SE. I work at a large hospital in the heart of NW/Downtown Portland and the drug addicts run rampant over there. It's actually gotten better over the last year but man it's bad. People are tired of it and dealing with drug addicts and homeless people with mental health disorders. There is no easy answer. It sucks that there going to go back to criminalizing it but shyt, decriminalizing it made things FAR worse for Oregon/Portland.
If you actually read the article, there are studies showing no connection between the laws and the drug use. This is mostly political posturing because people are so openly using and homeless like you said. That’s what if you look at the bill, there are all these off ramps to avoid prison and to get people into treatment centers. What really happened is that the law passed before Oregon had the resources to actually treat all the drug addicts and then fentanyl has gone wild all over Oregon. Basically, Oregon lacked the infrastructure for this to actually work.