Oregon decriminalized hard drugs. It isn’t working

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
.,...I think it's time wasting to let them out when so few of them actually leave drugs behind. I just think most should stay their indefinitely in a place that doesn't even give them the option to access drugs. but such a place should be a space where they can still be productive and fulfilled human beings, not a penal colony.

-How is taking someone & locking them up somewhere indefinitely different than a prison? How they gonna be fulfilled being held against their will & what's your idea of productive?

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not mad that it doesn't seem to be working as its great they are least tried it for 3 years.
What in your right mind would think addicts would willingly go in bunches to get clean?

Especially considering these are hard drugs. It’s more than just quitting cold turkey at this point

Sometimes you gotta sit people down. Whether that be jail or extended rehab.

Now you got a potential to get the GOAT graduate to prison class:dead:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
it doesn't if "it" isn't working or some cacs' feelings get hurt at seeing the poors, this is the price of freedom. free people have the right to engage in free trade and to ingest whatever they want even if it's harmful. kidnapping people at gunpoint for doing so, then throwing them in private prisons is state-sponsored slavery and those who want it are enslaver apologists, the freedom of particular minority groups is stolen for profit and they cheer it on.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Haven’t been to Oregon since pre pandemic but I feel like they had a lot of issues socially they had to work on aside from legalizing the hard drugs.

In fact, solely legalizing drugs alone is never the answer to problems they were already dealing with

Like, all the times I’d walk in downtown Portland, the homeless population and their mental health issues became apparent.

It surprised me for a city like Portland, just didn’t seem to make sense, all the suffering people.

Plus, I have this older friend who’s a woman who’s from there and she’s always talking shyt about how Portland is/was so it’s always made me feel skeptical about the legalization of the hard drugs. Mostly because she would talk about how she abused drugs there in the 90s before she moved to get away from all that shyt

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I am for decriminalizing usage of hard drugs, but if you are using them and are on the street or committing crimes, you need to be put in a rehab center. An overhaul of the mental health services available needs to be done. Using hard drugs is even more of a problem if you are on the streets homeless and not in your right mind.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
WSJ is owned by Dow Jones who’s owned by NewsCorp who’s owned by Rupert Murdoch, who also owns Fox and Fox News.

Everything else is owned by the Zionists.

fukk mainstream news

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
-How is taking someone & locking them up somewhere indefinitely different than a prison? How they gonna be fulfilled being held against their will & what's your idea of productive?
Prison is a punishment, this is medicine. there are no punitive measures here. There are no gaurds, lockdowns, bunks, or any of the other punitive measures. It need no be a single, dreary institutional building either. You could pick any subdivision is suburbia and use the whole area as such a place. Kinda like how there are senior living communities that dont resemble hospitalsa nd are like normal subdiviosions with a bunch of camouflaged health facilities in the area.

These former drug addicts are free to do everything somebody on the outside can; the only difference is drugs cannot enter the grounds and the medical component is mandatory. They can do whatever they want with their day.

by productive, i describe working fulfilling jobs(no different than outside ones, at the same rate as outside people), they are getting all the entertainment perks of an outside person, getting the same education of an outside person, freedom to procreate and marry, etc. This is how its productive. It is not punitive. They are treated like a medical patient at a hospital who can do whatever with themselves as long as they are on their treatment regimen and remain in the controlled environment.

As you can see, they still are embedded in the greater society, while being permanently separated from their vice. the only restrictions are mandatory therapy, initial medical rehab to wear off symptoms , and the inability to leave the area. And once again, this is compassion , not punishment.

We do the this because If such a person leaves , They will predictably and immediately engage in self harm and drug use once their vice is available to them

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
"The fundamental problem, according to law-enforcement officers and researchers, is that the threat of jail time hasn’t been replaced with a new incentive for people struggling with addiction to seek treatment.⁠"

half-ass policies as usual:beli: