Oregon decriminalized hard drugs. It isn’t working

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
It did, he hasn't read any articles about portugal.

For instance, in 2001, Portugal took a pioneering approach to its drug crisis and implemented a comprehensive public health-based drug policy approach. This included decriminalization of personal drug possession while maintaining criminal penalties for drug trafficking. At the time, Portugal faced a severe heroin addiction crisis and the highest rate of HIV infections in the European Union.

Portugal’s approach to drug policy yielded positive results, including drug overdose death rates among the lowest in the European Union.
Is Portugal in America?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What works in Portugal is going to work in big American cities?
I don't know.

If someone is an alcoholic in Texas, is that being different than being an alcoholic in England?

Or is the addiction the same and you treat it as such?

Because if not, we've got like 250 countries on this planet and you might think there are 250 different ways to treat alcoholism. Or any other addiction.

And that's weird.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
*FULL press conference, begins at 9:07

Portland, Multnomah County and Oregon leaders announce tri-government fentanyl emergency​

KGW News​

Jan 30, 2024
Oregon Gov. Tina Kotek, Multnomah County Chair Jessica Vega Pederson and Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler are holding a joint news conference

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I drafted and erased what I wanna say twice. There's a few different angles here so imma just try to summarize:

1. Let's just all be clear that Oregon waa founded as a White enclave. Oregon Trail was literally a game in which we escaped our own Black asses. I've said that before.
  2. Therefore, what applies in Oregon doesn't apply in other states... You're a long way from Mississippi, for example.
  3. The idea that their failure is an indictment on the strategy is bullshyt. Maybe it was Seattle but on gawd, I saw a Vice article about "Black Lives Matter" in the PNW and the cover image was some white woman sitting on the street BUTT ASS NAKED and a squarcar was in front of her :mjtf
  4. Shoutouts to the brehs mentioning Portugal. We've tried sobriety thru criminalization for DECADES now and this is still a problem-- but people wanna give up on decriminalization at the first chance. The Wallstreet Journal told ya'll "NEARLY three years into an experiment..."
:laff:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It didn't work in Portugal? Thought I read that it did.
With all due respect, this seems like a bit of a deflection. I'm sure the advocates had data from previous studies and experiments. And they made projections about what this measure would accomplish when applied.... in Oregon.
The state of emergency declared on state, county, and city levels point to those projections not being met.... in Oregon.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Maybe if they arrested the WHITE DEALERS AND USERS.... none of this would have happened...:manny: but since they white they treat them with kid gloves instead of railroading them into prison like they did us...:beli;

• Dap
Reactions: TEH