Old School vs New School beef is brewing

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You likely say that from a nostalgic point of view. People who grew up on Cole/Kendrick could list many memorable songs.
Wrong. Put it like this. I know 20 year olds who would look at ur posts and laugh. I'm tired of nikkas using that nostalgic excuse to dismiss flat out better music and skills.

Daps
Reppin
me
Did nikkas not hear I Got The Keys?? shyt is happening as we speak, and Hov is winning. Drake has NOTHING for that "own your own/on your own" line

Apex

Banned
Daps
Personally what did you grow up listening to? Before high school....Before Drake, Kendrick, Cole. Are those the artists you started out with?
The biggest rappers were Kanye, Wayne, and Drake (Drake even more-so because he had blown up and was on fire). I would listen to those three and just popular songs from artists like Jay Sean, Iyaz (that Replay record was big), Sean Kingston, Chris Brown, Linkin Park, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, etc.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
The biggest rappers were Kanye, Wayne, and Drake (Drake even more-so because he had blown up and was on fire). I would listen to those three and just popular songs from artists like Jay Sean, Iyaz (that Replay record was big), Sean Kingston, Chris Brown, Linkin Park, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, etc.

what's the difference between pop and hip hop?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This is ignorant. What makes 90's music better? No one ever gives a clear answer. When I listen to Reasonable Doubt, Doggystyle, The Chronic, Enter the 36 Chambers... it doesn't compare well to GKMC, Take Care, 2014 FHD, Chance 3, etc.
Call someone ignorant then post one of the most ignorant opinions Ive ever seen on this site.
:dead:

Then again i Cant respect anyone who even listens to fagget ass drake and tries to rank him with the goats :scust:

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Hip-hop is more popular now than it was in the 90's. It isn't going anywhere.

J.Cole and Kendrick Lamar are better than Pac, Biggie, Jay, and Nas, because they're able to take lyricism and match them with melodic music they grew up listening to as well.
nikka hip hop as a whole isn't nearly as popular as it was in the 90s. And it damn sure isn't as big as it was in the early 00s. I can tell you're really young (probably a teenager) and don't get out much.

Apex

Banned
Daps
Call someone ignorant then post one of the most ignorant opinions Ive ever seen on this site.
:dead:

Then again i Cant respect anyone who even listens to fagget ass drake and tries to rank him with the goats :scust:
Drake speaks to our generation differently.

Apex

Banned
Daps
How so?

Drake isn't apart of your generation. That nikka is old enough to remember rotary phones.

I'd be willing to bet he's closer to my age than he is yours
That's not the point. The point is what rappers are prominent to a generation - the majority of them will be older than you.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
You likely say that from a nostalgic point of view. People who grew up on Cole/Kendrick could list many memorable songs.

I didn't grow up on the 90's. That's why I enjoy these artists more.

You speak as one who isn't mature enough to even appreciate quality of music and talent rather than the the time it was made
Bob Marley died before I was born, but I would never claim Damien Marley and Beenie Man made better music because they spoke to my generation.
I was born after The Jackson 5/Jacksons were making music, but I'd be embarrassed to see a quote of my kid/teenage self saying New Edition and Immature made better music because they spoke to my generation

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
That's not the point. The point is what rappers are prominent to a generation - the majority of them will be older than you.

Well explain your point better. How does he talk to your generation. More specifically go into detail abt how he relates to you better.