Old School vs New School beef is brewing

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
the bolded has always been a problem tho.

difference is, now theres no gatekeepers. the culture is dead and the suits have a complete stranglehold on the genre now to the point where all the lines are blurred. so now theyre getting passes. even their detractors are confused, thinking that these guys are the leaders of the new school.

and I don't even blame these young twerps. theyre just a product of the prior generations that failed them. theyre just now getting into the game. theyre not the ones who have been selling out for the past 20 years that got us to this point.
That's what I'm saying bro. It's been happening. I mean look at a nikka like Jay Z. Dude was a fukkin hip hop fan but for whatever reason tried to make like he was cooler than hip hop for years. That. "I'm not a rapper. I'm just a hustler that knows how to rap.." bullshyt. People really was lookin up to that bullshyt. Also the whole bullshyt "I don't write my rhymes.." Myth he created for himself. Next thing u know Wayne copied it. And then everyone else copied Wayne. Now u got nikkas literally rambling in the booth. And bragging about it like its dope. Jay def ain't the only one who is guilty of this shyt but I'm just making a clear example.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Good comparison :russ: only thing is, Miracle and Drama didn't have social media to garner 8+ million views on songs Lil Uzi Vert, Lil' Yatchy and a lot of those other trash artists right now. Those one hit wonder came and went guys of yesteryear didn't have the aid of that to have such a broad reach that dudes who SHOULD be one hit wonders today. Trash artists of today can very well have a massive impact unlike trash artists of the past.
Exactly.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That's what I'm saying bro. It's been happening. I mean look at a nikka like Jay Z. Dude was a fukkin hip hop fan but for whatever reason tried to make like he was cooler than hip hop for years. That. "I'm not a rapper. I'm just a hustler that knows how to rap.." bullshyt. People really was lookin up to that bullshyt. Also the whole bullshyt "I don't write my rhymes.." Myth he created for himself. Next thing u know Wayne copied it. And then everyone else copied Wayne. Now u got nikkas literally rambling in the booth. And bragging about it like its dope. Jay def ain't the only one who is guilty of this shyt but I'm just making a clear example.

yup

and behind closed doors, jay has done way worse than that.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The biggest rappers were Kanye, Wayne, and Drake (Drake even more-so because he had blown up and was on fire). I would listen to those three and just popular songs from artists like Jay Sean, Iyaz (that Replay record was big), Sean Kingston, Chris Brown, Linkin Park, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, etc.

:heh:

How old are you breh? 16?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I think a lot of these people get views because people just want to see what others are talking about, not because they actually are fans.

And a lot of them shyts are fake.

Another good point. Hell, I checked out Lil Yachty's stuff solely out of curiosity, and based on those songs I listened to, his production team is completely wasting their beat on him and his crew

Apex

Banned
Daps
U are a prime example of someone who should sit back and listen rather than run ur mouth cause u honestly have no idea what u been talking about thru out this whole thread. Literally so completely off base it's embarrassing. Had the nerve to say hip hop is more popular now than it was in the 90s. Some people just need to learn to listen and get the facts straight before u speak. It will save u a ton of embarrassment in the future no matter what subject ur discussing.
Vince Staples, Ebro, and Charlamagne all said this same exact point recently.

Apex

Banned
Daps
not theyre not.

those are niche rappers. theyre not the faces of the next gen. most of those guys aren't even the faces of the next gen of their respective cities. let alone hip-hop as a whole.

you think lil uzi vert ever had next in philly? he blew up off the hipster blogs & rap sites. the young faces of the city are dudes like Kur, P&B Rock, etc. people that rarely ever get talked about on here. another reason why rap is so messed up.

ive never heard of any of these hipster-drill dudes being tops in their local scenes.

HIP-HOP IS DEAD!!!!!

the thing is, most of the young rappers in question here are just niche rappers. theyre not spokesman for this new generation at all.

its like say if those rappers at the turn of the century like drama or miracle. guys that had jams that were kinda similar to some of these dudes. imagine if they started kickin that old school/new school talk.:laugh: the problem is, the lines are blurred now, so people can get away with pushing such propaganda.

lets be reality.

people in that early-mid 30s range & under, generally never gave a dam about rap history and carry on like rap started in the '90s. shoot, not even the whole '90s. you gotta go str8 to suge & puffy for a lot of people. even on this board. most of these '90s enthusiasts aren't really up on the '90s like that. and they draw complete blanks when the '80s & '70s are mentioned. rap history was never in style breh. its just a lot of people grew older and are now getting that rude-awakening of karma.

I know people in my age range that are probably in the studio RIGHT NOW that I literally tried but couldn't get them to listen to those albums that you mentioned.
Please give me a list of albums to listen to. I don't mind if it's huge. Also, do you mind listing albums outside of hip-hop as well?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I think for the most part there have been valid points on both sides with not too much over the top nonsense :yeshrug:

You have to remember who you just responded to, a known troll that usually scrolls past people's post just cause their fingers are on fire to type.