Old School vs New School beef is brewing

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
It work both ways

I'm old school and I understand today's music isn't on the 90s level and I stay in my lane but I respect a few of them, but I don't see it the other way outside of Kendrick and drake...

It's like black sitcoms in the 90s from Martin, the wayans, New York undercover, and others who honored people before them the black sitcoms after that didn't give a fukk about to the 90 sitcoms

Gravity

Banned
Daps
The main problem nowadays is that ya old stupid motherfukkas don't want to let go n then simuntaneously hog the lanes n try to dictate shyt for the young nikkas.

From the stupid corny fukks like Ebro n Elliot Wilson. Men in their late 40s rocking snap backs n sandals trying to tell us what's hot n what's not. To old ass rappers still trying to keep up with the youngins like Diddy n 50. Nobody trying to hear ya nikkas when we got thousands of ppl ranging from 18-25 who we can relate to more.

There's a reason why we respect ppl like Andre, Hov n Dre. N that's cause they put on for the next generation n give game while doing it.
You your dumb gay fukks don't listen to game. You're proof.

Apex

Banned
Daps
It work both ways

I'm old school and I understand today's music isn't on the 90s level and I stay in my lane but I respect a few of them, but I don't see it the other way outside of Kendrick and drake...

It's like black sitcoms in the 90s from Martin, the wayans, New York undercover, and others who honored people before them the black sitcoms after that didn't give a fukk about to the 90 sitcoms
This is ignorant. What makes 90's music better? No one ever gives a clear answer. When I listen to Reasonable Doubt, Doggystyle, The Chronic, Enter the 36 Chambers... it doesn't compare well to GKMC, Take Care, 2014 FHD, Chance 3, etc. They aren't as entertaining - not to mention the subject matter is more or less the same. 90's music is overrated.

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
This is ignorant. What makes 90's music better? No one ever gives a clear answer. When I listen to Reasonable Doubt, Doggystyle, The Chronic, Enter the 36 Chambers... it doesn't compare well to GKMC, Take Care, 2014 FHD, Chance 3, etc. They aren't as entertaining - not to mention the subject matter is more or less the same. 90's music is overrated.
Jesus Christo :martin:
GKMC is the only one you listed that can be within the same stratosphere of those legendary albums.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the only thing that matter to me is whether the rapper is good or bad. You can't put uzi or whatever in the same category as Kendrick.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
no its not...music is subjective..it aint even about eras..what if i just flat out dont fukk with Pac?..i gotta pay homage cause you told me to?

people fukk with what they fukk with

No one's saying you should pay homage or that you even should like it. As a fan of rap music or an artist yourself you should atleast be somewhat familiar with the legends and classics.

Rap music is black music and it's apart of of our culture. At the very least I hope you're familiar with and can name atleast 3 songs from aretha franklin, James brown, sam and dave, Prince, p funk, mary j blige, etc... I didn't grow up on them either but soul is soul.

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
I just found out dude was 31 today :russ:

I lost my shyt. I couldn't stop laughing. I thought dude was like 22. Then I thought about that odd future beef and that auto tune parody trap shyt he did a lil bit ago and was like dude needa shyt his old ass down.

That parody was taking shots at rappers his own age too

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Worst. Post. Ever.

You nailed that shyt tho,with ease.

Seem confident too. Congrats :mjlol:

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
You hit it right on the head!

These rappers, and just regular people, who don't even care what came before them are in for a big surprise when they have no ways of getting money because whites who are racist will take the shyt from them. If you don't know how, and why, you are doing what you are doing, best believe your enemy will take your shyt, and say they created it while getting rich off of it. WHEN WILL BLACK PEOPLE WAKE UP!

We already seeing it with RnB. The top ten rappers in 2026 wikl definitely be white :mjpls:

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
What's sad is he probably really believes it!

He thinks just because he sees more rappers on tv that its more popular, but he forgets that is only because its more avenues for them to be seen, doesn't mean the MUSIC is more popular.

Reading some of these comments helps me understand why blacks lost jazz, rock'n'roll, disco, some r&b, and now rap. The only difference is rap, and r&b, fell while blacks were still doing it, so in this case its no ones fault but US:mjcry:

I'm still surprised I saw a black genre get co-opted in my lifetime. Seriously thought RnB was too black in the 80s and 90s for that to happen :mjcry:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Young niqqas of today need to stop making corny shyt and write their own rhymes. The most successful rapper of today has 80 writers on his last album. Let that sink in....now you see why old heads don't respect y'all.

Kyle C. Barker

Daps

Maybe we just listen to rap differently. I place a higher value on stories, concepts, and rhyme schemes and I tend to see melodies as gimmicks. To each his own. They're plenty of ways to judge art

Also if you like gkmc (good album btw) then there's a good chance you may like the equinox by organized konfusion. Probably one of the better concept albums in hip hop. Be warned, there are no melodies on it.

And speaking of concept albums most mafioso rap albums were actually concept albums in the first place.