Old School vs New School beef is brewing

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
todays shyt is based off of energy...these young fukks just wanna party and i say let em...but classify that party bs as a new genre and not hiphop...thats all....

Apex

Banned
Daps
I'm still surprised I saw a black genre get co-opted in my lifetime. Seriously thought RnB was too black in the 80s and 90s for that to happen :mjcry:
Black people are still dominating R&B, aren't they? The biggest R&B artists are The Weeknd, Chris Brown, Miguel, Frank Ocean, and Bryson Tiller.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
This is the part where a coli breh tells me to search harder on soundcloud :troll:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still surprised I saw a black genre get co-opted in my lifetime. Seriously thought RnB was too black in the 80s and 90s for that to happen :mjcry:
I still can't believe it

I just don't know when this will stop

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This is ignorant. What makes 90's music better? No one ever gives a clear answer. When I listen to Reasonable Doubt, Doggystyle, The Chronic, Enter the 36 Chambers... it doesn't compare well to GKMC, Take Care, 2014 FHD, Chance 3, etc. They aren't as entertaining - not to mention the subject matter is more or less the same. 90's music is overrated.
my guess would be you don't even understand what hip hop is supposed to sound like. You've grown up on watered down shyt.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Hip-hop is more popular now than it was in the 90's. It isn't going anywhere.

J.Cole and Kendrick Lamar are better than Pac, Biggie, Jay, and Nas, because they're able to take lyricism and match them with melodic music they grew up listening to as well.
Lmao.We were told J.cole and kendrick were special.
Pac biggie and jay made us believe they were special.
There's a big difference
And talent wise the OG's totally eclipse them.

Biggie (whom has the smallest catalog) dropped more memorable songs during his 1st album's/jr mafia run than kendrick or j.cole have in their entire careers

Apex

Banned
Daps
Lmao.We were told J.cole and kendrick were special.
Pac biggie and jay made us believe they were special.
There's a big difference
And talent wise the OG's totally eclipse them.

Biggie (whom has the smallest catalog) dropped more memorable songs during his 1st album's/jr mafia run than kendrick or j.cole have in their entire careers
You likely say that from a nostalgic point of view. People who grew up on Cole/Kendrick could list many memorable songs.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
You likely say that from a nostalgic point of view. People who grew up on Cole/Kendrick could list many memorable songs.
How old are you?
I understand what you're trying to get at,but you're still wrong.
There's a reason i could say this about THEM and not someone like Drake.
Because drake is really making hits.
Them nikkas aint making hits like that

Apex

Banned
Daps
How old are you?
I understand what you're trying to get at,but you're still wrong.
There's a reason i could say this about THEM and not someone like Drake.
Because drake is really making hits.
Them nikkas aint making hits like that
I didn't grow up on the 90's. That's why I enjoy these artists more.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Makes sense that you would be more into them. Cause they're popping in your youth etc.
However,you said "J.Cole and Kendrick Lamar are better than Pac, Biggie, Jay, and Nas, because they're able to take lyricism and match them with melodic music they grew up listening to as well" which is absolute nonsense

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps

Personally what did you grow up listening to? Before high school....Before Drake, Kendrick, Cole. Are those the artists you started out with?