Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What makes True Detective different would you say from other police whodunits? Is it being more existential than the average?

Season 1 bit heavily off of Thomas Ligotti. Major parts of Rust's dialogue were paraphrased from, and/or inspired by his writings.

Not to mention the whole cosmic horror/cult angle.

They just need to do that again. :yeshrug:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Season 1 bit heavily off of Thomas Ligotti. Major parts of Rust's dialogue were paraphrased from, and/or inspired by his writings.

Not to mention the whole cosmic horror/cult angle.

They just need to do that again. :yeshrug:

Fred.

I'd be satisfied if they did a lil' 6 episode run based on Rust's exploits when he was working undercover as Crash.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'd be satisfied if they did a lil' 6 episode run based on Rust's exploits when he was working undercover as Crash.

Whatever they do, they need to bring back the spooky shyt.

There's a million cop shows out there, what set "True Detective" season 1 apart was The Yellow King, Carcosa, all that weird shyt.

I'm not saying go full horror but season 1 did a great job of making you wonder if it was just some crazy people doing everything or if there was actually some otherworldly shyt going on.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Whatever they do, they need to bring back the spooky shyt.

There's a million cop shows out there, what set "True Detective" season 1 apart was The Yellow King, Carcosa, all that weird shyt.

I'm not saying go full horror but season 1 did a great job of making you wonder if it was just some crazy people doing everything or if there was actually some otherworldly shyt going on.

Fred.

I agree on all points. That dark, atmospheric shyt. Season 3 ALMOST had da same atmospheric tone. They definitely need to bring back that spooky, macabre, foreboding shyt. Season 1 was very nihilistic.