Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Rewatched S1 for the 4th time.

Truly is 10/10.

Gets better and better with each watch. As I evolve through the years, the show evolves with each revisit.

Word. I feel da same way. shyt just gets better with each watch and they haven't been able to top it. At this point, I'll take a spin off based on da adventures of Rust when he was workin' as Crash as a narc. 5 episodes worth will do.

kareem929

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NJ/NC
There's a feeling consistent in all three seasons of an overwhelming, hidden evil that can't be stopped. The protagonists can unravel a case layer by layer and only solve one part of the puzzle in the end. The ultimate realization that there's so much more corruption, lies, and evil beyond that can't be stopped is very real. The evil's out there, and will always be out there.

Walking a thin line teasing supernatural elements throughout the season while ultimately staying grounded in the end. I feel like other shows would've blown their load early with the Yellow King occultism.

The weight of the case being bigger than ever before seen, and you'd get this sense when you start seeing protagonists go to lengths a typical detective would never go to.

The settings of Louisiana, LA, and Arkansas Ozarks are just as big of characters as the rest of the cast. Those aerial sky shots in the first season did a great job of reminding the audience that Rust and Marty, as interesting of characters they are, are still two little fish in a big ocean.

At least to me, those are some elements that pop out that separate it from the ordinary procedural cop show.

Great explanation!:ehh:

This show also could be even crazier if they revisit the same season from a different characters perspective. I remember they contemplated doing sequels to Cloverfield from the point of view of others in the city.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
May have to peep Tigers Are Not Afraid sometime this weekend. If Issa got Jenkins’ approval to helm the thing then I’m with it. Curious to see how they tackle the Arctic.

Apparently there’s a rumor going around that Jodie Foster is one of the leads.

Last edited: