Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Superstar
Daps
...her upcoming Season 5 will be another extension of his creative legacy.

So my whole message was, this is happening in the same world. The events that happened in the first season happened in the world of my ‘True Detective.’ It’s a continuation of the atmosphere and the feelings and the themes that were explored in the first season. That’s what I want to do with the next one.”

López confirmed that her work on Season 5 has forced her to put her film career on the back burner, but she explained that her love of the “True Detective” universe made the opportunity worth the sacrifice.

“I have a movie that I stopped — and it is greenlit! — to make ‘Night Country.’ And the plan was to finish ‘Night Country’ and make the movie,” she said. “But what happened is HBO wanted Season 5, so I’m working on that and the movie is waiting for me. I miss cinema, but I love this universe. So I’m going to stay for one more iteration.” @Basaglia

:wow:
The amount of sheer ANGER when the eventual trailer for “True Detective: more night, more country” drops….

Daps
And the plan was to finish ‘Night Country’ and make the movie,” she said. “But what happened is HBO wanted Season 5, so I’m working on that and the movie is waiting for me. I miss cinema, but I love this universe. So I’m going to stay for one more iteration
Translation HBO will have to pay me $$$$$$