Official One Night In Miami Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It was a good flick I think the cinematography could have been better and it dragged a bit. I think the actors did their thing. I hate nikkas always gotta bring up Denzel. To me Denzel was playing Denzel playing Malcolm. It was his usual godly orating but he don’t even look like Malcolm. The G.O.A.T. Malcolm is Nigel Thatcher from Godfather of Harlem and dude in this did a good job.

Also, nikkas need to stop acting like they knew any of these people personally to know how they would react to shyt enjoy that damn movie. :mjlol:

Also, how was Farrakhan a “lil homie” when he was the minister in Boston, Malcolm’s city and came up under him. After Malcolm was assassinated he took his positions so how was he a “lil homie”. None of u was around in the 50’s and 60’s stop it. Ppl love pointing out plot holes that don’t exist.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
There is a documentary on Prime Video about Sam Cooke that is made with his family

shyt lays out how Allen Kline stole his publishing and still to this day making money off Sam's work

Regina King need her ass kicked for this movie
shyt produced by the family of the man that stole from Sam Cooke and had him killed:scust:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Watching it twice

Movie was really good. More dialogue than I would’ve thought (most of it took place in a hotel room) but it wss good even if it was a lot of fiction

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just started watching it and I was cracking up when Jim Brown realized that no girls were invited " I thought I was gonna get some p*ssy....":mjcry:
It was kinda messed up

Malcolm really set them up to talk than to celebrate... I guess it was needed but thats kinda shady.

but i guess he figured it was the only way to get them alone and tell them what's really on his mind... leaving NOI.

ANd then the criticism he gave Sam Cooke because Cooke wanted to open doors a different way... in which he did

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
There is a documentary on Prime Video about Sam Cooke that is made with his family

shyt lays out how Allen Kline stole his publishing and still to this day making money off Sam's work

Regina King need her ass kicked for this movie
shyt produced by the family of the man that stole from Sam Cooke and had him killed:scust:

Klein stole Sam's work from right under his nose.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It's wild how the agenda just blew by so many in this movie:mjlol:

Hypocritical ass Christians trying to shyt on Islam :mjlol:
The dialog :mjlol:

fukk the producers of this shyt
Malcolm X playing a fukking Bob Dylan song to influence Sam Cooke to make a conscious song. :mjlol:
Breh as soon as that scene happened the movie became phony af. :russ:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I thought it was okay. Not the biggest fan of movies adapted from stage plays for some reason. Its hard to put it in words....I guess they seem confined if that makes any sense.

The philosophical debate between Malcolm and Sam Cooke was interesting. If Malcolm did influence Cooke to make more conscious songs than I love Malcolm even more because A Change’s gone Come is my favorite song of all time.

The guy playing the minister was good, but nobody will ever eclipse Denzel’s performance. X is a top 3 movie for me and sometimes when I think of Malcolm The Man, it’s Danzel’s character that pops in my mind when I think back on some of the quotes and speeches that we Malcolm is remembered. Like The House nikka vs Field Negro or Chickens Coming Home to Roost quotes. :heh:

Nigel Thatch is giving Denzel a run for his money playing the role in Godfather of Harlem.