Official One Night In Miami Thread

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Spirited but totally false.

The only problem ali had with malcom is when malcom accused Elijah Muhammad of sexual activities with multiple women and getting them pregnant.....had nothing to do with being misled
Nope. Ali hated on Malcolm the minute he left. Thats public knowledge breh.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Allen Klein's son is involved in producing this travesty of a movie.

Horribly inaccurate movie, fictional beyond belief.

I'll leave it at that and keep it moving.
It wasn't that bad. The Cook family should have long sued these cacs for their masters. This is what ADOS needs to be focused on honestly.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There is a documentary on Prime Video about Sam Cooke that is made with his family

shyt lays out how Allen Kline stole his publishing and still to this day making money off Sam's work

Regina King need her ass kicked for this movie
shyt produced by the family of the man that stole from Sam Cooke and had him killed:scust:
Aint no production houses filled with saints idiot. Get outta ya feelings with this crap.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It was kinda messed up

Malcolm really set them up to talk than to celebrate... I guess it was needed but thats kinda shady.

but i guess he figured it was the only way to get them alone and tell them what's really on his mind... leaving NOI.

ANd then the criticism he gave Sam Cooke because Cooke wanted to open doors a different way... in which he did
Id be pissed too if i was Jim Brown, but you have to remember that this was in the segregated miami, so blacks couldn't move around freely, especially at night. Malcolm was protecting them and letting them know what is coming.

Very deep movie. Makes me so sad thinking about Malcolm's struggles. Its like he knew he was fighting a losing battle tryna save black folk. The greats only want to party, his "bros' selling him out to white folk, his religious "leader" got more side chicks than books, and everything at this point was falling apart.

Sadly, damn near everything he predicted back then came to fruition. Chicago is a war zone and blacks have literally regressed in all categories since the 60's. Its sad and sobering honestly.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Finally saw it. Pretty good, but having it take place in the hotel room for 85% of the movie is a bit of a missed opportunity. They drive home the points they wanted to drive in this way, but I'm sure there were other times these 4 were together.

Anybody saying Malcolm got sonned in this movie I disagree with. He ethered the shyt out of Sam with the Bon Dylan song. :lolbron:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Great movie. I've watched it like 5x already. Regina did the damn thang in the directors chair as well. Yall dudes complaining about the facts and shyt about this movie do know this is a fictional telling of that night right? nikkas stay in they feelings about the dumbest shyt i swear. All parties were represented respectfully and thats all u can ask. The message was still there and still came across lovely. Shame nikkas cant seem to enjoy anything nowadays.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright hear me out fellas and open your mind a bit..

"One Night In Miami" - Why wasn't this a comedy? Seriously this should've been "The Hangover" meets "Malcolm X". Flip the script! Us black folks enjoy a good laugh once in a while right? Does everything have to be serious all the time? And I say this because it was damn near set up for this to happen once the fight was over with. Clay was talkin' big shyt, Cooke whipped out the flask, and they all was in the hotel room on some "so what's next" shyt. Those four guys should've had a night on the town with all kinds of mishaps and hijinks happening. Malcolm loosens his tie takes a break from the NOI and Betty, Clay is drunk with his championship belt on talking big shyt in a club, Cooke is doin' lines and spittin at dimes, and Jim Brown is tryin to bend over 2-3 broads at a time in taxi. I wouldn't see it as diminishing who they are, their legacies, and the work they done. Seeing them rip each other to shreds in that hotel room -and really for no reason at all/just to pass time- was excruciating and completely unnecessary. It was good but at the same time wasted potential. Regina should've swung for the fences:yeshrug:
I need the rick & Morty portal gun to go to the universe where they made this :wow:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the movie a lot. Excellent performances all around.

I knew this thread would be full of ridiculous criticism. Y'all know this is fictional right?

Malcolm X playing a fukking Bob Dylan song to influence Sam Cooke to make a conscious song. :mjlol:
Breh as soon as that scene happened the movie became phony af. :russ:

The Bob Dylan part was based on facts.

But a new challenge appeared: trying to come up with a new piece in reaction to Dylan’s song.

Cooke’s biographer Peter Gulnarick made it very clear: the singer loved it, but there was something off. Such a profound piece of work should have been written by a person of color; Cooke was nearly ashamed for not having written it himself.

Nonetheless, the musician quickly adopted it into his repertoire.

In 1963, Cooke faced a hard reminder of the times, having been turned away by a hotel in Shreveport, Louisiana. In the end, it didn’t matter that he was one of the most successful musicians in America: no amount of fame could change the cold facts of segregation and racism.

After being arrested for disturbing the peace, Cooke set his mind on a new artistic goal. A couple of months after the incident, “A Change is Gonna Come” was written, and became part of Ain’t That Good News, Cooke’s thirteenth and final album.