Official One Night In Miami Thread

Splakavellie504

Superstar
Daps
Too many fukking cacs in blackface in this thread. Movie was fukking great 10/10. Very powerful dialogue. Regina King and all four guys did a damn great job. Any man that hate on this film is a bytch.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The actor playing Ali gave a great performance. The actor playing Malcolm, seemed like Obama was doing an impersonation of Malcolm. Jim Brown and Sam Cooke's character was ok.

I'd give this 7.5/10. Good movie. The different perspectives in how Black people participated in the movement and what was considered as contributing was interesting. Also, Malcolm's portrayal of how he wanted celebrities in the movement to step up is also interesting as Malcolm is known to tell James Baldwin that he finds it "odd" that Black people have entertainers as civil rights activists and leaders.
EXACTLY. I got this EXACT same vibe. I really DESPISED this honestly, because anyone that knows Malcolm was that he was so ANTI-OBAMA's weak ass its not even funny. The Dude that played malcolm nearly ruined the film for me. I did like his performance toward the end though. Regina should have fixed that shyt though.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I agree the actor who played Ali did a damn good job. Someone needs to do something on Sam Cooke. I don't have issues with the screenplay for the movie. But IRL I would have hard time seeing Malcolm snap and cuss at them. But I was impressed and for Regina.

FACTS. Sam Cooke's life was so fukking amazing. Probably the greatest singer to ever live and very handsome too (no homo). I actually watched a dope documentary on him right after.

Amazing talent.

OVerall, this movies just shows how far black people have fallen off. Imagine if our leaders and entertainers were on point like these cats. SMH

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
shyt trash.

They just new nikka’d 4 Black American male icons that can’t speak for themselves anymore.

“Sam Cooke” talks shyt about Elijah Muhammad in “Malcolm’s” face, talking bout he ain’t do nothing about the pimps and pushers in Chicago (which is complete bullshyt) and “Malcolm” responds by playing a fukkin Bob Dylan song.

fukk outta here with this bullshyt.

Thinly veiled NOI hit piece, from that bullshyt convo between “Malcolm and Betty” about Farrakhan, to FOI actually letting “Jim Brown”put his hands on Malcolm.

Absolutely ridiculous.
THE NOI literally destroyed black folk and conspired with the FBI/CIA to KILL MALCOLM. We all know you aren't too bright, but even a dumbass like yourself should know this by now. Chicago is in fukking disarray partly due to the NOI and its fukkery. From corruption, gang activity, extortion, drug sales, and all the other foul activities they're involved in. If those c00ns didn't kill Malcolm and allowed him to form his new Muslim organizations, blacks could have achieved SO MUCH.

Stop defending those fukkers. They've failed themselves and the black race.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sam Cooked was dipicted very incorrectly

Watch his Netflix special and it's night and day from how he was portrayed in this movie

Regina King needs her ass kicked
The last line was a bit much, but Sam Cooke was way more thorough than he was portrayed. But Sam did love those white women and was trying WAY too hard for mainstream acceptance. Should have just stuck with the sisters and he might still have been alive today.