Official One Night In Miami Thread

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Finally saw it. Pretty good, but having it take place in the hotel room for 85% of the movie is a bit of a missed opportunity. They drive home the points they wanted to drive in this way, but I'm sure there were other times these 4 were together.

Anybody saying Malcolm got sonned in this movie I disagree with. He ethered the shyt out of Sam with the Bon Dylan song. :lolbron:
It’s based on a play. Lots of plays usually take place in one location for the majority.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I enjoyed the movie a lot. Excellent performances all around.

I knew this thread would be full of ridiculous criticism. Y'all know this is fictional right?

The Bob Dylan part was based on facts.
I said it was phony that MALCOLM played Sam Cooke the Bob Dylan song. The movie is based of a true event nobody really knows the full details about that night. that was just one of the elements i felt was phony.

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I said it was phony that MALCOLM played Sam Cooke the Bob Dylan song. The movie is based of a true event nobody really knows the full details about the details they put in the movie too me were phony that being one of them.
Exactly. Tryna to use a white man’s music to act as a standard goal to aspire too. fukking crazy

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
its basically word for word from the play and staged like one. You dense breh. Your complaint is how most movies from plays are. Just like the dialogue in fences.

If I wanted to watch a play then I would go watch a play.

I wanted to watch a movie and I watched one that I didn't think was that good.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
If I wanted to watch a play then I would go watch a play.

I wanted to watch a movie and I watched one that I didn't think was that good.
Cool. Next time research the movie first. Dont watch ma rainey's black bottom either for instance. It was made from a play and its staged just like one.

• Dap
Reactions: Dad

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Cool. Next time research the movie first. Dont watch ma rainey's black bottom either for instance. It was made from a play and its staged just like one.

I watched Ma Rainey and thought it was great. Just like I watched Fences and thought it was great.

I've never seen the Ma Rainey play and never seen the current Fences with Denzel and Viola.

You finger pointing "don't appreciate art" nikkas makes my fukkin head hurt. Get offended so fukkin easy. If a nikka don't like something then they don't like it.

And that's no diss to Hodge, Kingsley, and especially Regina King who I have the utmost respect for, considering what she's done for her career the last 4 years. But I just didn't think it was that good.