Official EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2 Thread

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
EA Sports MMA got decent reviews but sold like shyt and then UFC 1 was a dud as well, so i don't get why they continue to put this over FN since FN is a guaranteed seller.

the first one came out early in this gens lifecycle and was bare as fukk in every aspect. I think EA is giving them another shot. Plus like someone said earlier it's cheaper to develop. They don't have to negotiate with promoters and individual boxers like mayweather. UFC fighters don't even get paid for their like ness in the game like WWE. Easy money

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
the first one came out early in this gens lifecycle and was bare as fukk in every aspect. I think EA is giving them another shot. Plus like someone said earlier it's cheaper to develop. They don't have to negotiate with promoters and individual boxers like mayweather. UFC fighters don't even get paid for their like ness in the game like WWE. Easy money
They don't have to negotiate with boxing promoters... Its just the fighters they negotiate with and anyone else who may have their likeness rights...I remember with Tyson some other video game publisher had his likeness rights which is why EA couldn't use him in FN till round 4...

With UFC they just have to negotiate with White...So yes from that standpoint it makes sense to stick with UFC...but the product isn't making any money...FN never had that problem nor did Knockout Kings...

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The 1st EA UFC game sold that poorly?

I know it wasn't a major hit, but it had to at least have done decently, for them to be doing another game. The Tyson connection makes some sense, just because he is a fan of the sport and Dana White is a big fan of his.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
What did someone from EA say "y'all know that we gave Tyson a big ass deal to sign with is so we can put him in Fight Night...why aren't we using him" and someone just said "fukk it, we will put him in UFC".

Hopefully this is a sign that they're testing their new fighting schemes, or may just want to see what their character models will look like and that their prepping the next Fight Night

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The 1st EA UFC game sold that poorly?

I know it wasn't a major hit, but it had to at least have done decently, for them to be doing another game. The Tyson connection makes some sense, just because he is a fan of the sport and Dana White is a big fan of his.
Yes especially compared to FNC...

FNC outsold UFC 1 by nearly double...

It's also worth noting that UFC game had an advantage on the market because at the time of its release it was like one of five true "next gen" games on the market...That's why I purchased it when I got my PS4...Played it maybe twice before I never touched it again...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yes especially compared to FNC...

FNC outsold UFC 1 by nearly double...

It's also worth noting that UFC game had an advantage on the market because at the time of its release it was like one of five true "next gen" games on the market...That's why I purchased it when I got my PS4...Played it maybe twice before I never touched it again...
I bought that shyt for like $9 and still feel ripped off :dead:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Rampage Jackson had a stream of the beta on his twitch stream. You could see the archive on there. I think it's called rampage4real or something like that

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
finally someone else around here remembers the greatness of VB
:francis:

Just can't get into MMA games like I did with Knockout Kings, Knockout Kings 2001, Fight Night RD4, or Victorious Boxers (:banderas:)

http://www.thecoli.com/search/3622009/?q=victorious+boxers&o=date&c[user][0]=3805

I've been with the piff breh. I play the Japanese version of VB2, got the ISO working with my PS3 through Open PS2 Loader. This VB2 is the one with the god-tier career mode.