Official Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is this worth getting on next gen or stay far away?
Honestly I'd say stay away. For all the problems I think Modern Warfare has it at least the gunplay and movement are excellent in it, but both are trash in Cold War ( I'm talking bottom tier ) and as far as I'm concerned, those are fatal flaws for a shooter to have. The visuals are pretty mediocre too; I'm playing on the PS5 and yeah the extra fidelity and ray tracing is nice to have, but there's still an ugly ass pig underneath that shyt. Imma play the campaign then drop Cold War for good, Modern Warfare can get me by for another year.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are the negative comments relegated to MP or is the campaign blehhh too?

Silent_H

Banned
Daps
Honestly I'd say stay away. For all the problems I think Modern Warfare has it at least the gunplay and movement are excellent in it, but both are trash in Cold War ( I'm talking bottom tier ) and as far as I'm concerned, those are fatal flaws for a shooter to have. The visuals are pretty mediocre too; I'm playing on the PS5 and yeah the extra fidelity and ray tracing is nice to have, but there's still an ugly ass pig underneath that shyt. Imma play the campaign then drop Cold War for good, Modern Warfare can get me by for another year.
That's what has me conflicted. Modern Warfare's got a solid amount of life left in it, but at the same time, COD's like the fifa of FPS, so it's understandable why they would want to keep doing yearly releases.

Seeing how Activision has three studios working in games at a given time (IW, Sledgehammer, and Treyarch) they certainly have the manpower to dominate the market, in comparison to EA and Dice, the latter who were stretched thin between Battlefield V and Battlefront II duties.

Was it a good idea to release Black Ops this year? I mean, Warzone for MW is still going to be supported, so the incentive to get Black Ops isn't really there if you can still use Black Ops weapons. Sure you got multi-player, but it's basically still a modern shooter. Which just leaves campaign (most people skip anyways) and zombies mode. I think MW and the fact that Warzone will be shared between MW and BO might end up splitting the user base.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
damn that’s kind of important to me...modern warfare was super intense and as cliche as it sounds at times you really felt like you were in the middle of a firefight

Breh, you ain't never lied. I been replaying the campaign on Realism and put the volume on my TV up and at times the game has me jumping lol Even though I already know what's about to happen. The sound is great!

This game is cool, MW is a more polished game in terms of looks, but BO is a lil more fast paced. Maps are cool, I'm trying to get used to newer ones that weren't in the beta.
The wife wants to watch TV now, so I'll watch with her and play damn near all night when she go upstairs lol...

I played mostly campaign so far, wanna beat that and see however many endings there are. I tried multiplayer, hardcore only of course, played 2 rounds and let her do her thing.
I think I'ma play multiplayer tonight, get back into campaign later this weekend. Don't wanna fall too far behind these "sweaty" types lol...

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Wait...so they are using the same warzone map from MW for there battle royale?!?