Official Baywatch Movie Thread 5/26/17 (Trailer Added)

Spyro

Banned
Daps
Adding onto the above, I'd love if like Michael Bay made a new film but attached someone like Martin Scorseese's name to it, say Pain and Gain for example (brilliant movie), kinda like a pseudonym for writers... people still think Pain and Gain gets 40% and most people trash it? :comeon:

So many great movies out there by so called bad directors, and so many terrible ones by so called good directors. All I've heard if the new Alien movie is trash yet it's sitting on 71%, take away Ridley Scott's name and put Raja Gosnell or someone instead and ya'll think it gets 71%? :stopitslime:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Adding onto the above, I'd love if like Michael Bay made a new film but attached someone like Martin Scorseese's name to it, say Pain and Gain for example (brilliant movie), kinda like a pseudonym for writers... people still think Pain and Gain gets 40% and most people trash it? :comeon:

So many great movies out there by so called bad directors, and so many terrible ones by so called good directors. All I've heard if the new Alien movie is trash yet it's sitting on 71%, take away Ridley Scott's name and put Raja Gosnell or someone instead and ya'll think it gets 71%? :stopitslime:
If the force awakens was just called what it is from the beginning, a remake of a new hope,that film would have received a massive backlash from fans and critics from day 1.:sas2:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
All I've heard if the new Alien movie is trash yet it's sitting on 71%, take away Ridley Scott's name and put Raja Gosnell or someone instead and ya'll think it gets 71%? :stopitslime:
I think it would. Life is sitting at 68% and it's damn similar.

And Pain and Gain might not be a good example either, as that film divided audiences as well as critics. Usually the audience score for a Michael Bay movie will be higher or in line with critics, but the audience score for Pain and Gain was the lowest of Bay's career...in fact they liked it even less than critics did. That was just a divisive movie in general, and I don't think the exact same film, frame for frame, with Scorsese's name on it would have suddenly made everyone like it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think Michael bay has a very,very distinct style that it's easily recognized. You know when you're watching his films.

At least his newer ones. Think bad boys 1 compared to bad boys 2.

Spyro

Banned
Daps
I think it would. Life is sitting at 68% and it's damn similar.

And Pain and Gain might not be a good example either, as that film divided audiences as well as critics. Usually the audience score for a Michael Bay movie will be higher or in line with critics, but the audience score for Pain and Gain was the lowest of Bay's career...in fact they liked it even less than critics did. That was just a divisive movie in general, and I don't think the exact same film, frame for frame, with Scorsese's name on it would have suddenly made everyone like it.

Wolf of Wall Street (which I loved) which divided critics and attracted a lot of controversy, still has 77%. I bet if MS did Pain and Gain it'd have something similar to Wolf and Shutter Island, like 65-75%. Reviews would be like "Not one of Martin's best films, but still an entertaining one", "It might be one of Scorsese's weakest films but it still offers enough to entertain." etc etc.

Fans are no different, they see a director's name and instantly shyt on or in case of some directors praise it till sunlight. I mean some of Spielberg's recent efforts are trash yet still get high ratings, War Horse, that movie sucked :mjlol:

Oh and that Life film, I get what your saying but it's not by some universally hated director, just some unknown who is relatively new :yeshrug:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
How did that piece of trash Prometheus get 72%? :mjlol:

I think someone should make a thread about rotten tomatoes and what films they highly disagree with whether it's too high or too low :ehh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How did that piece of trash Prometheus get 72%? :mjlol:

I think someone should make a thread about rotten tomatoes and what films they highly disagree with whether it's too high or too low :ehh:

The problem is that Rotten Tomatoes isn't the reviewing site, it just summarizes all the reviews out there.

My thing is that RT should start being a little more selective of the sites it includes to help get the score.

Spyro

Banned
Daps
All "fans" care about is numbers

Rock hasn't starred in anything good since Gridiron Gang

Get Smart, Faster, Pain and Gain, Hercules, Central Intelligence, Moana, the 4 F and F movies etc etc

:camby:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Get Smart, Faster, Pain and Gain, Hercules, Central Intelligence, Moana, the 4 F and F movies etc etc

:camby:
Can't start no fire with all this lukewarm material.

And I ain't worried about his wallet so try another angle

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shyt was hilarious and i was drunk as fukk. Critics are fukkin pussies. To be honest i think this movie was hated so much because only 20% of the population are as in great shape as the cast. Baywatch was just a cac eye candy show so the movie is more of the same but the overweight crowd getting fatter this weekend will hate anything that makes them look heavier

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
It wasn't as bad as critics made it seem, it was too long tho. They should have made it an hour 46 min movie. And things were cheesy, but it made sense since it was baywatch. Other than that it was legit laughs in the movie.