Official Baywatch Movie Thread 5/26/17 (Trailer Added)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Because critics shytting on films to ride waves nowadays because the internet vibes on hate. I used to take them seriously, but stopped a handful of years ago when they pretend to be kingmakers. They're worst than folks on Yelp. They like to pretend they hate fun dumb movies, but will slop up a fast & furious movie without a second thought (I love the FF series btw and I'm probably gonna have a few drinks and go watch this shyt too)
Agreed. :ehh:

People put too much stock in sites like RT and metacritic. I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing it,but people act like they aren't regular people that can't be wrong,caught up in hype,have a bias or an agenda etc

Sometimes a movie getting amazing reviews will make me interested in at least checking out said film to see what's good but something getting bad reviews ain't gonna put me off :manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
should have jus tbrought back the old gang :scust:

hobie would have grossed this much :scust:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Because critics shytting on films to ride waves nowadays because the internet vibes on hate. I used to take them seriously, but stopped a handful of years ago when they pretend to be kingmakers. They're worst than folks on Yelp. They like to pretend they hate fun dumb movies, but will slop up a fast & furious movie without a second thought (I love the FF series btw and I'm probably gonna have a few drinks and go watch this shyt too)

:russ: @ posting this in a goddamn Baywatch thread

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Can yall believe this shyt?

Baywatch (2017) - Parents Guide

I wonder how many critics were mad just cause they got this.

"Full frontal male genital nudity: - "The scene shows Mitch playing a terrible prank on poor Matt when he tells him to check a dead man's naked body for evidence of a crime. The running joke has Efron handling the corpse's penis and scrotum and even lifting the organs up and out of the way so he can examine the skin area underneath"

Male rear buttock nudity on several occasions.

There are also many male characters topless with nipples exposed in swim shorts showing developed upper torsos with rippling muscles.

Although all of the nudity is male and while there is no female nudity of any kind, many female characters are in bikini's. There are a few instances where covered female breasts are shown bouncing. Cleavage is also present throughout."

Last edited:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Why would i watch this gay shyt. I already heard zack had to fuk Hollywood dudes to get on since his high school musical days

Spyro

Banned
Daps
B+ on cinemascore :sas1:

Alien Covenant has 71% but only got a B :sas2:

Critics huh? :sas1:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
It was cool....more entertaining than it had right to be.

the cadaver scene..way too fukking much :francis:
B+ on cinemascore :sas1:

Alien Covenant has 71% but only got a B :sas2:

Critics huh? :sas1:

People put too much stock in sites like RT and metacritic. I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing it,but people act like they aren't regular people that can't be wrong,caught up in hype,have a bias or an agenda etc

Sometimes a movie getting amazing reviews will make me interested in at least checking out said film to see what's good but something getting bad reviews ain't gonna put me off :manny:
This is getting brutalized by reviews. Fantastic four levels.

7% currently on RT.

For whatever that's worth :hubie:

Makes me want to see it more for some reason :lolbron:

Yeahhhhh imma go see it. I hope it's one of the bad movies that are so bad that they're funny.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

There's something else to it tho. People want to be in or be down. So if everyone is saying this is shyt then people feel pressured to agree whereas if something is universally praised people feel pressure to agree as well. And I feel like that's human nature to want to be a part of something and be a part of the hive for better or worse

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm going to see it (probably tonight actually) but I was hoping this would be a 21 Jump Street type of comedy, raw and raunchy and fun and self aware of what it is.

Appears as if it doesn't do a good job of being any of those things.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
There's something else to it tho. People want to be in or be down. So if everyone is saying this is shyt then people feel pressured to agree whereas if something is universally praised people feel pressure to agree as well. And I feel like that's human nature to want to be a part of something and be a part of the hive for better or worse
It sounds weird but I've always wanted to somehow do a case study on human behaviour about this kind of thing i just have no idea how it could be done.

Like take 2 groups of people,have them separated. Tell 1 group of people only negative news about some big upcoming film and then show them horrible reviews.

Take the 2nd group and do the opposite.

Then show each one the film and poll there opinions. :lupe:

I bet group 1 will hate the film and group 2 will like it. For the most part. :jbhmm: even though it's the same film.

I don't know what value that study would have on society but :lolbron:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
It sounds weird but I've always wanted to somehow do a case study on human behaviour about this kind of thing i just have no idea how it could be done.

Like take 2 groups of people,have them separated. Tell 1 group of people only negative news about some big upcoming film and then show them horrible reviews.

Take the 2nd group and do the opposite.

Then show each one the film and poll there opinions. :lupe:

I bet group 1 will hate the film and group 2 will like it. For the most part. :jbhmm: even though it's the same film.

I don't know what value that study would have on society but :lolbron:

It'd be an interesting study, end of the day all film fans are split into 3 groups. Some are sheep who will purposely jump on the bandwagon, some are hipsters who will purposely go against the majority; and some will just like whatever the hell they like (like me) :yeshrug: