[Official] Apple announces streaming event for October 18, 2021. 10am PDT/ 1 pm EST

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cancelled the order for my 14 inch and went with the base model 16 inch instead. I saw the 14 inch in Best Buy today and decided I wanted a bigger screen. It will be a nice change coming from my 13 inch.
I traded in the 2019 16” for the 2021 14”

I travel too much to be lugging the 16 around I hated that

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Can’t believe they didn’t put 1 USB-A port on this. Since they went all out with the others. I don’t see the industry making the transition to USB-C anytime soon if the last few years couldn’t get them to move on it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can’t believe they didn’t put 1 USB-A port on this. Since they went all out with the others. I don’t see the industry making the transition to USB-C anytime soon if the last few years couldn’t get them to move on it.

In the last 3 years I’ve acquired 3 cameras, 2 drones, several SSDs and countless other peripherals and they all are type C.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Apple doesn’t give a fukk about anything they deem last generation or “old” once they realized that people will buy the devices regardless.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I’m just glad they brought back the other ports.

It’s funny reading reviews/impressions from people happy about MagSafe/SD/HDMI slots/function row returning when I’ve already been using all that on my 2013 MBPr :dead:

It feels good to be making somewhat of a lateral move from that. Just means I definitely upgraded at the appropriate time. USB-A would’ve been nice but I get why they left it off.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I dunno. USB-C seems to be the new standard. they are putting it in newer cars, its on PS5, its on my windows work laptop and my MBP.

the ONLY time I use USB-A is when I'm in my car, but my car is a 2015 though, so I wouldn't expect it to have USB-C.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I dunno. USB-C seems to be the new standard. they are putting it in newer cars, its on PS5, its on my windows work laptop and my MBP.

the ONLY time I use USB-A is when I'm in my car, but my car is a 2015 though, so I wouldn't expect it to have USB-C.
Yeah I don’t use usb a at all anymore
Nothing I have uses it anymore

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
How can I play downloaded music? I cant find any media player to play music ai download straight to the iphone.

Also what's the best winrar alternative?

And how can I transfer music files on my imac to iphone? I plug my phone up & nothing happens

:wtb:

you have to do that thru the finder app. you cannot do it thru the music app anymore. its super easy tho.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
so my laptop FINALLY came today. haven't gotten a chance to use it cuz its still migrating all my data from the old MBP..

I'm bout to contact apple after that's done and see if they can replace my battery on the old laptop for the low, cuz I'm not paying $300 for that shyt.

if not, I'm still gonna sell this old joint anyways. Should be able to get like $500 or so.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
finally got it set up......:banderas: yall was totally right about the new display being so much better. also my old computer had the :trash: butterfly keyboard, and typing on this shyt is a pleasure now.

and finally, NOT being able to plug in more than one device besides the charger :ohlawd: I been missing that feature cuz my old MBP only had 2 ports. also, the sound is also improved, but the other MBP had good sound also, so I can't complain there.

migration assistant was a breeze and had me set up within 3 hours.