[Official] Apple announces streaming event for October 18, 2021. 10am PDT/ 1 pm EST

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I saw one of the local Apple stores had the silver 16 inch MBP with the same specs as the 14 inch I ordered, so I ended up ordering that for pickup and cancelled the 14 inch order.

I'm glad I changed my mind. I wanted to switch it up and get something more portable, but seeing the reviews convinced me I'd be happier with the 16 inch. And while I've been team space gray since 2016, the contrast of the keyboard with the silver MBP body is:banderas:

The display looks amazing, it runs cool, the fans haven't even turned on yet (where as they would've been on the whole time if I were setting up an Intel machine), and Xcode's been smooth as hell. I'd have zero complaints if Safari's refresh rates weren't capped at 60Hz :aicmon:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m glad I switched from the 14” to 16”. I would’ve been regretting it otherwise. If y’all can afford it, treat yourselves. It’s not like you buy it every year. Don’t listen to anyone talking about it weighs too much :wrist:

The trackpad, the screen, the keyboard, the speakers. Yeah this was worth waiting 8 years to upgrade. :whew:

BTW, if you ordered online and the delivery is far out, I would just cancel and buy it in-store. They got a lot in stock. Unless you did a custom config

Have a 16. The screen size is great but it is heavy. Anyways I was thinking of trading it in or selling it and getting the new joint. My 16 is underpowered and I use it for work so I need it. I was thinking of going for the 14 inch but you got me thinking now.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How are y’all getting these already? I’m seeing delivery times of late Nov early Dec in Canada. :scust:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How are y’all getting these already? I’m seeing delivery times of late Nov early Dec in Canada. :scust:
You should be able to pick it up in-store. Order it online with the education discount for in-store pickup. Unless Canada won’t let you do that?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

apple gave me an initial arrival date of nov 5-10. now its showing as nov 4, but UPS tracking number shows as nov 2.

also, I dunno about buying in store simply because of all the different configurations available right now.

edit, I just checked. the base models are available for in store pickup today here.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I’m way out of the loop but :snoop: at Apple not including the extension cord now. Wish I would have known so I could order one with my laptop. Definitely gonna have to cop one ASAP.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I’m way out of the loop but :snoop: at Apple not including the extension cord now. Wish I would have known so I could order one with my laptop. Definitely gonna have to cop one ASAP.

they stopped including that awhile ago. my MBP from 2017 didn't come with one, but I kept it from the 2013 MBP I had prior, and when I sold the 2013 MBP, I didn't include it.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I thought I was overlooking it in the box. Luckily, I still had my old one from my other Macbook charger. Fit perfect

I can't believe Apple released a Macbook with Chrome running smoother than Safari :dead:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
they stopped including that awhile ago. my MBP from 2017 didn't come with one, but I kept it from the 2013 MBP I had prior, and when I sold the 2013 MBP, I didn't include it.
Yeah I started reading and it’s definitely been gone a long ass time :heh:

I have a few cords, but I’m debating selling my old MB Air or Pro and will include the charger and cord.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What notch :mjgrin:

Macbook.png