Official 2024 Oscars Thread

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Greta Lee not getting nominated is bad. Definitely the worst miss on the list. Snubbed for some throwaway Annette Bening role.

Maestro wasn't a good movie. I like Bradley but that was a total miss. Leonard Bernstein is a lot more interesting than something something closet homosexual.

I watched Anatomy of a Fall on Sunday morning. It's very good, no problem with it getting a Best Picture nod. Seriously, it will always pop in my mind going forward when 50 Cent's P.I.M.P. comes on. But the most impressive performance in that movie wasn't Sandra Huller; it was the kid. The dog was strangely great too, no idea how they got him to play dead like that.

Unpopular opinion: I'd swap out Sterling K. Brown for Charles Melton.

Oppenheimer should win BP, but The Holdovers has Oscar night shocker written all over it. Perfect feel-good Oscar bait.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Greta Lee not getting nominated is bad. Definitely the worst miss on the list. Snubbed for some throwaway Annette Bening role.

Maestro wasn't a good movie. I like Bradley but that was a total miss. Leonard Bernstein is a lot more interesting than something something closet homosexual.

I watched Anatomy of a Fall on Sunday morning. It's very good, no problem with it getting a Best Picture nod. Seriously, it will always pop in my mind going forward when 50 Cent's P.I.M.P. comes on. But the most impressive performance in that movie wasn't Sandra Huller; it was the kid. The dog was strangely great too, no idea how they got him to play dead like that.

Unpopular opinion: I'd swap out Sterling K. Brown for Charles Melton.

Oppenheimer should win BP, but The Holdovers has Oscar night stocker written all over it. Perfect feel-good Oscar bait.
Anatomy of a Fall was a great movie. I'm hoping it pulls off a couple of surprise wins

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
came in to say the guy that played Fritz Von Erich should have gotten a supporting actor nomination.
Absolutely, Harris dikkinson is another good actor with range that's overlooked.
Each actor who portrayed a Von Erich put on Oscar-worthy performances but damn, I hate it for Efron especially.
I needed this for Efron because right now every role for an under-30 actor is going to Michael B Jordan by default. He needs competition, because the list of good under 40 actors is real thin imo

Jeremy Allen White has next though too. He'll get a good movie role and breakout this year I think.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Absolutely, Harris dikkinson is another good actor with range that's overlooked. I needed this for Efron because right now every role for an under-30 actor is going to Michael B Jordan be default. He needs completion, because it's think right now. Jeremy Allen White has next though too. He'll get a good movie role and breakout this year I think.
I was really impressed with Stanley Simons’ performance, a newcomer who doesn’t even have his own wiki page yet nor is known enough to get front billing with the rest of the leads. He made that screentime count. A24 should’ve waited on that one though. They did it no favors by dropping it in December.