Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Worse thing about the MNF game is it probably takes Maxx Crosby out of the mix for us. I'm not confident the Raiders actually trade their second best player but if they do...it's prob not gonna be to us before that game, or by the deadline which is the day after. If not Crosby, maybe Minnesota is open to play ball. Especially if they lose tonight lol. Danielle Hunter opposite of Hutch could fix our sack issue. Way too easy to fukk up this defense by stopping one guy.

The other thing that impacts wins/losses is RB...we need to trade for one IMO. Way too much on the line to risk everything on the health of Montgomery. Does he play on Monday? Who knows. If you can get Derrick Henry for a 5th round pick, do it. Or Dalvin Cook for a 6th rounder.

I think I'm more inclined to stick with things at CB and pray Jacobs and Sutton don't go down. It's a risk but I'm not sure there's anything out there on the trade market that makes this team much better. We have to hit the secondary hard in the draft. And BTW I think we should resign Gardner-Johnson because the safety play doesn't look great right now. Kerby just seems rusty/injured, hopefully he shakes it off soon.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
:wtf: Charles couldn't stay healthy/was lights out otherwise, RIP, yall hate MSU that bad :mjlol:
I'm completely unbiased when it comes to the state colleges, with the exception of Eastern, and respectfully, at no point in his short professional career can Charles Rogers be referred to as "lights out":stopitslime:
Worse thing about the MNF game is it probably takes Maxx Crosby out of the mix for us. I'm not confident the Raiders actually trade their second best player but if they do...it's prob not gonna be to us before that game, or by the deadline which is the day after. If not Crosby, maybe Minnesota is open to play ball. Especially if they lose tonight lol. Danielle Hunter opposite of Hutch could fix our sack issue. Way too easy to fukk up this defense by stopping one guy.

The other thing that impacts wins/losses is RB...we need to trade for one IMO. Way too much on the line to risk everything on the health of Montgomery. Does he play on Monday? Who knows. If you can get Derrick Henry for a 5th round pick, do it. Or Dalvin Cook for a 6th rounder.

I think I'm more inclined to stick with things at CB and pray Jacobs and Sutton don't go down. It's a risk but I'm not sure there's anything out there on the trade market that makes this team much better. We have to hit the secondary hard in the draft. And BTW I think we should resign Gardner-Johnson because the safety play doesn't look great right now. Kerby just seems rusty/injured, hopefully he shakes it off soon.
Wholeheartedly agreed with this plan. To me Henry for a 4th or 5th is a no brainer.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I think the secondary is a heavy concern, we’re one step from Chase Lucas as a starter in the playoffs.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes you just get your teeth kicked in :manny:. If we keeping it a stack this is what woulda happened in KC if nikkas werent dropping everything. And just like you cant overreact to the KC W, you cant overreact to this L. This team was not about to just waltz to a SB win. This L is actually good IMO as it kills the noise and extra shyt and forces the team to take an honest look in the mirror. Theyll be fine.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

As long as they beat the Raiders, hopefully a thumping, they could still get Crosby after the game. They'd be 3-5 with no real path to the playoffs. Come to an agreement before the game with however many picks it takes.

I'd kill for Hunter as well but would Minny trade him in the division? His contract is amazing too.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm completely unbiased when it comes to the state colleges, with the exception of Eastern, and respectfully, at no point in his short professional career can Charles Rogers be referred to as "lights out":stopitslime:

Wholeheartedly agreed with this plan. To me Henry for a 4th or 5th is a no brainer.

Charles was productive when on the field, small sample size but still. Don't act like cats weren't hype :ufdup:

All im saying is that the comparison with Jameson ain't it, not even close to same circumstances. :manny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
As long as they beat the Raiders, hopefully a thumping, they could still get Crosby after the game. They'd be 3-5 with no real path to the playoffs. Come to an agreement before the game with however many picks it takes.

I'd kill for Hunter as well but would Minny trade him in the division? His contract is amazing too.
Minny traded with us last year so it's possible. Tables have kind of turned though so I don't know if their GM has the leeway he had last year. Granted I would hope people in Minnesota's front office/ownership understand they're in a rebuild and last year wasn't really...real.

My only issue with Hunter is his pass rush win rate is low. Maybe some of our rotation guys would get a lot of sacks too if we were blitzing 70% of the time. Crosby, Burns, and Chase Young gotta be the first targets. But I'd def take Hunter if that fails

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Charles was productive when on the field, small sample size but still. Don't act like cats weren't hype :ufdup:

All im saying is that the comparison with Jameson ain't it, not even close to same circumstances. :manny:
This ain't really about Charles and I don't know why mentioning him bothered you. There aren't drastic difference between their productivity vs expectations at this point. Fans were hype to have Charles and fans were hype to have Jamo in the offense. Both were drastically underwhelming at equal points in their career. The hope is Jamo can turn it around, something Rogers was never able to do. Besides Rogers first game where he had the 2 tds he never was very productive. And that's no MSU slander, that's just facts.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Vikings offense is good enough to put up points. Can't sleep on them. I think the Packers are done, but the Vikings seem like they can hover around that wild card spot and capitalize if someone (ie us) fukks up.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Vikings offense is good enough to put up points. Can't sleep on them. I think the Packers are done, but the Vikings seem like they can hover around that wild card spot and capitalize if someone (ie us) fukks up.

49ers cant play from behind. Purdy a game manager. Cousins played out of his mind. Still don’t think Vikings are winning much without Jefferson

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This ain't really about Charles and I don't know why mentioning him bothered you. There aren't drastic difference between their productivity vs expectations at this point. Fans were hype to have Charles and fans were hype to have Jamo in the offense. Both were drastically underwhelming at equal points in their career. The hope is Jamo can turn it around, something Rogers was never able to do. Besides Rogers first game where he had the 2 tds he never was very productive. And that's no MSU slander, that's just facts.

The reason why they were/aren't panning out currently is for different reasons, slick/side MSU slander aside, only reason I'm commenting about it.

I do believe Jameson will turn it around.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
The reason why they were/aren't panning out currently is for different reasons, slick/side MSU slander aside, only reason I'm commenting about it.

I do believe Jameson will turn it around.
Respect. That we can agree on. Hopefully he finds his way and Ben figures out how to really incorporate him and Gibbs into the offense over the second half of the season. Wanna see them looking like a machine heading into the playoffs.