Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

vino

Superstar
Daps
This is wild man. I knew it would tough with the injuries but I aint this bad.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He looked lost all game tbh, just off page with everyone else. I don't get it. I thought he took a big step forward last week, so to come out and look like this...dunno man. I'm not calling anyone a bust but Jamo has to be better. If he can't get anything done next week against a bad Raiders team it may be time to see Green more. He's fast too.

5-2. Beat the Raiders, get to the bye and get healthy.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I hate to say it, but it's looking that way. One of those burner types that only looks good when he's wide open and has the coverage beat.
Man, we have no patience. He’s been away from the team and injured for most of his career.

I’ll wait to pass judgement until the end of the year. He could be Ted Ginn Jr but it’s too early to tell.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
damn, feel bad for Jameson. gotta catch that, but can Goff hit him in stride on one of those
Naw, fukk that. If this nikka can only catch a perfectly thrown ball then he's useless. That should have been a easy six. Deep balls aren't going to always be perfect. That's the point of having drop threats that can adjust to make those tough catches.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I hate to say it, but it's looking that way. One of those burner types that only looks good when he's wide open and has the coverage beat.
Charles Rogers all over again. He didn't have drop issues at Alabama. I don't know what the hell happened to him.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Man, we have no patience. He’s been away from the team and injured for most of his career.

I’ll wait to pass judgement until the end of the year. He could be Ted Ginn Jr but it’s too early to tell.
I'm waiting too, but it is the same problem with him with damn near every ball that comes his way. He's dropping anything where a defender is near so far. That's not something practicing on the juggs machine can help. I hope that he just has to get comfortable, but once it was pointed out to me that's what I see every time.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Jamo mental definitely lacking. Night and day between him and guys like Laporte and Amon Ra who understand where they are supposed to be.

Tedd Ginn seems like best case scenario from what Ive seen so far

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Charles Rogers all over again. He didn't have drop issues at Alabama. I don't know what the hell happened to him.
Going back and watching his highlights, now I'm noticing he's only making catches when he's got a guy burnt by 5 yds or more. He'll still hey some of those opportunities cause he's burner, but this the NFL and he ain't just gonna speed past everybody. He's gonna have to make some catches in traffic and with deep balls with defenders in the vicinity. He seems afraid of contract.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Going back and watching his highlights, now I'm noticing he's only making catches when he's got a guy burnt by 5 yds or more. He'll still hey some of those opportunities cause he's burner, but this the NFL and he ain't just gonna speed past everybody. He's gonna have to make some catches in traffic and with deep balls with defenders in the vicinity. He seems afraid of contract.
He returned some kicks at Bama and likes blocking though.

He has steps on the defender there but can't locate the ball. He looked over the wrong shoulder first. Nothing looks clean or natural with him.

Yeah, he has a step on most defenders but he's catching everything cleanly; he made adjustments while the ball was in the air. He has stone hands right now and seems to have zero awareness. I don't understand how he lost it all.

The guy in the Lions uniform is not the same player. He looks totally different. It's definitely mental.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Naw, fukk that. If this nikka can only catch a perfectly thrown ball then he's useless. That should have been a easy six. Deep balls aren't going to always be perfect. That's the point of having drop threats that can adjust to make those tough catches.

Roddy White's hands were probably worst before he leveled up, and he missed no time. The kid may be a bit rusty still. Need a few more games at least.

Goff needs to be accurate too though. No excuse since he's making big QB money/appears to be the guy they are rolling with :manny: