Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
He returned some kicks at Bama and likes blocking though.

He has steps on the defender there but can't locate the ball. He looked over the wrong shoulder first. Nothing looks clean or natural with him.

Yeah, he has a step on most defenders but he's catching everything cleanly; he made adjustments while the ball was in the air. He has stone hands right now and seems to have zero awareness. I don't understand how he lost it all.

The guy in the Lions uniform is not the same player. He looks totally different. It's definitely mental.

I hear you. Even all if that is with seeing what's in front of you and being able to initiate or avoid the contact. Life of a wr means sometimes you gonna take hits you can't see or brace for as your focusing on the ball. That's not the same as blocking or returning kicks where the defense is still 10 yds away from contact. Again, I'm hoping its not the case or if it is then he gets over it, but once it was brought to my attention it matches with what I see on the field. And if he's doing the same thing in practice then his low snap count actually makes sense.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Gibbs had a really good game, only person who looked good tbh.

He's far from the reason we lost today but I'm concerned about Jamo at this point. Drops are gonna happen but at this point there are multiple instances where it seems like he's running the wrong route entirely. I watched a lot of Bama games when he was there...he wasn't dropping balls like this. He's never been a hands catcher per se, and instead catches with his chest. But still, I don't get it. I still expect him to be slowly getting in tune due to the suspension and injury but...they can't even consistently get him easy throws. Next week as to be better. I won't make any definitive statements yet. Whether people are Jamo haters or defenders...someone is gonna be right by the end of the season.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Gibbs had a really good game, only person who looked good tbh.

He's far from the reason we lost today but I'm concerned about Jamo at this point. Drops are gonna happen but at this point there are multiple instances where it seems like he's running the wrong route entirely. I watched a lot of Bama games when he was there...he wasn't dropping balls like this. He's never been a hands catcher per se, and instead catches with his chest. But still, I don't get it. I still expect him to be slowly getting in tune due to the suspension and injury but...they can't even consistently get him easy throws. Next week as to be better. I won't make any definitive statements yet. Whether people are Jamo haters or defenders...someone is gonna be right by the end of the season.
It almost feels like he’s back at Ohio state. He’s talented but the guys ahead of him were better or more reliable. Olave and Wilson were better. Kj hill was more reliable. He’s has to be where he needs to be when he needs to be there or dominate. Right now, he doesn’t do either so his play time will be limited

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lions got smoked by the Pats in 2014 and should've won their playoff game that yr also if not for cheating. I knew this going in, but this confirms to me that we're not a Super Bowl team. We're still getting there, a home playoff game and first round win is still a successful season.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I mean they still should be able to win the division and a playoff game but just can't be sure what you're going to get even if it's leaning towards good. The elite teams in the NFL probably aren't getting blown out like this though.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I mean they still should be able to win the division and a playoff game but just can't be sure what you're going to get even if it's leaning towards good. The elite teams in the NFL probably aren't getting blown out like this though.
Ehh, it happens once in a while. shyt, the Lions themselves smoked the Pats in 2018.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It almost feels like he’s back at Ohio state. He’s talented but the guys ahead of him were better or more reliable. Olave and Wilson were better. Kj hill was more reliable. He’s has to be where he needs to be when he needs to be there or dominate. Right now, he doesn’t do either so his play time will be limited

Yup, the regression makes no sense. You expect a lot of miscues and fukk ups given how little he's practiced but still. Today's game could have been week 12 last year, it looks the same. There are certain rhythm throws that should be eazy completions to get a receiver going, from curl routes to screens. And he misses those constantly. Next year's draft is gonna be interesting. End of the day I'm not gonna stress it. I've defended him and will continue to do so but by the end of the season we'll know what we have. Good or bad.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yup, the regression makes no sense. You expect a lot of miscues and fukk ups given how little he's practiced but still. Today's game could have been week 12 last year, it looks the same. There are certain rhythm throws that should be eazy completions to get a receiver going, from curl routes to screens. And he misses those constantly. Next year's draft is gonna be interesting. End of the day I'm not gonna stress it. I've defended him and will continue to do so but by the end of the season we'll know what we have. Good or bad.
I feel you. As you probably remember, I’ve been critical of him but I’m not willing to call him a bust. The start of his career has been bizarre, he needs time. If he isn’t a difference maker by years end, we need to find someone to compete at the role we thought he’d fill.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s clear that we’re being carried by a weak schedule, happens every year for some teams and it’s time we have something fortunate bounce our way. I hope that doesn’t makes Holmes blinded from doing what needs to be done

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Ben Johnson puts players in ‘roles’ instead of crafting a system for their talent. It can be a good thing to get by injuries but it’s gonna be hard to reach your real potential. I won’t warn the Bears of that when they hire him

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Ben Johnson puts players in ‘roles’ instead of crafting a system for their talent. It can be a good thing to get by injuries but it’s gonna be hard to reach your real potential. I won’t warn the Bears of that when they hire him
Watching Miami last night, seeing the crossing routes and other shyt...yea I see you're point. I'm not gonna outright say there is no creativity to Ben Johnson because that would be false, and we have to preface everything with "but Jamo has to catch the ball" BUT...I'm kind of concerned. I'm also wondering what things look like next year when it's a different offense with Goff, Jamo is learning a new playbook etc. Maybe he finishes the season strong and works his ass off next offseason which would make this a moot point but we don't know that yet.

I'm also not thrilled at the possibility of hiring a new OC in house. Granted Campbell has been very good at hiring coaches but this may be a point where he just takes the "next man up" with the staff instead of looking outside too.

That offensive performance was atrocious. Can't write off 6 previous games to focus on one but still. We've got clear flaws on tape. And I fear they're gonna just say "wait till Montgomery gets back" instead of recognizing we need way more focus on putting playmakers in position. Specifically Gibbs. And there needs to be some type of intervention with Jamo in terms of routes and catching. This stuff has to be fixed now. Lot of bad teams coming up that we should be able to run/pass on so no excuse.