NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
I’ve seen AfrAms call themselves “regular black”. Comedians have brought it up. I don’t get it.
Probably because every other black group tries to come off like they mixed with some special Arawak taino Jamaican Chinese dougla bullshyt. Most of the AAs up there that would refer to themselves as just regular black is probably "throwing shade" at you flag waving special snowflake nikkas, esp the females.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably because every other black group tries to come off like they mixed with some special Arawak taino Jamaican Chinese dougla bullshyt. Most of the AAs up there that would refer to themselves as just regular black is probably "throwing shade" at you flag waving special snowflake nikkas, esp the females.
But I’m not even talking about racial admixture, just plain nationality wise. American is seen as “regular”.

Plenty of AAs brag about being part Native too.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
DC has the second highest African population but the percentage of the population that is African is greater so it stands out more down here

Oh and absolutely dc has a higher east African population

yeah
percentage wise i totally agree

Breh....can you read?:gucci:

Dc' s EAST African population is bigger than new york

breh
it’s like 300k blacks living in DC
it’s like 2.3 million blacks living in nyc

:snoop:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I’ve seen AfrAms call themselves “regular black”. Comedians have brought it up. I don’t get it.

I could never understand why we call ourselves that either. African Americans are far from anything “regular”. Our culture and history are too godly for us to be downplaying ourselves on some BS label.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I could never understand why we call ourselves that either. African Americans are far from anything “regular”. Our culture and history are too godly for us to be downplaying ourselves on some BS label.
We gotta get these pride-less offbrands out here misrepresenting the culture in order.
:manny:

They get disrespected because they don’t respect themselves.
:manny:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
:gucci::martin::gucci::martin:

what da hell is going on in here

DC population is less then a million
nyc population is almost 9 million

:snoop: so how da hell can DC have more Africans then nyc :snoop:

He's speaking of the EAST AFRICAN population (Ethipoians and Etitreans primarily).

They have huge numbers here in DC. Not sure of in NYC.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
NY food- I remember the first time that I had red red, Indian dishes, Peruvian, Carribean... there was a restaurant in Washington heights that my friends and I would go to with the simplest chicken con pollo (not sure if it’s still there) but it was dope. Best real pizza spots, no competition.

After all that Never had the taste for the americanized/European fast food spots (McDonald’s, Fridays, Applebee’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut )

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Someone who gets it