NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I could never understand why we call ourselves that either. African Americans are far from anything “regular”. Our culture and history are too godly for us to be downplaying ourselves on some BS label.

Im from NY and aframs only use that term in specific situations to get the point across that they aren't foreign(ers) to the USA.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
But according to some people here Africans don't live in the same neighborhoods with Black Americans.

As soon as an African immigrant steps off the plane he is somehow able to afford a house in a rich White neighborhood.

They do but only in a areas around the north east/parts of the upper south and maybe a few places out west. Most aframs in the deep(er) south don't even see africans like that.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AAs are “regular black” yet when we pull up on any of these peoples countries the locals/Native woman trip all over themselves trying to talk to us
:mjlol:

Being at the top is never easy
That would be the case if ANY American pulled up in a foreign black country. That would happen to any American in most countries they go to period. I guess you can call it a virtue of being American.

So when you say "being at the top is never easy" are you talking about being American, or are you talking about being Black (African) American, and what exactly would you be on top of?

Daps
That would be the case if ANY American pulled up in a foreign black country. That would happen to any American in most countries they go to period. I guess you can call it a virtue of being American.

So when you say "being at the top is never easy" are you talking about being American, or are you talking about being Black (African) American, and what exactly would you be on top of?
I was in Accra with my Ghanaian-American homie, locals treated him like a weirdo out of touch with his own culture, it was different story when I pulled up though :shaq:

Same thing when me and that same homie when to Dakar, we were both foreigners, both American passports but we weren’t treated the same :mjgrin:

It’s cool though. This internet shyt is just internet shyt. We all know what it is in real life and that’s all that matters because this keyboard shyt is for the birds

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I don't see how y'all do it. fukk does that even mean? I would catch a charge behind some shyt like that.

The regular Black part isn't the offending part to me. It's the assumption of superiority that is bothersome.

America is a "dream" for every other Black community solely because of "regular Black" folks.

Any sense of superiority is undeserved, unfathomable, and unfortunate.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I started to notice alot more when i'm talking with someone who is WI or African or Afro Latino and they ask specifically where my family is from and I say "I'm straight American"...the responses is always (from men and women) "Oh you're a Yankee" or "oh...you're just regular black huh" while they laugh or roll their eyes.
Where the fukk did this happen? I'm in crown heights. Started a black studies club in my school and went to mostly black schools all my life. I sound like a Brooklyn cat( I'm AA on my pops side NC and WI 4th gen on my momma side Barbados.) Ppl assume I'm AA and never give me no slick shyt, my best friends are West African and West indian. Where are ya'll having these problems? Not being a dikk. Actually curious.

Last edited: