Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
:what:

like half of nyc is black & latinos
dose London even have a latin community ? & it’s only like 15% black

Breh it’s not even close and I’m a londoner.

NY Alone has more Black people in the whole of England the last time I checked.

Theres very very small latin communities,so small that you can miss them easily.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
So basically only western part of africa

Some Africans dont like to stand out, but rather just blend in quietly and go about their business. Some people you saw and thought were american could be immigrants..

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
From my experience in terms of Afro-diversity

NYC > DC > London

NYC has it all as far as afro diversity. West Africans, East Africans, Afro-Latinos, Caribbeans, Brazilians, East and Southern Africans. NYC really is just a large melting pot for all immigrants.

DC has the same mix as NYC but the African population is primarily West African (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone etc), you'll still see some people from Kenya, Senegal, DR Congo etc. DC has the same strong Caribbean mix. The Afro-Latino population is not as noticeable as in NYC though. Not as many Brazilians as well.

London doesn't really have a Latino population. The Africans in London are primarily Nigerians and Ghanians, but really more Nigerian. You still have some Kenyas, Ugandan and a few other Anglophone countries represented. The Caribbean mix is dominated by Jamaicans easily. Brazilians are pretty much non-existent outside of embassy work.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From my experience in terms of Afro-diversity

NYC > DC > London

NYC has it all as far as afro diversity. West Africans, East Africans, Afro-Latinos, Caribbeans, Brazilians, East and Southern Africans. NYC really is just a large melting pot for all immigrants.

DC has the same mix as NYC but the African population is primarily West African (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone etc), you'll still see some people from Kenya, Senegal, DR Congo etc. DC has the same strong Caribbean mix. The Afro-Latino population is not as noticeable as in NYC though. Not as many Brazilians as well.

London doesn't really have a Latino population. The Africans in London are primarily Nigerians and Ghanians, but really more Nigerian. You still have some Kenyas, Ugandan and a few other Anglophone countries represented. The Caribbean mix is dominated by Jamaicans easily. Brazilians are pretty much non-existent outside of embassy work.
Dc has a HUGE east African pop. Probably larger than New york's

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Yeah NYC is goat when it comes to disapora.
People say DC is number 2 but I'll put Miami in the 2nd spot. DC has the african population but Miami has all of the Caribbean and afro latinos. It's so many Haitians, Yardies, Bahamians, Trini's, Dominicans, afro cubans, Brazilian s, Panamanian etc in south florida

Edit: talking bout the states .Obviously would put London after NY.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yeah NYC is goat when it comes to disapora.
People say DC is number 2 but I'll put Miami in the 2nd spot. DC has the african population but Miami has all of the Caribbean and afro latinos. It's so many Haitians, Yardies, Bahamians, Trini's, Dominicans, afro cubans, Brazilian s, Panamanian etc in south florida

Edit: talking bout the states .Obviously would put London after NY.

I'd still put DC above Miami. DC still has the Caribbean population strong here. But I think the fact that the African population is stronger and more diverse in DC has me giving DC the No. 2.

Also, I'd put Miami over London tbh. London is primarily Nigerian and Jamaican when looking at Afro diaspora. There are others but in such small pockets. Not on the scale of NYC or DC.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I'd still put DC above Miami. DC still has the Caribbean population strong here. But I think the fact that the African population is stronger and more diverse in DC has me giving DC the No. 2.

Also, I'd put Miami over London tbh. London is primarily Nigerian and Jamaican when looking at Afro diaspora. There are others but in such small pockets. Not on the scale of NYC or DC.
Hmm, I won't argue with you. But the Caribbean population is so huge in miami. I'd wager more caribs in miami then africans in dc. And that afro latino population is significant too. But who knows.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Hmm, I won't argue with you. But the Caribbean population is so huge in miami. I'd wager more caribs in miami then africans in dc. And that afro latino population is significant too. But who knows.

No doubt more caribbeans in Miami, but I think in terms of diversity of the Afro population DC has Miami beat.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone from Congo, Togo, Kenya or Zimbabwe in Miami but you'll see them in DC.

But you'll see Trinis, Jamaicans, Grenadians etc in both DC and Miamk but there'll be way more in Miami.

DC is more like a little bit from everywhere whereas Miami seems more like a lot from certain areas.

So DC you'll see most if not all Afro diaspora represented but in smaller numbers (generalization, some communities are very noticable eg Nigerian, Jamaican etc) but Miami I think you'll see larger communities eg Haitians, Jamaicans etc.

But like you said, who knows.

I'm just a Nigerian breh enjoying the different cuisines of the Afro diaspora in DC :blessed:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
No doubt more caribbeans in Miami, but I think in terms of diversity of the Afro population DC has Miami beat.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone from Congo, Togo, Kenya or Zimbabwe in Miami but you'll see them in DC.

But you'll see Trinis, Jamaicans, Grenadians etc in both DC and Miamk but there'll be way more in Miami.

DC is more like a little bit from everywhere whereas Miami seems more like a lot from certain areas.

So DC you'll see most if not all Afro diaspora represented but in smaller numbers (generalization, some communities are very noticable eg Nigerian, Jamaican etc) but Miami I think you'll see larger communities eg Haitians, Jamaicans etc.

But like you said, who knows.

I'm just a Nigerian breh enjoying the different cuisines of the Afro diaspora in DC :blessed:
DC is also Hella diverse but I think NYC has it beat with sure diversity and number

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's a better place than a lot of diversed places in the US. People from different ethnicities actually interact with each other instead of majority of the time, stay in their corner.

A lot of places down south and west are really segregated. Down here, there is very little reason to be outside your circle.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:gucci::martin::gucci::martin:

what da hell is going on in here

DC population is less then a million
nyc population is almost 9 million

:snoop: so how da hell can DC have more Africans then nyc :snoop:
DC has the second highest African population but the percentage of the population that is African is greater so it stands out more down here

Oh and absolutely dc has a higher east African population