Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
:patrice:
"Elaborate..."

cd7.gif

Nigerians, more so immigrants, see the US as a place of opportunity and usually are dead set in objectively achieving certain goals that are not readily available back home. That said, activities and thinking that are more common to the American populace, regardless of race, will usually be shunned as it's seen as "a distraction". This can be seen across various immigrant populations.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
:mjlol: when I be in NY I just hear NY accents and slang by boroughs/ section of the city.

Literally I just know a bk, bx, harlem, queens nikkas just by mannerism. I dont even think if a nikka is AA, west indian, or African fr fr.
When shyt goes left you hear these nikkas saying im from brooklyn, queenz, bx, harlem not jamaica, ghana, trinidad or nigeria

Outta curiosity breh, what are the mannerisms you’ve observed?

And how much does the NYC accent vary from borough to borough? I’ve always felt like Queens nikkas generally don’t sound as heavy as Brooklyn nikkas (think Mobb Deep, Nas, 50, Lloyd Banks, Nicki Minaj, Remy Banks, etc. vs. Joey Bada$$, Biggie, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, ODB, Busta, etc.) and Harlem nikkas have some type of slickness to their accent that’s kinda hard to describe (think Big L, Mase, Diddy, A$AP Rocky, Smoke DZA, etc.).

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: when I be in NY I just hear NY accents and slang by boroughs/ section of the city.

Literally I just know a bk, bx, harlem, queens nikkas just by mannerism. I dont even think if a nikka is AA, west indian, or African fr fr.
When shyt goes left you hear these nikkas saying im from brooklyn, queenz, bx, harlem not jamaica, ghana, trinidad or nigeria

Whats your opinion on BK nikkas :birdman: