Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I guess i haven’t been on here too long I’m confused by your last paragraph!
He’s telling me that imma get cracked in the jaw bc my ancestry is not “authentic aa” to him. ignore him... like u said- his only purpose was an attempt to divert the thread - that failed, badly.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
:gucci:Im dark skinned and Black...ur upset and misguided. I “rep” black and Afro-Latin. Not Mexicac. Think more Bernice Burgos or juju and less Penelope Cruz or Jessica alba. Save all that fukk this and fukk that overly emotive ranting and rat shyt for the cacs... but ur the type that wouldn’t say that shyt to a cacs face in public regardless. This internet lets you talk that shyt but rarely do you live it. There’s a bunch of them (cacs) on here and yet I’ve never seen you come at them with this level of vitriol. :jbhmm:

And I think I’m white?.. Never that.... I just dont need to prove my blackness as much as you seem to.
:sas2::hubie:

Real live? :ohhh:

:noah:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
joint was packed. it's definitely growing. they gonna have to get a bigger venue for next year. They actually ran out of jollof rice at the jollof rice festival :mjlol:

the melanin. black queens everywhere :blessed:

Liberia took the crown this year.

I wanted to go yesterday but I decided to go chill at National Harbor with the fam and check out the UniverSoul Circus for the first time. It was worth it TBH, made me fall in love with Da Culture even more :banderas:

But hopefully, I’ll be able to come thru at the Jollof Rice festival next time. Did you really had to pay $20+$3 fee for general admission tickets tho?

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
joint was packed. it's definitely growing. they gonna have to get a bigger venue for next year. They actually ran out of jollof rice at the jollof rice festival :mjlol:

the melanin. black queens everywhere :blessed:

Liberia took the crown this year.

fukk, I forgot our jollof festival here in NYC is also around this time. Gotta see if there are tickets left. :snoop:

Liberia won? Thank Goodness and congrats to them, as long as it's not Nigeria winning again like last year :russ:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Dang I assumed you were from uptown. Im mad NYC Black Hispanics take pride in their blackness.:ehh:

But I hardly be in Queens.

Came across this video today.. thought I would pass along. Thought it was interesting, relating to what we were discussing in here.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
:francis:

i never heard of that
when people say DC .... they mean DC
when people say DMV ... they mean DMV

:yeshrug:
I'm telling its not always like that

People say DMV as far as people who don't live in d.c. to give you an idea what area they are talking about

People who live there sometimes say d.c. to mean they live in the region, not always they live in the d.c. directly. When they say d.c., a lot of times its the blacks or latins from southern maryland, Northern virginia has blacks, and latins but a lot don't consider that d.c.. They still argue on being from d.c. with moco, and pg cpunty, but not nearly as much as northern Virginia being part of the scene

The point is everyone doesn't say dmv all the time, or dc, you gotta understand the area to understand. It's like NYC, when some people say they going to the city, it can mean Manhattan, but it can also mean coming from out of town to NYC as a whole, not just Manhattan. Once you go to different places, you start to learn the different things of towns.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I'm telling its not always like that

People say DMV as far as people who don't live in d.c. to give you an idea what area they are talking about

People who live there sometimes say d.c. to mean they live in the region, not always they live in the d.c. directly. When they say d.c., a lot of times its the blacks or latins from southern maryland, Northern virginia has blacks, and latins but a lot don't consider that d.c.. They still argue on being from d.c. with moco, and pg cpunty, but not nearly as much as northern Virginia being part of the scene

The point is everyone doesn't say dmv all the time, or dc, you gotta understand the area to understand. It's like NYC, when some people say they going to the city, it can mean Manhattan, but it can also mean coming from out of town to NYC as a whole, not just Manhattan. Once you go to different places, you start to learn the different things of towns.

Born and raised in Washington, DC and most of us that were really born and raised there say D.C. or native Washingtonian in my experience. The vast majority of people I meet that say 'DMV' or 'DMV area' are not actually from the city. Especially people I meet outside of the city that claim DMV or D.C. area... they make the :merchant: face when I ask them where they went to school.

"Queen Anne":sadcam:

Me: :pachaha:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Born and raised in Washington, DC and most of us that were really born and raised there say D.C. or native Washingtonian in my experience. The vast majority of people I meet that say 'DMV' or 'DMV area' are not actually from the city. Especially people I meet outside of the city that claim DMV or D.C. area... they make the :merchant: face when I ask them where they went to school.

"Queen Anne":sadcam:

Me: :pachaha:
No doubt!

But you will hear someone from Pg county say they from d.c., sometimes, right?

You're from the actual city, so its gonna be different for you

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
No doubt!

But you will hear someone from Pg county say they from d.c., sometimes, right?

You're from the actual city, so its gonna be different for you

Yeah they do, we used to make fun of them for it lol but it's more acceptable now that 'DMV' has become such a widely used term.

Edit: I still personally prefer that they don't rep DC if they're not actually from D.C. tho :manny:

Last edited:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I've lived in DC, Miami and NYC at this point. D.C. had the most Aframs/Black Americans by far even tho the East African population is also substantial. Most of them do not fukk with us (AAs) tho in my experience :manny: mainly because they didn't **really** consider themselves to be Black, it was weird. I think I knew ONE West African girl growing up. Most of the Black people in DC are AA or East African but there IS a decent sized WI population. Mainly Jamaican from what I've seen but there's a handful of Guyanese and also Antiguans too, who I haven't seen anywhere else in any city that I've lived. (I'm sure there are some Antiguans in New York, I just never met any :hubie:)

Haitians, especially Miami zoes, have the most allegiance with AAs imo because they know what it is to be hated in their own country. Non-Black Latinx run shyt in Miami, especially the white Cubans that are racist as fukk and can't decide who they hate more on the daily, AAs or Haitians. Decent size AA population in Miami, lots of Haitians, Cubans, Belizeans and other Central Americans there that you don't really come across in NYC; a LOT of Central Americans are Black.

NYC is for sure the melting pot in terms of different types of Black people, especially Africans and WIs, but I agree with other posters that it is off-putting having people drill you on, "No, where are you REALLY from?" Then them being disappointed that you are just **regular** Black. Never had issues with friends or people I know personally but it is made very apparent to us that we are different. Another poster in this thread said they found it weird to be in a classroom where the entire class was AA; coming from D.C. I had an opposite experience of being around people that looked like me but were not from the same country as I was.

It's interesting to me to see posters say they wouldn't want to live in towns that are majority AA tho :patrice: