Not one day has gone by without witnessing one ounce of fukkery

Give me some spots to go to I'm feeling for some good food this week

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
No doubt!

But you will hear someone from Pg county say they from d.c., sometimes, right?

You're from the actual city, so its gonna be different for you

I’m from PG and in an OT situation, I only add DC as a reference point of where in Maryland I’m actually from. Ion do it as some way to claim DC or that I’m from there, far from it lmao. Some people from PG do same as I do but there are others who do it as a way to claim they’re actually from DC. Don’t know about them, but I’m damn proud of being a Meezy. I understand that there are some circumstances tho but I rep PG and D[M]V fully despite my parents being Washingtonians. Can’t comment on Mo County since I’m not from there or even be over that much. Outside of Waldorf, Charles County pretty much does it own thing frfr.

DC a cool and real dope ass city and I have family and friends from there as much as here in PG County, but I’m proudly all about my #MarylandPride and Maryland Ass nikka shyt. I support the DMV but first and foremost, The Chocolate County takes center stage for me moe.

Pretty Gurl County, Meezy :blessed:

S/O to Walker Mill, Suitland Side, Seat Pleasant, Cap Heights, District Heights, Forest Creek and the whole Forestville, Oxon Hill, Clinton and that whole south side of PG. Hell, S/O to Waldorf too, y’all DMV-certified in my book fam :ehh:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Yes nikka because I am America.

...a place that you're foundational to, no matter what cacs/other's think

Na, foundational is the correct term. USA as we know it/it came to be would be more drastically different w/o the Afram base than it would if you erased Amerindians.

Agreed with these posts and other posters that say it's easier for AAs to stick together first :manny: Africans and WIs don't take too kindly to me calling their plantains dirt bananas :mjlol: nothing personal

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Born and raised in Washington, DC and most of us that were really born and raised there say D.C. or native Washingtonian in my experience. The vast majority of people I meet that say 'DMV' or 'DMV area' are not actually from the city. Especially people I meet outside of the city that claim DMV or D.C. area... they make the :merchant: face when I ask them where they went to school.

"Queen Anne":sadcam:

Me: :pachaha:
Nobody from D says they are from DMV.
In fact, if person doesn't start off by saying the quadrant, I won't believe they are from DC.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Born and raised in Washington, DC and most of us that were really born and raised there say D.C. or native Washingtonian in my experience. The vast majority of people I meet that say 'DMV' or 'DMV area' are not actually from the city. Especially people I meet outside of the city that claim DMV or D.C. area... they make the :merchant: face when I ask them where they went to school.

Isn’t there another hbcu out that’s way, that’s part of the univ. Of Maryland system. I know there’s Morgan State (s.o. to the Bears..). And Bowie State but there’s one more that’s further out near the Chesapeake Bay? Or the area near where you’re talking about past Annapolis?

truth2you

All Star
Daps
:ehh:

i never knew - gotta bunch of family in richmond, hampton areas etc. & i never heard them claim DC
but those places aren't in the north

:yeshrug:
Those areas aren't in the dmv

Richmond is like two hours away from d.c., and Hampton is way out to the east coast of virginia near Virginia beach
I’m from PG and in an OT situation, I only add DC as a reference point of where in Maryland I’m actually from. Ion do it as some way to claim DC or that I’m from there, far from it lmao. Some people from PG do same as I do but there are others who do it as a way to claim they’re actually from DC. Don’t know about them, but I’m damn proud of being a Meezy. I understand that there are some circumstances tho but I rep PG and D[M]V fully despite my parents being Washingtonians. Can’t comment on Mo County since I’m not from there or even be over that much. Outside of Waldorf, Charles County pretty much does it own thing frfr.

DC a cool and real dope ass city and I have family and friends from there as much as here in PG County, but I’m proudly all about my #MarylandPride and Maryland Ass nikka shyt. I support the DMV but first and foremost, The Chocolate County takes center stage for me moe.

Pretty Gurl County, Meezy :blessed:

S/O to Walker Mill, Suitland Side, Seat Pleasant, Cap Heights, District Heights, Forest Creek and the whole Forestville, Oxon Hill, Clinton and that whole south side of PG. Hell, S/O to Waldorf too, y’all DMV-certified in my book fam :ehh:
I know one thing, the D.C. area has a lot of talent, but that IDK kid, is NICE!

He's from PG , and rep it all the time

You know about him?

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
In fact, if person doesn't start off by saying the quadrant, I won't believe they are from DC.

I left a comment on an old Rare Essence song on YouTube years ago saying 'fukk a DMV, I'm from DC' :mjlol: last time I checked it when I listened to the song there was like 70 comments of angry nikkas from Maryland :lolbron::bryan:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Central Americans there that you don't really come across in NYC; a LOT of Central Americans are Black.
There’s a lot of black Central Americans in NYC. The Garifuna Hondurans are deep here, there’s a good size Belizean population, as well as a lot of Afro Panamanians and Costa Ricans.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But you will hear someone from Pg county say they from d.c., sometimes, right?
Not really but i think it depends on the area. PG stands on its own for the most part, lot of ny/nj people know about or have moved to PG. Like Capitol heights is right over the dc border so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. But when you have places like Largo, Mitchellville or Upper Marlboro saying they’re from DC then I could see the issue. Or someone from Dale City out in VA claiming that... that’s a real problem. But idk, that’s off my experience.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD

He or she was from the Eastern Shore? I really don’t know what kinda distinct “urban” culture they got out there and I’ve been going to school at UMES since 2016. They seem to do their own thing for the most part.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Came across this video today.. thought I would pass along. Thought it was interesting, relating to what we were discussing in here.

that nikka using intelligent convo to bag chicks

That looks like he is in union square or around there. My old spots to bag chicks, too:blessed:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Not really but i think it depends on the area. PG stands on its own for the most part, lot of ny/nj people know about or have loved to PG. Like Capitol heights is right over the dc border so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. But when you have places like Largo, Mitchellville or Upper Marlboro saying they’re from DC then I could see the issue. Or someone from Dale City out in VA claiming that... that’s a real problem. But idk, that’s off my experience.
Yeah, if I heard someone from the sticks say they from d.c., I know who I'm dealing with, so I'm watching them carefully:whoo:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He or she was from the Eastern Shore? I really don’t know what kinda distinct “urban” culture they got out there and I’ve been going to school at UMES since 2016. They seem to do their own thing for the most part.

That’s the name of the university I couldn’t remember! UM- Eastern Shore.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps

I left a comment on an old Rare Essence song on YouTube years ago saying 'fukk a DMV, I'm from DC' :mjlol: last time I checked it when I listened to the song there was like 70 comments of angry nikkas from Maryland :lolbron::bryan:

DC nikkas always used to say they aint from the DMV them nikkas got gentrified like a mofo
now they out PG, waldorf, and indian head repping DC with the :mjcry: face

times have changed-:wow:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
You’ll find more Ethiopian restaurants in NYC than actual Ethiopian people :francis:

The only girl I met who was Ethiopian who lived in Crown Heights was actually a transplant from DC who moved to NYC to pursue acting :ehh:

Yeah, I matched with a really cute one on Tinder a few years ago, and sure enough, she was just visiting from DC. :mjcry: