NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
There’s a lot of black Central Americans in NYC. The Garifuna Hondurans are deep here, there’s a good size Belizean population, as well as a lot of Afro Panamanians and Costa Ricans.

Yea all the black hondurans and panamaians i knew were from BX or BK- moving down to the DMV.
even the ones I met here in the DMV are almost always from BX or BK

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
that nikka using intelligent convo to bag chicks
I like listening to him... he’s cool. Intelligent convo is the best type of convo.... and he knows how to balance it out with a sense of humor without showing off - he doesn’t come off too intense; it’s more natural.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
There’s a lot of black Central Americans in NYC. The Garifuna Hondurans .
Be Safe Tho

taxstone-interiew-prison-1515597109-640x427.jpg

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I like listening to him... he’s cool. Intelligent convo is the best type of convo.... and he knows how to balance it out with a sense of humor without showing off - he doesn’t come off too intense; it’s more natural.
Trust me, I know

Once I realized the best game, is no game, shyt was a wrap for me

Women just love talking, all I gotta do is go learn something to talk about

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Trust me, I know

Once I realized the best game, is no game, shyt was a wrap for me

Women just love talking, all I gotta do is go learn something to talk about
I’m a woman ...lol but I like talking if I have something that I have a real interest in... or learn about; small talk makes me kind of uncomfortable. Not one for Forced convos or talking just to have something to say.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I left a comment on an old Rare Essence song on YouTube years ago saying 'fukk a DMV, I'm from DC' :mjlol: last time I checked it when I listened to the song there was like 70 comments of angry nikkas from Maryland :lolbron::bryan:
Ran across this a lot in school. Some suburban kids grew up looking down on people from the hood, ........then to appear "cool' they claim that hood or in the case of DMV...claim proximity to the hood.

You know how many people we met who were "from" Newark, and Detroit? and turned out to be from Livingston(NJ) or Bloomfield Hills (MI)?

MC Gusto, Detroit Red MFers.....thinking that they're in a circle where nobody can pull their cards. hehehehe

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Not really but i think it depends on the area. PG stands on its own for the most part, lot of ny/nj people know about or have moved to PG. Like Capitol heights is right over the dc border so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. But when you have places like Largo, Mitchellville or Upper Marlboro saying they’re from DC then I could see the issue. Or someone from Dale City out in VA claiming that... that’s a real problem. But idk, that’s off my experience.

This is on the money. People tend to forget that PG is a pretty big county with a population bigger than San Francisco (with nearly 600k of that 900k+ county residents being Black) and a land area as big as the City of Los Angeles. Sometimes it’s like two worlds in one county frfr....Inner Beltway PG is mostly working class and lower middle class and blue collar and is where 90% of the hoods in the county are; has more available public transit options; the part of the county that feels and looks more visually and culturally ‘urban’; more visual poverty; violent crime, theft, and armed robbery are a daily reality; abundant food deserts and retail deserts (some exceptions like National Harbor, Hyattsville/UTC area, Greenbelt, etc.); a shyt ton of carryouts; smaller and older houses and a lot of old apartment buildings; more sidewalks; the PG accent is strongest here; and is practically the cultural heart of the county....Outer Beltway PG is more mid-tier to upper middle class to old money wealthy and nouveau riche; more white collar and wealthy; generally much bigger houses, nicer condos, more modern apartments, very large estates, and huge townhouses; greener and more suburban and/or country in character; got a few hoods but outside of those, it’s either wannabes or random complexes accepting Section 8 vouchers; nicer looking and better maintained whips; the PG accent can be heard here but it’s more subtle at times; crime mostly involves property crime, burglary, and auto theft; somewhat better dining and retail options but this side of the county isn’t a stranger to deserts in some parts surprisingly; public transit access is either trash or pretty much non-existent; the carryouts become more hit or miss; etc.
School system trash on both sides lol.

It’s basically two different worlds within one county.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
I lived in Brooklyn for a far shorter time and there wasn't a BIG RIVALRY thing but there was definitely little funny shyt between folks w/ AA parents and those of West Indian descent. Yes, people intermix, fukk around, live together, be in the same cliques...but there was always some lil funniness, at least in my opinion.
Then again, I'm not a NYer and I don't agree with/like some of y'all cultural norms and standards.
Been to more than one Jamaican party...it was all good but it wasn't "all good"...
Meanwhile, in DC...totally different story in an AA dominant environment. The flag waving is there but much more subtle and low until the caribbean carnival.

:mjlol: what you are talking about?

you have not lived in the DMV for the last 7 years nikka carribean carnival BEEN over.

There a gang of people who everyone would think was AA but started repping their parents country. I know alot people who I thought were AA but later found out they were haitian, jamaican, nigerian, cameroonian, salone, liberian, bajan, trini, guyanese, panamaian etc.

Aint no friction or funny style in NYC or DMV except the immigrant just came to america and to most immigrants everyone is seen as an outside.

No difference when
Jamaicans call Jamaican americans- Yankee, Nigerians call Nigerian-American Yankee boy,

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yeah. Tax was a flight risk back to Honduras too.

One of the funniest nikkas in the city is Honduran too :pachaha:

Pedestrians here walk without even needing to look side by side

New York folks are magicians

truth2you

All Star
Daps
:mjlol: what you are talking about?

you have not lived in the DMV for the last 7 years nikka carribean carnival BEEN over.

There a gang of people who everyone would think was AA but started repping their parents country. I know alot people who I thought were AA but later found out they were haitian, jamaican, nigerian, cameroonian, salone, liberian, bajan, trini, guyanese, panamaian etc.

Aint no friction or funny style in NYC or DMV except the immigrant just came to america and to most immigrants everyone is seen as an outside.

No difference when
Jamaicans call Jamaican americans- Yankee, Nigerians call Nigerian-American Yankee boy,
Yeah, most of the bullshyt is from the "new here" or older people, the kids is cool, unless they just stay to their kind. Most of the time they the corny nikkas. Not trying to dis them, but a lot of times they are corny:ld:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
So, lets get this straight. In NYC where people look, and act, like black americans, but claim islands, AA are the only people you see calling names?

First, how do you know they are black american in background? Damn near all of us act the same!

Secondly, I think you are being biased for some reason, because there is no way you grew up in Crown heights, and only saw black americans calling foreigners names. I distinctly remember the years of being young when Haitians used to say they were Jamaican, because of the dissing, and a lot of the people dissing PROUDLY claimed Jamaica or some latin country. Then the years when the dissing calmed down on the Haitians in the mid 90's, but African jokes were made, and again by these same people with island backgrounds.

So, I'm trying to find out why when people in NYC are now trying to unify the caribbeans in Brooklyn, and all of a sudden, it was only black americans dissing Haitians, and saying African Booty Scratcher?

This is another reason why I'm hesitant to trust a lot of west indians, because they are changing the narrative now that they are on some "caribbean culture" stuff in this era. Back then it was all about YOUR country, which is nothing wrong with, but now with this "caribbean unity" I'm seeing this narrative be told with an agenda behind it! I really want to have love for my west indian people who I grew up with, and have love for, but it feels like a snake biting me when I hear these half truths be told, now. That is why I feel i have to tell the truth when it comes to this, I WAS THERE, AND REMEMBER EVERYTHING!

I lived In flatbush when I was younger and moved down to the DMV, the Number of Haitians has increased SIGNIFICANTLY in NYC and the DMV.

So def alot of haitians were fronting like Jamaicans back in the day. and African jokes were made by alot of west indians - haitians included. I dont where some of these nikkas lived.

I'd say african jokes- weren't only for african but any immigrant dark nikka who just came to america with a strong accent. I remember two new nikkas at my school were from st lucia and everyone though they were african. if them nikkas were lighter no one would say african jokes.