"Nobody wants their MTV. What's behind Viacom's alarming ratings collapse?"

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
MTV used to have good reality shows when they were based in reality. Over the years they focus tested the shyt out of Real World to the point where you know the exact type of cast they will have every year. You no longer get a good mix of everyday people living together, its all young guppies looking to make friends and have an "experience". Plus why did they get rid of Rock and Jock and Spring Break?

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I hope MTV continues to die a slow painful death..

fukk them.. All they ever did was embrace and force fakkitry down peoples throats and censor hiphop.. They didn't even show any R&B or hiphop videos until Michael Jackson and Thriller forced them to lean back

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If I was running MTV and BET the first things I would do is bring back TLR and 106 & Park.
Kids love interactivity and those two shows are the most interactive shows that both of those networks had. Cancel a couple of those Teen Mom shows and Keyshia Cole's mom's reality show and bring back two shows that could actually get some young eyeballs back on the channels.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i deadass didnt know MTV still existed :deadmanny:

i dont even be seeing that shyt in the guide

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
SHYT .. even the first reality show.. the real world was semi music with Heather B in the studio w/ KRS and that author Kevin Powel.

Now its just random house mates... even makign the band was nice... turn american idol into a live-in reality show...
Wheres the unplugs, behind the music, documentaries... MTV News .. where's the half hour comedy hour.. concerts...

They can still do the reality tv phase.. just make it music based...

get rid of MTV 2 and 3 .. to much is not good .. because they cant even do it on MTV 1

Daps
Mtv used to be entertaining. It had news, the real world, true life, cribs, fanatic, spring break, and actual music. Now I can't even tell you what airs on there. shyt fell off when they started doing all those scripted shows and all that privileged white kids with nonexistent problems shows. Don't even get me started on that teen mom crap. U used to be able to learn something when u tuned in. Now it's just bs. That's why all these kids are fukked up. Watching fukking teen mom like the single mother struggle is cute.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
all of their tv...SUCKS....its as simple as THAT
I don't know what people tapdance around this simple idea.

I barely watch TV anymore. I treat my shows like a lineup in sports. I got a lineup/rotation that changes from season to season. Some shows get dropped, others move into starter positions. while others ride the bench.

Most of the shyt on TV is utter trash brehs. There's the heavy hitters like the HBO shows, or Showtime Originals or the occasional AMC Original (BB, MM) and then there's just hot GAWBAGE.

I even went into the other leagues (Netflix, BBC) to pick up some players that might be franchise changers (OITNB, House of Cards, Peaky Blinders) but that's about it.

And most of this shyt? I download anyways :laugh:

Reality TV is ASS. These game shows are ASS. They been the downfall of American television from day ONE.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
SHYT .. even the first reality show.. the real world was semi music with Heather B in the studio w/ KRS and that author Kevin Powel.

Now its just random house mates... even makign the band was nice... turn american idol into a live-in reality show...
Wheres the unplugs, behind the music, documentaries... MTV News .. where's the half hour comedy hour.. concerts...

They can still do the reality tv phase.. just make it music based...

get rid of MTV 2 and 3 .. to much is not good .. because they cant even do it on MTV 1
:francis: I don't even know what's the point of MTV2 is anymore. All they do is air is syndicated programming of older sitcoms.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
If I was running MTV and BET the first things I would do is bring back TLR and 106 & Park.
Kids love interactivity and those two shows are the most interactive shows that both of those networks had. Cancel a couple of those Teen Mom shows and Keyshia Cole's mom's reality show and bring back two shows that could actually get some young eyeballs back on the channels.
:francis: There's a reason both those shows are no longer on the air.