Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ended up returning it and bought a dock and a pro controller for my bedroom tv instead

personal complaints—

a) still feels awkward to hold...I think it has a lot to do w/ the layout of the buttons on the joycons or in this case both ends of the device...accessing the d-pad always feels weird

b) grips make it a little better but they still dig into my palms a bit cuz they tend to be smaller than actual controller grips

c) I simply hate the feel of the “analog” sticks on the joycons and the switch lite...they just feel flimsy

d) the screen is too small for me to enjoy certain games on it granted I knew that going in bcuz it was the same case w/ using the switch in handheld mode

e) I can survive w/o having a switch lite w/ me when I travel

on a good note...I am using the switch a lot more after getting back into some of these games...I haven’t played anything on the X1/PS4 for almost a week now...re: the switch lite tho I was just curious about having one and I’d probably still keep it if I didn’t feel like it would just end up getting shelved/not used that much...guess it was more of an impulse buy for me

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I ended up returning it and bought a dock and a pro controller for my bedroom tv instead

personal complaints—

a) still feels awkward to hold...I think it has a lot to do w/ the layout of the buttons on the joycons or in this case both ends of the device...accessing the d-pad always feels weird

b) grips make it a little better but they still dig into my palms a bit cuz they tend to be smaller than actual controller grips

c) I simply hate the feel of the “analog” sticks on the joycons and the switch lite...they just feel flimsy

d) the screen is too small for me to enjoy certain games on it granted I knew that going in bcuz it was the same case w/ using the switch in handheld mode

e) I can survive w/o having a switch lite w/ me when I travel

on a good note...I am using the switch a lot more after getting back into some of these games...I haven’t played anything on the X1/PS4 for almost a week now...re: the switch lite tho I was just curious about having one and I’d probably still keep it if I didn’t feel like it would just end up getting shelved/not used that much...guess it was more of an impulse buy for me
I can only see someone enjoying the lite with a regular switch - solely buys digital games or travels alot

You don't have a dock to begin with?
The pro controller is a must buy with a regular switch.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can only see someone enjoying the lite with a regular switch - solely buys digital games or travels alot

You don't have a dock to begin with?
The pro controller is a must buy with a regular switch.

ya I have one that I use in the living room w/ the projector

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so my indecisive ass went out and bought another switch lite after checking out this case...I liked how the blue lite looked w/ the black case so I went w/ that version this time around...I also bought some black skullnco thumb grips as well so together they address a lot of my concerns w/ the lite...I’m playing ‘let’s go pikachu’ on it and I feel like that game is better suited for handheld so I’m enjoying it so far...had a change of heart cuz I’ll be traveling a lot during the winter holidays which are drawing near...I didn’t want to wait cuz I have a feeling this shyt might be harder to purchase during that time as we get closer to the holidays...anyway here’s the case...

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
satisfye finally shipped their grips...shyt feels great...I returned the one above...not my pics below...but posting them since I have the turquoise switch lite...

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
satisfye finally shipped their grips...shyt feels great...I returned the one above...not my pics below...but posting them since I have the turquoise switch lite...

you get that cover/case from japan too? I think you mentioned you copped it a while back...mine came in on monday, shyt's pretty nice

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you get that cover/case from japan too? I think you mentioned you copped it a while back...mine came in on monday, shyt's pretty nice

nah...it looked nice but after the impulse to buy it subsided I didn’t think it would offer that much protection so I canceled the preorder...plus in hindsight it would’ve been a waste of $$$ w/ me buying grips for it