Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I was about to pull the trigger on one but then I realized I would have to buy like 3 games with it (smash and mario shyt) and realized the total cost would be near 550 canadian lol

Unless yall know of a way to totally legally purchase games like how we could on the wii :mjpls:

That's what your $2,000 checks are for... ball out breh

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It only makes sense for nintendo to make a handheld only switch and a stationary only switch

nah that’s dumb...unless I’m misinterpreting what you’re saying the versatility of both in one system is still important to many ppl

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
nah that’s dumb...unless I’m misinterpreting what you’re saying the versatility of both in one system is still important to many ppl
I saved $100 dollars :yeshrug:. I’m a casual gamer and all my old consoles like N64, Dreamcast, ps4,ps3, snes and nes classic are collecting dust (Still works) :yeshrug:. Don’t have time to play :yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I would never buy a Switch Lite. When I'm at home why wouldn't I want to play on my TV?

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
I would never buy a Switch Lite. When I'm at home why wouldn't I want to play on my TV?
True. I do plan to buy the full version one day. The lite is what I need at the moment. It’s not too expensive. Happy with my purchase

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

everybody is not you...I think nintendo is taking more gamers into account hence the different options...personally I’d prefer a stationary model but that doesn’t prevent me from understanding why they’ll probably never abandon the versatility of the OG model even tho they have the switch lite and the rumored switch pro will probably be just for use at home

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

If Nintendo made a stationary console i could get stable 60fps 1080p+ with on my tv I’d choose that over portability as i never use it that way. Just like how they made a handheld specifically for people that want better battery, and more portable form function with the lite and don’t use their tv’s.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I liked it a lot for traveling...didn’t feel comfortable taking the same console I used at home on trips plus the lite feels sturdier as a handheld device than the OG switch...once COVID hit tho the shyt was useless...was able to get $150 for it at gamestop surprisingly

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that’s great...doesn’t touch on my point why it’d be dumb for nintendo to abandon the OG model if they create a stationary one

But they already did it by making a portable only model...I’m not saying they should drop the switch I’m saying they should make a whole line of em

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But they already did it by making a portable only model...I’m not saying they should drop the switch I’m saying they should make a whole line of em

already did what?

them creating the switch lite doesn’t equate to abandoning the OG model’s design/versatility (which is still being sold btw)...and from my understanding the rumored switch pro will still largely be the same design with a bigger screen and more output capabilities as opposed to a standalone

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
again THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO LOST THEIR JOBS

unlike americans we got no "stimulus"
I've been employed all through covid and I haven't got a red cent from the government

Wait, employed Canadians didn't get bread? That's not how the media was portraying it, I was like y'all dudes are caking.